The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 24, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #68,086 of 90,543
IMG_7979.jpeg

IMG_7981.jpeg

IMG_8285.jpeg

IMG_8284.jpeg

So, with less time than anytime, i managed to roll sources with the Anni, precious sound with SP3000, SR35 and P6pro, then it cames the Hugo2/C9 combo, with high gain, Transistor and type A amplifier…
And holy crap how it sings this IEM, the amplification gives more body to the sound, better soundstage, more defined bass rumble, better separation and keep the beautiful highs, on the other hand, it became a solid all rounder that moves fluidly between genres without problems.
Definitely the Annihilator 2023 takes big sound benefits if you plug it with a more power source.

Crossed post with the Annihilator thread, thanks Watercoolers for the recommendation of this great IEM 👍👍👍

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #68,087 of 90,543
Do you guys usually prefer a wired connection or TWS for your daily driver? I mean when commuting on train or bus. I have Bose QC2 and Sony XM4 as my daily driver, but recently I always grab my QC2 because I feel it has a fuller sound vs the XM4. Maybe because I don't have a good seal with the stock eartips I dunno 🤷🏼‍♂️
Want to grab XM5 because some people said it's better sounding than XM4 but I'll have to demoed it first and I'm still not sure the battery leakage problem won't happen again on XM5 🤭
XM5 is the only IEM that leaves the house. It's a worthy upgrade over XM4 for me. Happy for it to be my only travel and walking IEM until XM6 in 2025. Rinse, repeat.
True. I’d want packaging to be as nice as possible, but if it means Indonesian customs agents prying it open, Googling the product’s actual MSRP and charging me 40% of it on duty taxes, then give me the cardboard box any day. :D
Don't Indo customs allow for not-for-resale review samples? There's a difference between retail value and commercial value, at least here.
Oh, ja ja sorry, cable is coordinated for both packages and I meant going with premium since it includes a color coordinated 4.4 term.

Ah thanks for pic, hrrrmmm definitely has that chewed bubblegum color stuck on the sidewalk, bottom of kicks, under the desk" sidewalk look 🤣🤣🤣

Now to go ET MMCX cables shopping
If the purple was actually purple I'd have gone for purple :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #68,088 of 90,543
1. AuR Audio Neon Pro
2. 64audio U4s
3. Unique Melody Mest 2
Given the poll rankings, Aur Audio fared pretty well and we are having dialog about their IEMs. You should be thrilled now. Are you?

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #68,091 of 90,543
IMG_7979.jpeg
IMG_7981.jpeg
IMG_8285.jpeg
IMG_8284.jpeg
So, with less time than anytime, i managed to roll sources with the Anni, precious sound with SP3000, SR35 and P6pro, then it cames the Hugo2/C9 combo, with high gain, Transistor and type A amplifier…
And holy crap how it sings this IEM, the amplification gives more body to the sound, better soundstage, more defined bass rumble, better separation and keep the beautiful highs, on the other hand, it became a solid all rounder that moves fluidly between genres without problems.
Definitely the Annihilator 2023 takes big sound benefits if you plug it with a more power source.

Crossed post with the Annihilator thread, thanks Watercoolers for the recommendation of this great IEM 👍👍👍

Sounds like a great combination. I haven't listened to Hugo2/2go + C9 for a while. I remember it being an outstanding set up.. The clear analytical sound from the Hugo 2 and the slight edge removing warmth delivered by the C9. I can see how it would clean up the bass.

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #68,092 of 90,543
Th Spirit Torino TWIN PULSE BERYLLIUM IEMs are in the house and they sound quite good!

Pretty awesome bass punch, damn-fast beryllium drivers, proper macro dynamics, good body to mids, but warm overall and lacking the last bit of treble extension.

Vocals are near-spectacular but lacking the last bit of breathiness and air when the track calls for it.

Resolution is satisfactory for the price and am quite impressed with how it portrays stage depth.

The ear guides need to be bent into a particular shape to get a good fit and once you do, its quite comfortable.

Overall, as far as first impressions go, the twin pulse is a strong contender in the ~$1000 space.

A lot of fun with rock and metal on my Sony WM1ZM2. Other than drums and voice, lead guitars sound pretty lifelike as well while rythm guitars sound heavy and corporeal.

And accessorization and presentation pretty top-notch as well.

IMG_5216.jpeg

IMG_5213.jpeg

IMG_5211.jpeg

IMG_5204.jpeg

IMG_5200.jpeg

IMG_5217.jpeg

The cleaning tool is also rather formidable.

IMG_5203.jpeg
Are they as comfortable as they look? And are they easy to drive? Could be a good ie900 competitor for use case 👀

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #68,093 of 90,543
XM5 is the only IEM that leaves the house. It's a worthy upgrade over XM4 for me. Happy for it to be my only travel and walking IEM until XM6 in 2025. Rinse, repeat.

Don't Indo customs allow for not-for-resale review samples? There's a difference between retail value and commercial value, at least here.

If the purple was actually purple I'd have gone for purple :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Everything is possible in Indonesia as long as you understand how the customs work. It is actually a lot easier than India.

There is a saying "Semua Urusan D Indonesia Bisa Selesai Kalau Ada Uang Bawah Tangan" 🤣

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #68,094 of 90,543
Nope. I’ve tried using that exact reasoning, and what they did was send me a form, which declared that since the product was sent for free and had no tangible value, they would use the product’s MSRP to derive the duty fees. So, I’d be taxed as if I bought it at retail. If I didn’t sign that form, they wouldn’t release the package.

Trust me, if Indonesians are good at anything, it’s squeezing money out of their people with tactics like these.

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #68,095 of 90,543

It was an honest question. The thing that I want people to know is that we could have started with the post I made on the poll and then had a wonderful conversation about Aur IEMs without all of the negative energy. We can now and we can in the future. Just have at it. There is no unwritten or written rule that low priced IEMs that sound great and therefore deliver high value are not to be discussed here.

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #68,096 of 90,543
Nope. I’ve tried using that exact reasoning, and what they did was send me a form, which declared that since the product was sent for free and had no tangible value, they would use the product’s MSRP to derive the duty fees. So, I’d be taxed as if I bought it at retail. If I didn’t sign that form, they wouldn’t release the package.

Trust me, if Indonesians are good at anything, it’s squeezing money out of their people with tactics like these.
If you want to import regularly it is best to find a clearing agent who knows how the customs can be greased. It's not that difficult.

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #68,097 of 90,543
If you want to import regularly it is best to find a clearing agent who knows how the customs can be greased. It's not that difficult.
I’ve had opportunities, but I’ve never taken them. Call me goody two-shoes, but that’s just how I roll. :D To be fair, I’ve been really blessed in how many times I’ve had to pay that full 40% MSRP. The number is probably under 10 out of the 100 or so packages I’ve received for reviews. Still, that’s a lot of money spent on import fees, ear impressions, etc. Even discounting the insane amount of work that goes into listening, writing, photographing, comparing, etc., reviewing is not the “get IEMs for free” gig some people make it out to be. :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #68,098 of 90,543
Oct 24, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #68,100 of 90,543
Same - it was why I eventually sold, fantastic IEM otherwise
They should make a mark 2 throw a DD in for bass and add a vent I will buy it in a heartbeat 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back