The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 1, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #69,256 of 88,548
Presently own/use Cayin N7, N30LE, and Shanling M6 21, M6Ultra, M8 and M9, Basso DX 240 and 2 Hiby RS3 Sabre

What are your three favorites from those?

Nov 1, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #69,257 of 88,548
It is new and there is barely any information out there about it. Another single DD entry in the field.
Edit: @NewEve posted a youtube review earlier this week. It's in Korean so you'll have use closed captions.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #69,258 of 88,548
Has anyone heard (or purchased) the FAudio Spring? According to the @MusicTeck website, they are sold out already.

It’s a new iem I’m pretty sure and “sold out” just indicates he hasn’t received stock or waiting for the release date to open up orders.

It is new and there is barely any information out there about it. Another single DD entry in the field.

Edit: @NewEve posted a youtube review earlier this week. It's in Korean so you'll have use closed captions.

All correct, as mentioned here.

In a nutshell, @MusicTeck should get them soon.

Since I posted the above, I couldn't find any graphs, just very short "impressions/reviews" from owners, I believe mainly in Asia, as well as the video I linked but sound descriptions can be difficult enough in plain English so, translated via AI given the intricacies of Korean vs. English… — I'll wait.

Now if someone here is fluent in Korean, I'll happily take their input into account 😃

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #69,259 of 88,548
Now I have a question, what do you guys think of such sentimental retro 80s pure-bliss dream-pop synthwave track?

Do you like this?

As I like Synthwave, I like it. It also helps that I am a child of the Eighties, so that sound in general does this to me:

1bc3.gif

Nov 1, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #69,261 of 88,548
It’s a new iem I’m pretty sure and “sold out” just indicates he hasn’t received stock or waiting for the release date to open up orders.
The one that use French silver while there's no more silver mines in France?
Also there was a brand that used meteorite! can't remember the name.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #69,262 of 88,548
Hi Watercoolers, looking for advice again!

Looking at some warmer IEM's to compliment U4s and Crimson (love my mid-bass thickness) and am currently deciding between RN6 and VE EXT (I have decided XE6 is a bit TOO much lower mids, so it's not on list anymore) and I have actually gotten an opportunity to demo the latter and was super impressed. Wasn't really on radar, originally went to check out Phoenix but I found EXT to be far more enjoyable and it fit shockingly well for my ears. However, I was originally pretty set on RN6 before trying the VE lineup and I'm on the fence now as I don't have the opportunity to demo it, but I have heard some great things about it, both here and some reviewers I tend to trust for tonal preferences.

I know autoEQ is a pretty poor for comparisons but it's the closest I have; using both IEM's I have to test out profiles for both and RN6 tone is equally as good. I'd say the EXT is pretty close to what I experienced in reality but I can't for sure how accurate the RN6 would be given how it produces bass with its Kinetic Bass system.

Techs obviously can't be compared at all with this method but, I'm curious how those of you who have used them both would compare their intangibles; I didn't get a lot of time to demo the EXT so my memory of it's techs are kinda a blur, I just know it sounded great tonally and seems to have really good resolution. Could you argue the extra 1k is worth the RN6 over EXT in the techs category? I've heard some pretty great things about RN6 bass in particular; not that EXT wasn't really good, it was very snappy and dynamic.

For note, my reference for music genre is mostly theatrical instrumental but it's pretty variable, assuming this helps at all!

Thanks a lot!

(@Rockwell75 adding you here in particular cause your list got me intrigue at VE stuff and you were very right, EXT is really good!)

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #69,263 of 88,548
Also there was a brand that used meteorite! can't remember the name.
Cmon EXT's Boys don't be greedy!!!! :D :D :D

D9EmeunUIAE22jU.jpg

Beat Audio 10th Anniversary Limited" super flagship "Astrolab" 💥 Create a sky-high limited edition 😱 The structure and sound are really unique 🤭 But ask yourself "I can't afford lor" 🤦🏻‍♂ The most regrettable thing is to try it There is no chance for 8 Wire 😖😖 Only because of the global limited release of 1⃣0⃣ pieces 😱😱😱

No. 1 , No.2 , No.5 have already customized the left 8Wire faster than people 😱
Of course not in Hong Kong 😎 I believe Astrolab will disappear soon La😏

Updates one after another...No.3 , No.8 , No.9 have been pre-ordered✌️Updated
at night...The 10th anniversary has been sold out‼ ️‼ ️‼ ️Thank you
very much for your support ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️

"Beat Audio's Introduction to Astrolab" Just

like each of us has our own unique astrolabe, the soul is never the same, and the world of music also has similarities and differences and integration of different categories, how to improve Good perception of the fusion between different elements, deep feelings, this is the purpose of the astrolabe.

This is a tuning design with a "compressed sense of hearing". The analytical ability of the astrolabe can easily cope with almost any high-information playback system. It is unprecedented to use flat silver, flat copper, gold, silver, and other elements in accordance with the pre-designed design. It is the most complex and highly musical structure in history.

Unusual tuning style design, which will add a lot of "open sound, guttural sound", and the changes brought about are compensated for by the different conductors of its multi-layer structure, and it is not abrupt. The feeling of multiple sound fields being amplified, but we do not discuss the depth ratio for this feeling, but the wide sound field of the music "bigger", and it is as real as the "illumination" of its own blind spot.

It also has the "dangerous frequency" technology carried by ADV, which makes the contour of the sound more obvious, the background is dark and deep, extremely clean, the low frequency is plump and solid, as if it has a very hard foundation support, and the upper part has the elasticity that shrinks faster, the drum sound. The woodiness of the guitar, the warmth of the guitar, the midi sampling, etc. are all accurately displayed.

Each frequency band has a strong personality. As long as it is added to the system, the quality will be greatly improved. With the increase of use time, the analytical power will continue to accumulate, and it has a flexible "offset auscultation" design.

Astrolab requires strict selection of materials, and complex production takes a lot of time. This special design and the one-time "compressed hearing" tuning design is only limited to 10 pieces for the 10th anniversary of BA.

When the places are booked out, all the remaining materials will also be destroyed, which will be the only 10 sets of Astrolab left.

"Reprinted Beat Audio Webpage Details"

http://www.beataudiolab.com/products/astrolabe-beat-audio-limited-premium-upgrade-cable?taxon_id=22

Astrolab 4 Wire Price HK$36,800
Astrolab 8Wire Price HK$54,800

Ah, you’re talking about that $7000 Beat Audio Astrolabe. It’s in that quoted post.

The Beat Audio Orbit Saga is $7200 for an 8 wire cable. That’s a little rich for my liking.

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #69,264 of 88,548

Looking at some warmer IEM's to compliment U4s and Crimson (love my mid-bass thickness) and am currently deciding between RN6 and VE EXT (I have decided XE6 is a bit TOO much lower mids, so it's not on list anymore) and I have actually gotten an opportunity to demo the latter and was super impressed. Wasn't really on radar, originally went to check out Phoenix but I found EXT to be far more enjoyable and it fit shockingly well for my ears. However, I was originally pretty set on RN6 before trying the VE lineup and I'm on the fence now as I don't have the opportunity to demo it, but I have heard some great things about it, both here and some reviewers I tend to trust for tonal preferences.

I know autoEQ is a pretty poor for comparisons but it's the closest I have; using both IEM's I have to test out profiles for both and RN6 tone is equally as good. I'd say the EXT is pretty close to what I experienced in reality but I can't for sure how accurate the RN6 would be given how it produces bass with its Kinetic Bass system.

Techs obviously can't be compared at all with this method but, I'm curious how those of you who have used them both would compare their intangibles; I didn't get a lot of time to demo the EXT so my memory of it's techs are kinda a blur, I just know it sounded great tonally and seems to have really good resolution. Could you argue the extra 1k is worth the RN6 over EXT in the techs category? I've heard some pretty great things about RN6 bass in particular; not that EXT wasn't really good, it was very snappy and dynamic.

For note, my reference for music genre is mostly theatrical instrumental but it's pretty variable, assuming this helps at all!

Thanks a lot!

(@Rockwell75 adding you here in particular cause your list got me intrigue at VE stuff and you were very right, EXT is really good!)

I just busted out RN6, XE6 and EXT to a/b/c test them. If you want a warm sound with a more traditional sloping bass curve with outstanding DD timbre through the mids, then EXT is your choice. The 2 issues with EXT are a) it needs a lot of power to sound right, so your dongles may not be sufficient to power them to their full potential and b) the fit is difficult for many people. I am driving them with RS8 in turbo mode. Otherwise the mids sound a bit muddy.

XE6 is the more naturally warm sounding IEM of the FIR Audio selections. RN6 is much more balanced. In fact, I don't even consider RN6 as warm. I consider it more balanced. I prefer XE6 to RN6 because I think that XE6 makes best use of kinetic bass even though you need to either go through brain burn in or fine tune it until you get it right to your taste. For me, I use the silver modules for XE6 with RS8 and Iliad cable. I use Gold module with RN6 and stock cable. And, I have customs which cleans up the sound a lot. XE6 and RN6 have the superior treble if that matters to you.

Lastly, I really like U4s and Crimson. If I owned those 2 IEMs and I wanted a third, I would pick EXT as it would give me the most complementary sound to the others for my taste.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #69,265 of 88,548

Thanks a lot!

I just busted out RN6, XE6 and EXT to a/b/c test them. If you want a warm sound with a more traditional sloping bass curve with outstanding DD timbre through the mids, then EXT is your choice. The 2 issues with EXT are a) it needs a lot of power to sound right, so your dongles may not be sufficient to power them to their full potential and b) the fit is difficult for many people. I am driving them with RS8 in turbo mode. Otherwise the mids sound a bit muddy.

XE6 is the more naturally warm sounding IEM of the FIR Audio selections. RN6 is much more balanced. In fact, I don't even consider RN6 as warm. I consider it more balanced. I prefer XE6 to RN6 because I think that XE6 makes best use of kinetic bass even though you need to either go through brain burn in or fine tune it until you get it right to your taste. For me, I use the silver modules for XE6 with RS8 and Iliad cable. I use Gold module with RN6 and stock cable. And, I have customs which cleans up the sound a lot. XE6 and RN6 have the superior treble if that matters to you.

Lastly, I really like U4s and Crimson. If I owned those 2 IEMs and I wanted a third, I would pick EXT as it would give me the most complementary sound to the others for my taste.

Piggybacking on @HiFiHawaii808 EXT recommendation.

Owning both XE6, RN6 and previously EXT, I'd also suggest EXT and paired with ET's Raphael for cleaning up its mids. Raph lifts EXT's mids by shifting it more forward providing more clarity and detail retrieval. Treble sounded more natural, less peaky. Mids and vocals sounded more balanced with EXT's impactful bass. Overall much more holographic and layered.

1698888271337.png

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #69,266 of 88,548
Now I have a question, what do you guys think of such sentimental retro 80s pure-bliss dream-pop synthwave track?

Do you like this?

Yes, it takes me right back to the 80's, reminds me of an TV show opening song. The cover art reminds me Miami Vice...:ksc75smile:

I just finished listening to Kyle Eastwood's new album, Eastwood Symphonic. It's a collection of movie themes, and the all the movies are ones his dad, Clint Eastwood starred in.
1698890447225.png

I discovered Kyle Eastwood back in 2009, with his album Metropolitain. He's quite the accomplished jazz musician.

1698890518760.png

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #69,267 of 88,548
Yes, it takes me right back to the 80's, reminds me of an TV show opening song. The cover art reminds me Miami Vice...:ksc75smile:

I just finished listening to Kyle Eastwood's new album, Eastwood Symphonic. It's a collection of movie themes, and the all the movies are ones his dad, Clint Eastwood starred in.
1698890447225.png

Ooh, that's some good theming! :smiley: Thanks for the rec! :pray:

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #69,268 of 88,548
Back on the stock cable with Rn6 while I wait for the Gladiator cables.

A slight reminder I've been neglecting them over the last 2 months.

My most expensive blind buy ends up being the one I keep 🤣

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #69,269 of 88,548
Anyone else in on the Timsok TS-316 pre-order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back