The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 2, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #82,651 of 88,516
Absolutely 100% for me but it has taken a reasonable amount of adjusting etc in terms of source, cables, tips and definitely not an all rounder by any means - beautiful timbre for more minimal modern classical compositions, vocals, acoustic etc.

I’ve found ultimately it’s best with stock 3.5mm cable via LPGT Ti. I debated selling a few times and thankfully it didn’t sell when I had listed, in spite of a very low price. Absolutely a keeper and what I’d consider a classic now.

Wish I had it with me for the weekend away now as craving a listen 😂

IMG_0748.jpeg
for me too..really quite a special, & capable set for music that isn't dependent on bass for enjoyment. I also found the stock cable best so far. Anything with silver just took the treble over the top. I do have a shielded copper cable coming in for them soon, so will see how that goes.

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #82,652 of 88,516
I’m a huge fan of the FW1500 and FW10000, not as old as your FX1200 but around a few years which makes them seem ‘old’ in this fast paced hobby!

I’ve been listening to the Craft Ears ‘Aurum’ a huge amount since it arrived a week or so ago and being a set originally launched in 2020, it is somewhat old now too - but from a sound perspective, it is truly fantastic and again demonstrates the at times fleeting nature of the hobby with so many new sets always grabbing our attention!

The tuning leans a touch bright but with some of the best EST treble I’ve heard - it’s that addictive, visceral, ear-tickling sensation which reminds me a bit of Traillii but more extended. Incredibly precise imaging in a large stage, wonderful detail retrieval, clear and smooth mids, and well balanced low-end with again good sub extension - but definitely not bass head levels. A cohesive and highly engaging overall presentation that has completely exceeded expectations for me… I was stupidly sceptical due to its ‘age’ but very happy to have been proven wrong!

Fantastic set and yet another that I’d have guessed as being a lot more €€€ than the actual €1,295 price tag! Another set to sit with the likes of Fibae5 and Verdandi at a price point that offers fantastic value before getting into the kilobuck levels.

IMG_1711.jpeg
+1 shoutout for the Aurum! Great set for the price, hindered by being power hungry. 2.5mm stock cable didn't help, but now with the SR35 I've been using them more often :)

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #82,653 of 88,516
What sets are you guys still holding onto that are standing the test of time?
Noble K10. @FullCircle 's engineering was ahead of the time, and it says something that a fair number of IEMs continue to imitate that configuration. There's newer stuff with interesting gimmicks, but I still have yet to hear a single album sound bad on them.

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #82,654 of 88,516
Noble K10. @FullCircle 's engineering was ahead of the time, and it says something that a fair number of IEMs continue to imitate that configuration. There's newer stuff with interesting gimmicks, but I still have yet to hear a single album sound bad on them.

Screenshot_20240302_204901_Google.jpg

30+ consecutive 5 star reviews, a record that has never been bested

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 2, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #82,655 of 88,516
An IEM that I sorely miss. One of the few greats.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #82,656 of 88,516
do you put a deposit down first for a demo unit? is there a requirements?
No, I am lucky to live very close to MusicTek’s and I went in to demo it.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #82,657 of 88,516
Please bring it to a future Europe/cooler meet! It sounds right up my street.

Absolutely! Any chance you’ll make the upcoming Amsterdam meet?

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #82,658 of 88,516
What sets are you guys still holding onto that are standing the test of time?
In a parallel dimension I might have held onto U18t from 2017 (?) and enriched it with Orpheus plus N30LE. I really think the combination could blow TOTL IEMs from 2023 out of the water.

drftr

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #82,659 of 88,516
for me too..really quite a special, & capable set for music that isn't dependent on bass for enjoyment. I also found the stock cable best so far. Anything with silver just took the treble over the top. I do have a shielded copper cable coming in for them soon, so will see how that goes.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with the inbound cable. It surprised me how hit and miss I found sessions with it until reverting to stock cable and pairing only with LPGT Ti - I love the extra power available via 3.5mm on this DAP and really fantastic synergy with FW10K. The AEX07 tips in XL have been a fantastic discovery too.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #82,660 of 88,516
There's some softears turi (black ones) on Ebay for £650 is this a good deal? and what's the sound signature like is it low in bass quantity/slam I'm very curious to try out a softears DD

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #82,661 of 88,516
Absolutely! Any chance you’ll make the upcoming Amsterdam meet?

I really wanted to come but our baby is due that week. Do you think you'll be at CJ London?

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #82,662 of 88,516
I really wanted to come but our baby is due that week.
Tsss... Things people do for an excuse these days...

Tomorrow we will vote whether we want a live stream for proof!

We'd be ab-so-lu-te-ly delighted to toast on your newborn so please send us a pic should he or she arrive JIT :xf_cool:

drftr

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #82,663 of 88,516
I really wanted to come but our baby is due that week. Do you think you'll be at CJ London?

A baby arrival certainly takes priority - congratulations!

Not sure yet but hopefully, especially if I can try coincide with a work trip to London!

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #82,664 of 88,516
Mar 2, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #82,665 of 88,516
ehhh, I'm not sure about everyone. Trifecta at around 1k maybe, but at 3k? Hard pass.
You missed my tone entirely. I do not honestly believe it's everyone's closet vice.
And I wouldn't pay a penny for the XE6, as evidenced by the fact that I have not. Does that make us even?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back