The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 30, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #72,016 of 90,221
I was doing some cleaning around the house yesterday and was wondering what this weird little cardboard box next to my big Elysium box was, then I saw the Traillii JP sticker and just broke out laughing to myself 😂. Ended up throwing it out believe it or not. There goes my potential resale value!
Oh yeah I know about that, because my Trailli Red Wine version also come in a cardboard box but at least it has the leather Van Nuys case 😉
I don't know about Trailli's box is supposed to be throwable or not, but I know for sure the Fei Wan box is not 😂
I have always a packaging lover guy when it comes to a luxury items.
It's collectable, not throwable :p
Perhaps Oriolus thinks that the truth is that we have all missed the point of this cardboard box since it is not what it seems to be…

Unknown.jpeg

Nov 30, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #72,017 of 90,221
Oooh thanks for posting that. I have been looking for a cheaper android based DAP that was more modern (with a recent android version) to use as a portable solution and potentially as a source for my mojo2 as my chromebook is not the greatest as a source. Off to do a bit of research on it.

Edit: Just read through the m300 thread here. Doesnt look like this bypasses the android sample rate conversion. So thats a bummer. It would still be a nice cheap portable android dap, but as a transport/source for the mojo, especially for streaming, doesnt seem like it provides any benefits over just using my phone.

Also, advertising this as a "gen z player" is a major turn off
There’s this and the Sony NWA306. I chose this as it cost almost 2x less on Black Friday and has a newer version of Android.

Nov 30, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #72,018 of 90,221
Nov 30, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #72,019 of 90,221
It took me a few years to realize, that all i ever wanted in an IEM was there with me all the time. After countless TOTL IEMs and selling all of them i came to the conclusion that "a cheapie" is all i crave for in terms of sound. Its my trusty Dunu Falcon Pro that does everything i want in an IEM. There is some "special sauce" that this IEM does produce for me personally when i listen to it, that no other IEM can replicate. There is just something about the way it portaits music inside my head that is magical. There are IEMs with certainly wider images and stages, but none of them feel "right" the way the Falcon Pro does. It is certainly mid-bass emphasized, but i like it that way. Is it the most resolving IEM in the world? Far from it. For the type of music i listen to most of the time (Fusion Jazz, Electronica/Ambient, Film Scores) its just the perfect match for me.

Nov 30, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #72,020 of 90,221
It took me a few years to realize, that all i ever wanted in an IEM was there with me all the time. After countless TOTL IEMs and selling all of them i came to the conclusion that "a cheapie" is all i crave for in terms of sound. Its my trusty Dunu Falcon Pro that does everything i want in an IEM. There is some "special sauce" that this IEM does produce for me personally when i listen to it, that no other IEM can replicate. There is just something about the way it portaits music inside my head that is magical. There are IEMs with certainly wider images and stages, but none of them feel "right" the way the Falcon Pro does. It is certainly mid-bass emphasized, but i like it that way. Is it the most resolving IEM in the world? Far from it. For the type of music i listen to most of the time (Fusion Jazz, Electronica/Ambient, Film Scores) its just the perfect match for me.
True wisdom.

Nov 30, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #72,022 of 90,221
Oh, before I forget, you might also want some of these if you intend to cable roll them: FiR Audio RCX 2-Pin Adaptor
Thank you for this as I was curious if they made these BUT I just recieved an email from Vlad asking if I want a 2-pin connector instead!! This is exceptional service and I opted for it :)

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #72,024 of 90,221
Obviously you have never seen the packaging of the Trailllii (+6500 USD). Spoiler: cardboard box .
Did the Traillii get any worse for it? Obviously not. I understand that few people realized that this was a deliberate move on the part of the manufacturer. Meanwhile, I really love the Traillii box. Firstly, it does not attract the attention of customs. Secondly, it does not take up more space than it really needs.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #72,025 of 90,221
Thank you for this as I was curious if they made these BUT I just recieved an email from Vlad asking if I want a 2-pin connector instead!! This is exceptional service and I opted for it :)

Yup, Vlad and Bogdan are always trying to see past what we ask for, to address what we might truly want. We're not so much treated as customers, as we are cared for as family. I know that some people prefer things to be very transactional - nothing wrong with that - but personally I appreciate the attention. :slight_smile::thumbsup:

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #72,026 of 90,221
New arrival to test with the UM Amber Pearl.... let's see if those tips and this DHC Mini-Chimera cable can improve the sound of my Cayin combo N30 AP...

Baroque Tips & DHC.jpg
Could you say a few words about the ergonomics of the cable compared to, say, the Traillii stock or some PW cable? I can see that the cable is quite thick, but still I use DHC Symbiote Elite 19. Slightly thicker than PW 1960, but acceptable even for portable use.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #72,027 of 90,221
Did the Traillii get any worse for it? Obviously not. I understand that few people realized that this was a deliberate move on the part of the manufacturer. Meanwhile, I really love the Traillii box. Firstly, it does not attract the attention of customs. Secondly, it does not take up more space than it really needs.
and more importantly it does not attract much attention from the missus.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #72,028 of 90,221
Perhaps Oriolus thinks that the truth is that we have all missed the point of this cardboard box since it is not what it seems to be…

Unknown.jpeg
As far as I know, Oriolus believes that you buy IEMs not because of how fancy their package is or the way the accessories are laid out in the box, but because of the sound.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #72,029 of 90,221
I think the unboxing experience should never be neglected, especially with margins that huge. I find it hilarious that, at the time, people tried so hard to paint the Trailli’s packaging as “their philosophy” or how IEM boxes should be, only for Oriolus to come out with actual, decent boxes for the Isabellae and Szalayi, which cost about a quarter of the Trailli. As I’ve said in the past, I think giving brands passes for things like this are how you get worse product experiences in the future. But, as usual, YMMV.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #72,030 of 90,221
and more importantly it does not attract much attention from the missus.
If your missus is just like mine then everything's good, because she's oblivious of my new stuff 😂
Next time I'll try to bring those big amps from my office to home and I want to know does she notice there's something new in my house? 😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back