The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 29, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #82,516 of 88,247
I have and did. Wasnt the best experience for me. I think my ears are just really sensitive. I bought and still have the JH Audio Jolene, which clearly was not long for this world, whether it just didnt sell well or that JH seems to have gone back to pretty much all BA's, who knows. Either way, I ended up having to get a refit, and even after the refit, the comfort on them doesnt really last for too long. My only guesses are that my impressions maybe werent quite perfect enough even though I had to redo them like 3 times before JH audio would actually build the IEM, or, that as I said, my ears are very sensitive, and I think having a hard acrylic shell pushing up against my ear in different places, even one thats fitted to my ear, is bound to cause discomfort for me.

Its part of the reason why I continue to include the final audio e5000 on pretty much every poll here. Small, lightweight, bullet style IEMs are pretty much the only type I can consistently count on to not cause discomfort.
Have you ever tried the IE600/900 or the Spirit Torino? They look like the bullet fit you might like.

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #82,517 of 88,247
Hello Coolers and Friends,

I hope everyone is happy and healthy. :) Canjam NYC is right around the corner and I am sure all the goers are super excited. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Over the years, I have had a great experience in the WaterCooler and made some really great friends. I have finally come to a very calm place in the hobby and I am ready to step back and enjoy the gear I have and dig into more music, especially live music. This place has helped me grow in my own understanding of my preferences and the data available here is a goldmine, as well as the community of like minded folks. I am thankful and happy to have been a part of it. Take care and much love and peace. Farewell for now. Over and out

-Jeremy
I’m having a very similar experience here so far thanks for guiding me earlier in my journey Jeremy Much respect 🫡

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #82,518 of 88,247
Have you ever tried the IE600/900 or the Spirit Torino? They look like the bullet fit you might like.
Yea I owned the ie900. I don't think I was able to get a good proper seal with them as I found them quite bass light, which seemed to be the opposite of almost every impression I had read of them.

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #82,519 of 88,247

I hope everyone is happy and healthy. :) Canjam NYC is right around the corner and I am sure all the goers are super excited. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Over the years, I have had a great experience in the WaterCooler and made some really great friends. I have finally come to a very calm place in the hobby and I am ready to step back and enjoy the gear I have and dig into more music, especially live music. This place has helped me grow in my own understanding of my preferences and the data available here is a goldmine, as well as the community of like minded folks. I am thankful and happy to have been a part of it. Take care and much love and peace. Farewell for now. Over and out

-Jeremy
So you have finally found your end game…enjoy the music and gear

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #82,520 of 88,247

-Jeremy
Come back whenever you got bored :).

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #82,521 of 88,247
Yea I owned the ie900. I don't think I was able to get a good proper seal with them as I found them quite bass light, which seemed to be the opposite of almost every impression I had read of them.
Yes, they are quite the opposite 😅 if you have another chance, try them with different tips.

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #82,522 of 88,247

-Jeremy
Well played Jeremy on reaching the end of the game! for now anyways...

You will be missed, maybe if I get Stateside sometime later this year I'll bump into you at a show!

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #82,523 of 88,247
ConX kit and gear case from Effect Audio arrived today! I've reached my end game :ksc75smile:

Extra blankets to keep em warm and comfy. Everything fits including lo-fi gear which I use to convert non-believers. :smiling_imp:

Alrighty, time to stay away from this forum because I don't want any more temptations haha. I went from Fiio M15 + stock Monarch MkII to these gears in 3 months time. Wallet is angry! Happy ears though!

20240229_164230.jpg
20240229_162814.jpg
20240229_163312.jpg

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #82,524 of 88,247
ConX kit and gear case from Effect Audio arrived today! I've reached my end game :ksc75smile:

Extra blankets to keep em warm and comfy. Everything fits including lo-fi gear which I use to convert non-believers. :smiling_imp:

Alrighty, time to stay away from this forum because I don't want any more temptations haha. I went from Fiio M15 + stock Monarch MkII to these gears in 3 months time. Wallet is angry! Happy ears though!

20240229_164230.jpg20240229_162814.jpg20240229_163312.jpg
endgame worthy indeed! amazing musical choice, this is what i want in my life. congrats

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #82,525 of 88,247
Don’t know how anyone can keep up with all their releases of expensive IEMs.
The way I keep up is to join groups of like minded enthusiasts who shares pictures of the news in a whatapps of wechat groups. In Hong Kong there is an active group of local people who are die hard fans of portable music equipment. There are also numerous facebook groups which you can join to keep you up to date as well as here. The most expensive IEM I know to date is the Obravo platinum custom made at HK$150K RRP. It's casing is made from pure 950 platinum. It sounds very good as well. If you have money to burn, it's one I would get. :)

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #82,526 of 88,247
The way I keep up is to join groups of like minded enthusiasts who shares pictures of the news in a whatapps of wechat groups. In Hong Kong there is an active group of local people who are die hard fans of portable music equipment. There are also numerous facebook groups which you can join to keep you up to date as well as here. The most expensive IEM I know to date is the Obravo platinum custom made at HK$150K RRP. It's casing is made from pure 950 platinum. It sounds very good as well. If you have money to burn, it's one I would get. :)
Well they’re much more affordable then the 18k gold Focal Utopia’s released back a bit ago, think they were over $100,000 usd. The IEMs might have been the price of the gold stand add on. 🤣

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #82,527 of 88,247
insane pricing...back to earth - any impressions of their Clio ?

Feb 29, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #82,528 of 88,247
sweet i always forgot about these lol, cheap enough to just order without thinking.

How do the Omni compare to the W1? I liked those a lot.

I like the Penon green tips, they don't work for everything tho, sometimes they have seal issues. I was planning on getting the liqeuer ones along with some cables but honestly, Penon has me feeling burnt out. Their website absolutely sucks, not really feeling good about throwing money at them.

ya I def need to order some more Velvets in the largest size. would like them on more sets.

I have those JVC onces and cant find a set i like them with :/

Yea, the TRI Clarions should be good if you want to boost the treble on the SZA.

The Omni is pretty similar to the W1 in sound and stickiness. They're just a shorter/stubbier version. I like the fit and sound of all my Spinfits, but their silicone material makes my ear canals itchy after a while so I've stopped using them.

I'm becoming the opposite. I'm realizing the various Spinfits work for me almost all the time(except cp240) when I use them on an IEM I'm struggling to fit, and are always comfy and seal well. I'm so over tip rolling at this point, I'm now using Spinfits on 8 of the 12 IEMs in my rotation just because I can't be arsed to do it any more. Tip rolling bone conduction IEMs has broken me lol.

Feb 29, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #82,529 of 88,247
I'm becoming the opposite. I'm realizing the various Spinfits work for me almost all the time(except cp240) when I use them on an IEM I'm struggling to fit, and are always comfy and seal well. I'm so over tip rolling at this point, I'm now using Spinfits on 8 of the 12 IEMs in my rotation just because I can't be arsed to do it any more. Tip rolling bone conduction IEMs has broken me lol.
Honestly this is me with Baroque’s and Divinus Velvet lol, everything works with one of those 2.

Feb 29, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #82,530 of 88,247
RoonShareImage-638448871894765148.png

Excellent vibes with IE900. Just one of those days where nothing seemed to engage except the Sennheisers. Started with Odyssey then Mentor then Indigos then Blancs then Traillii. First world problems and just spoilt for choice but glad I have options! Yussef Dayes and so gifted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back