The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 27, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #82,321 of 88,255
Why do you think Custom is needed for CP622B to be on the list?

Well, I don’t think “custom” is needed to make it in the list, the universal version is fantastic enough on itself, but I find the custom version to be a noticeable step up on all metrics and the tuning becomes a bit warmer, especially in the mids and bass, making it a bit more soulful and fun to my taste. When I first demoed CP622B universal next to CP54E, I found 622B to be the superior set technically but just wished 622 had the same bass response than 54E. The 622B custom basically provides that and more. :)

Cheers :wink:

Julien

Feb 27, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #82,322 of 88,255
Well, I don’t think “custom” is needed to make it in the list, the universal version is fantastic enough on itself, but I find the custom version to be a noticeable step up on all metrics and the tuning becomes a bit warmer, especially in the mids and bass, making it a bit more soulful and fun to my taste. When I first demoed CP622B universal next to CP54E, I found 622B to be the superior set technically but just wished 622 had the same bass response than 54E. The 622B custom basically provides that and more. :)

Cheers :wink:

Julien
Thanks, good to know this.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #82,323 of 88,255
How do the Spartacus and glacier compare? Trying to decide between them
Hi, 👋

It’s a bit difficult to give a precise comparison, since it’s been a while I tried them and I didn’t try them side by side, so take this with a grain of salt but from memory I’d say:

Glacier : best built but a bit heavy, Harmanish tuning with crazy detail retrieval (one of the best at any price point) but can be a bit intense in the upper mids / treble range. Also the trebles can have a slight metallic timber but nothing serious. I’d also give the edge to Glacier for the bass quality, it’s quite excellent.

Spartacus: most ergonomic shells I’ve ever tried (for my ears obviously…), a bit more laid back tuning in comparison to Glacier. I would give the edge to Spartacus in terms of overall tuning, it feels a bit more natural.

I think you can’t really go wrong with any, they’re both amazing and some of the best offerings for the price IMHO.

Sorry if I can’t get more specific, but I hope it can still be helpful. :)

Cheers, 🍻

Julien

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #82,324 of 88,255
My Annihilator 2023 arrived today! After I retrieved the IEM and cable out of the box, I tried to lift the inner box thinking there should be more but since I couldnt I decided maybe there isnt anything else. Checked online and saw there's more stuff inside. I shook the box but it still won't open when eventually the side panel flopped sideways and opening the hidden compartment with more goods inside like case, warranty card, cloth, etc. I think the included eartips is Spinfit W1 but not entirely sure.

A bit of disappointment with the included Liquid Links Martini cable since it doesnt full insert into my dx320 max. Sound seems fine but it would sometimes pop out slightly and mess.up the sound. Im waiting for conx pentaconn ear connector so I can use it with my Cleo II Octa cables.

For the most of last week I had been using the loaner Anni. I didn't get to try my Eletech Baroque eartips until during the meetup when I would be returning the Anni but during the short session with Cleo, Anni, and baroque I knew that was the ideal pairings for my scenario. Yesterday and today I'm back to using my Monarch MkII but was trying it with the baroque tips. I've been very happy with it overall so I've been wondering if the Anni is a worth it purchase when I'm already very content with Mona. My dx320 max is also a big purchase, but I have no hesitation about it. Anni is unique sounding and very fun for sure, but I'm having some guilt with the purchase. Anyone here bought some audio gear they really want and then feel they went overboard with the purchase, eventually selling or returning it?

I'll spend the next several weeks alternating between the two, one week each, before deciding who to marry. Perhaps both of Anni and Mona. Both Maxi and Cleo is for sure a keeper though! Then I can finally conclude my gear hunt and hibernate for the next several years like I did when I completed my headphones setup (which I now sold and just the RME DAC remaining; fully switched to IEM now).
20240227_164045.jpg

20240227_151335.jpg

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #82,325 of 88,255
My Annihilator 2023 arrived today! After I retrieved the IEM and cable out of the box, I tried to lift the inner box thinking there should be more but since I couldnt I decided maybe there isnt anything else. Checked online and saw there's more stuff inside. I shook the box but it still won't open when eventually the side panel flopped sideways and opening the hidden compartment with more goods inside like case, warranty card, cloth, etc. I think the included eartips is Spinfit W1 but not entirely sure.

A bit of disappointment with the included Liquid Links Martini cable since it doesnt full insert into my dx320 max. Sound seems fine but it would sometimes pop out slightly and mess.up the sound. Im waiting for conx pentaconn ear connector so I can use it with my Cleo II Octa cables.

For the most of last week I had been using the loaner Anni. I didn't get to try my Eletech Baroque eartips until during the meetup when I would be returning the Anni but during the short session with Cleo, Anni, and baroque I knew that was the ideal pairings for my scenario. Yesterday and today I'm back to using my Monarch MkII but was trying it with the baroque tips. I've been very happy with it overall so I've been wondering if the Anni is a worth it purchase when I'm already very content with Mona. My dx320 max is also a big purchase, but I have no hesitation about it. Anni is unique sounding and very fun for sure, but I'm having some guilt with the purchase. Anyone here bought some audio gear they really want and then feel they went overboard with the purchase, eventually selling or returning it?

I'll spend the next several weeks alternating between the two, one week each, before deciding who to marry. Perhaps both of Anni and Mona. Both Maxi and Cleo is for sure a keeper though! Then I can finally conclude my gear hunt and hibernate for the next several years like I did when I completed my headphones setup (which I now sold and just the RME DAC remaining; fully switched to IEM now).
20240227_164045.jpg
20240227_151335.jpg
Congratulations on the new toy.

Sounds like buyer’s remorse there.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #82,326 of 88,255

Owning Anni 2023 for about 2 weeks, absolutely in love with the thing. It was one of the more convenient purchases for me in the recent years, especially with so many much more expensive items, which imho Anni 23 blows out of the water, both with its technicalities and the tuning. Not to speak of the design and build quality.

Enjoy your purchase man, your DX320 deserves a high end IEM to be paired with.

And yep, the cable connector is weird, have problems with my Holo Bliss and it too, very difficult to get the right fit. Agree on the packaging, it is wild, took me a while too to figure out how to open the accessories part haha

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #82,327 of 88,255
Since my ASP Tur08 is delayed (up to another month), I ordered the Ibasso PB5 today to fill the gap.

PB5-510en.jpg

Excited to hear this especially with 622B and Desolation Sound which I suspect will pair nicely.
Definitely my favorite portable amp by far.

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #82,329 of 88,255
I am once again looking at IEM tips to add to the collection next...

Azla Vivid / Crystal / XELASTEC ?

Final Audio Type E clear/red ?

Tangzu Sancai wide bore ?

My top 3 are Divinus Velvet, Eletech Baroque and Final type E (Black). The longer I have spent with CORIER Brass, the more I dislike it, makes things very echoy. Curious to hear opinions, if so inclined :) Will mostly be in use on Szalayi so if you have that extra points.
You can try Nostalgia Audio XWB eartips. I use it on all of my IEMs now 😁
How's your Traillii Ti coming along? Hope all's going well for you.
@RonaldS86
A man is happy that you remember me 🙏🏻
All good, but quite busy with real life stuff so I can rarely check this thread 😮‍💨
Finally finished catching up 600+ new post 🤪
As for my Trailli Ti, I'll lend it to my friend @AxLvR together with my Creator so he can review it and maybe share it here 🤭
I hope you're doing good too @Valrhona 😁

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #82,330 of 88,255
Is the Revelstoke named after the park?

I believe it was named after the city in British Columbia Canada. Jim also named Serratus after the mountain here:

20200518_img_1383.jpg

Something is wrong with your Black Dragon price. It's 1.100$.

Double checked and the price I was quoted was apparently a set that had a custom cable. Edited my post with a price range 👍

What is the opinion on Sound tiger amps. I have seen some hype for them, and they really interest me

I've been a Sound Tiger Sinfonia owner for 4 months. Thought I would share some thoughts.

The buyers journey was pleasant for the most part. While @ranfan was my first point of contact, Mr Oishi san was able to communicate with me with English effectively during the process.

IMG_0055.jpg

Power source: This amp is a AA battery operated device. The manufacturer recommends Fujitsu whites which I found to be a good pairing for it. For a more U shaped dynamic sound I would add the Timaya Neochamps. Whites will give you around 10 hours of battery life and 6 with the Neochamps. After the battery depletes, you have to unscrew a plate, take the internal tray out to replace the battery. Works differently compared to Mass Kobo 475 that stays locked in with a detachable slider.

IMG_2228.png

Usability: Sinfonia does not have a volume knob. It has a power switch that activates the device. During use, I would attenuate via the daps volume control. Since it has a thin form factor, I found it to work well for outside use.

IMG_2214-1.jpg

Sound: I found Sinfonia to have a fairly neutral and linear sound profile akin to Chords house sound with a slight ethereal tilt. Bass quantity remains while extending upper mids (air) and sparkle. Mass Kobo 475 on the other hand adds bass quantity while being more U shaped.

Comparing the two, staging is wider and taller with 475 pushing beyond summit fi dap capabilities while Sinfonia brings a mid fi dap like R6P2 closer to a dap with a TOTL amp section. I found Sinfonia to be a good pairing with RS8 breathing life to its top end while keeping its tonal character intact.

Overall, if you can get around the battery use case I would recommend it as a buy.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #82,331 of 88,255
I’ve got 99 problems, but you ain’t one. :p

It was a very hard decision to part ways with the Almighty N30LE, but the decision has to be made to open space to the legendary. The greatest calculator of all time. (That happens to play music beautifully)

All Hail the new king L&P P6 Pro Ti99.

IMG_0560.jpeg
IMG_0563.jpeg

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #82,332 of 88,255
PB5 and Hugo2 owners, what change do you hear adding the PB5?

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #82,333 of 88,255
I’ve got 99 problems, but you ain’t one. :p

It was a very hard decision to part ways with the Almighty N30LE, but the decision has to be made to open space to the legendary. The greatest calculator of all time. (That happens to play music beautifully)

All Hail the new king L&P P6 Pro Ti99.

IMG_0560.jpegIMG_0563.jpeg
Have you tried them with headphones yet?

Feb 28, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #82,334 of 88,255
If it is anything like the LP6 Ti + Brise Tsurunagi + Focal Utopia 2022 I just got then it must be GLORIOUS! Bass for days. Besting even the mighty DMPZ-1 to my amazement. It has me saying I can‘t believe it‘s not desktop! Will be having a lot of fun with this combo in the coming days…IMG_0112.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #82,335 of 88,255
Have you tried them with headphones yet?
Not yet mate, but will definitely test it with Diana. I wanted something powerful enough to have some joy with Diana around the house.
If it is anything like the LP6 Ti + Brise Tsurunagi + Focal Utopia 2022 I just got then it must be GLORIOUS! Bass for days. Besting even the mighty DMPZ-1 to my amazement. It has me saying I can‘t believe it‘s not desktop! Will be having a lot of fun with this combo in the coming days…IMG_0112.jpeg
Funny thing is I missed the opportunity to try LP6 a couple times and still can’t get over it. I have to try it someday. I love L&P sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back