The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 11, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #66,466 of 91,345
I remember seeing him said stupid things too on N30LE thread saying AK is better šŸ¤£
You missed an opportunity to avoid writing something false and stupid.
I don't have the N30LE and can't judge it.
In one of my posts I only wrote that the launch of that DAP was disastrous, due to the hissing problems and other issues that emerged.

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #66,467 of 91,345
Hey guy
Meanwhile, I didn't call anyone an idiot !
Then I don't write dozens of posts daily to advertise for any brand.
Then, even if I appreciate the products of Aroma Audio, A&K and PWAudio, I DO NOT fill this thread with dozens and dozens of posts every day to advertise these brands!
I just expressed my opinion.
If you don't like it, that's your problem.
If you don't like it then why are you still here? And I think nobody here expect you to post something? Most likely it's only about your beloved Jewel and AK I assume šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #66,469 of 91,345
I never really understood what you guys meant with 'soundstage height'. Would you mind explaining briefly to a newbie, maybe with a song that possesses that quality, how that's supposed to be heard? Thanks!
When the music is playing through your IEMs, just close your eyes for a while, visualize the vocals and instruments as they will be activating different parts of your brain. Music stimulates the entire brain as compared to any other form of art.

This internal visualization will tell you about holographic, width, depth and height. The three dimensional spectrum as bass will be emphasized in a certain part, the vocal on another and treble and so on an and so forth.

You should explore this on your own as telling you which part of the brain responds to lows, mids and highs for me might not always be the same for you. Once you have figured it out, the soundstage and instrument separation should become very easy to gauge. šŸ™

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #66,470 of 91,345
@Kobe4ever

Everyone has their own opinion, and their own tastes/preferences. When it comes down to it, I think most people just want positive validation of their very expensive purchase. You see that behavior all the time in other items ( iPhone arguments anyone? )

Lastly nothing is really ā€˜promotedā€™ here as in mentioned explicitly to drive sales, just purely discussion. There is natural interest in an item, excitement around a launch, and if some people are believers and fans of a brand. If it sounds good to you thatā€™s all that really matters.

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #66,471 of 91,345
Watercooler Top 3 Fall 2023 Final Tally

Top 10:

Fir Rn6 x18
Oriolus Traillii x16
Subtonic Storm x15
Elysian Annihilator x15
Fir Xe6 x15
Campfire Audio Trifecta x14
Sony IER Z1R x10
Noble Audio Viking x9
Nightjar Singularity x9

Empire Ears Raven x8

VIsion Ears Phƶnix/LE x6
Campfire Audio Bonneville x6
Unique Melody Mentor x6
Unique Melody Amber Pearl x5
Fir Electron 12 x5
Aroma Jewel x5
VE/AK Aura x5
Noble Ronin x4
FATfreq Grand Maestro x4
Elysian Diva x4
FatFreq Maestro SE x4
Penon 10th x4
Aroma Fei Wan x4
Fitear DC TI x4
64 Audio a/u12t x4
Empire/AK Odyssey x4
AĆ¼R Audio Neon Pro x3
Symphonium Crimson x3
NightJar Duality x3
Dita Perpetua x3
Apple Airpods Pro 2 x3
Unique Melody Mason x3

Sennheiser ie600 x2
Aroma Thunder x2
Campfire Audio Supermoon x2
Vision Ears EXT x2
Vision Ears VEX x2
Sound Rhyme DTE900 x2
Empire Ears Legend Evo x2
Final Audio E5000 x2
Night Oblivion Butastur x2
Softears Turii Ti x2
Custom Art Fibae 5 x2
Campfire Audio Andromeda x2
Nostalgia Audio Camelot x2
AĆ¼R Audio Aurora x2
Sound Rhyme SR8 x2
64 Audio u4s x2
Simphonio P0 x2
7th Acoustics Supernova x2
Thieaudio Monarch MKii/iii x2
Oriolus Szalayi x2

Sennheiser ie900
Empire Ears Bravado MKii
IMR Acoustics Titan
IKKO OH5 Asgard
UM Mest
Fitear TG334
Etymotic ER4XR
634ears Miroak-II Cocobolo
Hyla Audio TE-5B
Plunge Audio Unity
Penon Serial
64 Audio a/u18s
Canpur 622B
Vision Ears VE8
Campfire Andromeda Emerald Sea
MA Eclipse
64 Audio Fourte Blanc
KIwi Ears Cadenza
Shure KSE-1200
Goldplanar GL-AMT16
Shure SE846
Kinera Imperial Loki
Beyerdynamic Xelento 2
FATfreq Maestro Mini
Campfire Audio Ponderosa
Softears Turii
Rhapsodio Eden
Ambient Acoustics MAD24
64 Audio Nio
Unique Melody Le Jardin
Custom Art Hybrid 3 Pro
Custom Art FIBAE 7 Unlimited
Moondrop Variations
Penon Impact
Soranik Basilica
Truthear Nova
64 Audio VolĆ¼r
Empire Ears Legend X
Technics EAH-TZ700
Kiwi ears Quintet,
Empire Ears Valkyrie
Penon Orb
TGX Ear Serratus
Rhapsodio Supreme V3
Audeze LCD-i4
Elysian Dio (Proto)
Fir Kr5
ISN EST50
Empire Ears Odin
Madoo 821
Acoustune HS2000mx
MMR Thummim

Results added to Front Page
Nice list, hopefully I can own the Phonix LE and Multiverse Mentor

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #66,472 of 91,345
You missed an opportunity to avoid writing something false and stupid.
I don't have the N30LE and can't judge it.
In one of my posts I only wrote that the launch of that DAP was disastrous, due to the hissing problems and other issues that emerged.
Hello Brother, yesterday there was a highly offensive post in SoCal Canjam thread by someone, aimed at Strom.

I request you to to please understand that many of us enjoy reading about people's opinions on various IEMs as auditioning is not easily available to all of us.

No one is imposing their will upon is to buy anything. Let us just have a bit of fun please šŸ™

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #66,473 of 91,345
Iā€™ve been toying with buying the Meze 109 Pro for weeks now, these latest posts are pushing me closer! My favourite headphone at the moment is the Denon D9200, but keen to explore more open back.

Also, Iā€™ve been very surprised at the lack of mentions of MEST MKIII - a significant upgrade on MKII in my experience. Admittedly I was trying to sell it for weeks as I felt it was similar but a step below Camelot - as there were no bites, I spent more time with them and established enough reason to keep and love for nowā€¦ Iā€™ve had many great sessions now with my desktop and they are wonderful with the N7.

IMG_7719.jpeg
I already mentioned Mest MK3 on your behalf šŸ¤£

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #66,475 of 91,345
I need to update my signature. I haven't been keeping it updated since I had been away for a while.

By the way, I forgot to post that I bought the Noble FoKus Prestige and finally have been listening to it. It is fantastic as a tws IEM with much better sound than my others. I love it and it is really noticeable on walks with noise cancellation turned on to screen out noise. And, it has really great bass for a tws. Great subbass and not rubbery like most tws sets.
how does the fokus prestige compare to your other iems. I am looking to buy a tws upgrade from my Deviate Gemini. would you recommend the fokus prestige?

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #66,476 of 91,345
I'd also take a look at the Svanar Wireless - it sounds way better than the Svanar wired to my ear, although it's case is an affront to mankind. I'll also say that I was really surprised by the Noble Fokus Prestige - I randomly tried it near the end of the show and was shocked at how great it sounded and at how well it connected to my phone in such an RF-noisy environment. I wound up purchasing one, so we'll see if it holds up in a quiet environment, too.
Have you received the fokus prestige yet? How is your daily experience with it?

Oct 11, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #66,477 of 91,345
I never really understood what you guys meant with 'soundstage height'. Would you mind explaining briefly to a newbie, maybe with a song that possesses that quality, how that's supposed to be heard? Thanks!

Actually as a non-newbie, I don't understand the height concept myself... Pure honesty here, lol.

Oh and regarding the Jewel discussion, it's one of the IEMs I will never sell, and I would purchase again if I lost it. There are only a few from my whole collection in my personal Tier One and that I would buy again.

Now let's shut the hellup and move on to more productive topics guys :)

Oct 11, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #66,478 of 91,345
If you still have Shanling H7 with you, then 109 Pro sounds best with it along with Meze PCUHD SPC 4.4mm cable. Not so good straight out of N7, at least for me.

Would you say itā€™s due to the power difference? I still have H7, definitely a keeper. I think LPGT Ti even out of 3.5mm might be a good source, especially with the fact itā€™s actually more powerful single-ended than balanced.

Anyway, very tempted!

Oct 11, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #66,479 of 91,345
Iā€™ve been toying with buying the Meze 109 Pro for weeks now, these latest posts are pushing me closer!
I recommended it to you months ago, but I guess you are slow in following directions ... Now chop chop.. :)
I think we should be a little tolerant towards fanboys. If it bothers you, just think 'o it's him again', and carry on, or put the person on ignore. It is not the worst crime to be a fanboy. Just my opinion. :)

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #66,480 of 91,345
All wonderful suggestions, thank you to all
Of you!

The MeZe 109 Pro is probably my top contender atmā€¦as I am not looking to spend over 1k since I am just beginning with over earsā€¦

I almost purchased a focal clear a few years ago and got cold feet. I am surprised that a lot of these do not come with 4.4 cables so taking that into considerationā€¦

Comfort is huge for me, the Meze seem like they are the most comfortable out of whatā€™s been mentioned?
I'd mention that, when I demoed it in Singapore, the 109 Pro had a fairly crisp 5kHz peak. It added this slight tizz to the tracks I listened to. While it wasn't sibilant per se, I think it's worth thinking about if you're particularly sensitive to that area, or if the music in your library happens to have peaks in a similar region. Otherwise, it's a gorgeous, tremendously-built and comfortable headphone for sure. I went into the store wishing to buy it, and I only didn't because of that slight peak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back