The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 29, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #75,841 of 88,536
This took me so long and I hope some of you appreciate it and possibly find it helpful. Since the sets are in mid-fi price category, I originally posted it in the discovery thread.

AüR Aurora vs AüR Aure vs AüR Neon Pro vs Sennheiser IE600 vs Night Oblivion Butastur below:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17891273

Thanks!
Oh, one more thing for the ones that cannot be bothered to read the whole thing (I understand completely), below the song examples are a few simple to read 'graphs' and a TL;DR notice. 😀

Dec 29, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #75,842 of 88,536
Catching up on new eartips. I ordered Spinfit Omni, Divinus Velvet, Eletech Baroque, Acoustune AEX07, and the new Symbio W. What did I miss?

Dec 29, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #75,845 of 88,536
On Dita's page for the Project M they state:

"The main engine behind the Project M’s sound, the PM1+ is responsible for the texture and characteristics behind the M’s signature. With the driver itself boasting a full-range sound with clarity, speed and a punchy bass.

The PM1+ Driver performs best with additional technology, leading us to augment the Project M’s soundstage with a single Knowles Dynamic Driver."

What exactly does this mean? That the DD is handling the whole frequency range and the BA is just "helping out" with some technicalities for part of the range? If the Project M manages to maintain single DD timbral goodness across the whole range without the BA negatively affecting the timbre at all then I'll definitely be considering it along with the Cascara and Isabellae

Dec 29, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #75,847 of 88,536
Dec 29, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #75,848 of 88,536

"The main engine behind the Project M’s sound, the PM1+ is responsible for the texture and characteristics behind the M’s signature. With the driver itself boasting a full-range sound with clarity, speed and a punchy bass.

The PM1+ Driver performs best with additional technology, leading us to augment the Project M’s soundstage with a single Knowles Dynamic Driver."

What exactly does this mean? That the DD is handling the whole frequency range and the BA is just "helping out" with some technicalities for part of the range? If the Project M manages to maintain single DD timbral goodness across the whole range without the BA negatively affecting the timbre at all then I'll definitely be considering it along with the Cascara and Isabellae
I think you're right. Taken from a Chinese review:

Dita.png

drftr

Attachments

• Dita.png
    Dita.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #75,849 of 88,536
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #75,850 of 88,536
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #75,851 of 88,536
Asian Fit??? Meaning that I'd need an XXXXL? How do they compare with other tips size-wise? Not sure why they mention this on their website. They only seem to have Asian Fit and Small.

drftr
They will both be too small for my ears. But thanks @AxLvR for the recommendation. Speaking of metal in eartips maybe I should try the Coreir?

1703876799059.png

Dec 29, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #75,852 of 88,536
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #75,853 of 88,536

The AüR Audio Aure (discontinued) did something similar being 1DD + 6BA, working full range on the dynamic driver. The whole sound spectrum is more DD like then, with the BAs to help.

This make me quite excited for Project M, probably have a newer and faster type of driver reading the description.

1701637258284.png

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #75,854 of 88,536
Question: What's the first IEM you expect to buy in 2024?
Does the Raven count? Due to "reeaasons" there is no way I will get it in 2023 lol

Dec 29, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #75,855 of 88,536
I think the M6U is a fantastic little DAP and really not far off N7 - wouldn’t have the same resolution and smaller stage but I mostly found I didn’t notice that much and reached for M6U a lot more lately due to compact size - plus more power too at 720mW. N7 is of course a ‘better’ DAP and great deals to be had… think I’ve seen M6U as low as $500 or so which is an absolute bargain.
If you will see one in similar price range you can let me know. I would jump on it. Never had a shanling before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back