The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #82,546 of 88,428
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #82,547 of 88,428
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #82,550 of 88,428
Hi Coolers and Friends,

I am new here.
I just got my PMG Audio APX this Monday. Tried this very expensive IEM for a few days.
I have to say this IEM fits me so well, it’s a huge upgrade for me from my old Tia Fourte Blanc.
Huge sound stage, very high resolution and lots of details, beautiful treble, fair bass and fair mid range (I don’t know it I used the terms right, but I am sure you get what I mean).
I was inspired by Raven to upgrade my IEM. Raven’s sound stage and details killed me instantly when I tried it last time. However it’s too big for me to wear.
Somehow I read a few reviews and tried my luck (well, I also trust my dealer, they are always honest people), and here it is.

The factory cable is not good, seriously. I change it to my Brise Silver Concept 8W, much better. However, sometimes I feel the treble is too bright, I kept searching, Orpheus is one of the potential target, and the other is Rosenkranz KA-RgWb Cross/4. I manage to borrow a KA-RgWb from dealer yesterday, and tried 3 hours today. Upgraded sound stage and mid range. The IEM sounds perfect for me now. I wrote this post really to share this not popular but good cable. I hope more friends can experience it. I will go and try Orpheus tomorrow.
(The cable looks a bit strange).

Attachments

• IMG_8642.jpeg
    IMG_8642.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8585.jpeg
    IMG_8585.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #82,551 of 88,428

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpeg
    IMG_0058.jpeg
    785.4 KB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #82,552 of 88,428
Hi Coolers and Friends,

I am new here.
I just got my PMG Audio APX this Monday. Tried this very expensive IEM for a few days.
I have to say this IEM fits me so well, it’s a huge upgrade for me from my old Tia Fourte Blanc.
Huge sound stage, very high resolution and lots of details, beautiful treble, fair bass and fair mid range (I don’t know it I used the terms right, but I am sure you get what I mean).
I was inspired by Raven to upgrade my IEM. Raven’s sound stage and details killed me instantly when I tried it last time. However it’s too big for me to wear.
Somehow I read a few reviews and tried my luck (well, I also trust my dealer, they are always honest people), and here it is.

The factory cable is not good, seriously. I change it to my Brise Silver Concept 8W, much better. However, sometimes I feel the treble is too bright, I kept searching, Orpheus is one of the potential target, and the other is Rosenkranz KA-RgWb Cross/4. I manage to borrow a KA-RgWb from dealer yesterday, and tried 3 hours today. Upgraded sound stage and mid range. The IEM sounds perfect for me now. I wrote this post really to share this not popular but good cable. I hope more friends can experience it. I will go and try Orpheus tomorrow.
(The cable looks a bit strange).

Your sound description reminds me of the annihilator! Really hope I get to try this soon wish it was more of a common Iem to get my hands on.. hopefully canjam

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #82,553 of 88,428
Surprised that Trifecta made it to the top 3. It's worthy, just surprised given how divisive it is.
It's everyone's closet vice - they like to appear measured in public saying it only does certain genres well, blah blah blah, but in reality they are all rocking out it...
For $2k+ category, let me predict that later down the road, the bird will remain in the top 3, while other 2 may change with newer products.
Long reign Trifecta!
Wallets ready everyone!
thumbnail

thumbnail

SP3000T and Novus priced at $2999 and $4999 respectively :ksc75smile:
Pass. No offense but this feels like lipstick on a pig...
Like you, I was trying to find something like a Ronin but with that slam and full-bodied sound supported by all the benefits of a DD. VE X has it's own flavour and distinct VE house sound, I think it would satisfy those that would want a 'Ronin like' type of tuning but with more bite, vividness, and immersion with a very well tuned DD to control the slam and rumble.
Ronin with Perseus cable through DC Elite has quite a good bit of bite, vividness and immersion. Just sayin...

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #82,554 of 88,428
Your sound description reminds me of the annihilator! Really hope I get to try this soon wish it was more of a common Iem to get my hands on.. hopefully canjam
Yes, exactly, I was going to get annihilator. Then I read the review and comparison from Headfonia, it seems APX slightly fits me more with much higher cost.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #82,556 of 88,428
Ronin with Perseus cable through DC Elite has quite a good bit of bite, vividness and immersion. Just sayin...

Your positive feedback on the Ronin + Eletech Perseus pairing was the reason I had simply to do the same.
I purchased the last still available Eletech Perseus cable in 2-pin / 4.4 mm from Bloom-audio and am absolutely thrilled with the pairing. I have to keep checking, but the cable is actually not a 8-wire cable, or the other way round, I am surprised that such relative thin cable is able to allow Ronin so sing like @fejnomit has reported.
Thank you again, @fejnomit .

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #82,557 of 88,428

I have no doubt it sounds great. Even with Shiro and 475, Ronin sounds outstanding but as always, I evaluate their merits on stock cables etc...

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #82,558 of 88,428
@Deezel177 and @Wyville are probably both more familiar with it than me, since I only recently got mine. So far, yes, the built-in Atom is the same as any other Atom/Apex module. The fit is slightly looser than a normal custom, so you're unlikely to experience ear pressure anyway. Stage is very natural and resolution is excellent - just don't expect $3000+ technicals and you won't be disappointed, but I'd say it's not that far behind and the super comfy fit (and tuning) more than make up for any less-than-TOTL techs (as does the less-than-TOTL price). These are designed first and foremost as accurate stage and mixing monitors for professionals, especially vocalists and bassists, and I can hear why.
Perhaps you meant @twister6 instead of me? I haven't been in touch with Bogdan for ages and only visit HF these days to finalise a few last things (I'm done with the hobby).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back