The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 18, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #64,591 of 91,360
Just curious how people fit IEMS in their ears. I purchased a pair of ie900 as my first IEMS and I'm a bit unsure the best way to seat them in my ear.

Are you going for a deep insertion sealing just inside your ear canal or a shallower insertion sealing the very start of the ear canal?
It depends on your ears. In my case the ear canals are so narrow that I can only apply the latter option, creating a seal further out with large eartips. I think most people use a deeper fit.

IE900 is quite particular because it’s so small. Not the best IEM to start with maybe, from a perspective of fit. Good luck!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #64,593 of 91,360
It will arrive soon, I will be very curious about its sound quality :)

TGXear Desolation Sound

Attachments

• deso22.jpg
    deso22.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Sep 18, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #64,594 of 91,360
Just curious how people fit IEMS in their ears. I purchased a pair of ie900 as my first IEMS and I'm a bit unsure the best way to seat them in my ear.

Are you going for a deep insertion sealing just inside your ear canal or a shallower insertion sealing the very start of the ear canal?
There is no rule. Just find tips that are a) comfortable to wear for an extended period, b) create a good seal (if bass is limp, you don't have a good seal), and c) sound great. If you get all three with the stock tips, score. I don't, but have more than a dozen tips to roll. IE900 is by far the most comfortable IEM I own, and sounds amazing too. One of the best bass performers on the market at any price. Good luck!

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #64,595 of 91,360
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new IEM, preferably between 400-500 dollas. Would appreciate some reccos or maybe a reliable tier list that I can look at.
Welcome to head-fi and sorry for your wallet :).

Giving recommendations without knowing what exactly you are looking for / listening to is almost impossible given the myriads of options.

Aside from that, for the price bracket you mentioned you could have a look at the AüR, Sound Rhyme and Penon threads. And as you seem to reside in Singapur you should have no problems to demo lots of the stuff you will stumble upon here...

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #64,596 of 91,360
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new IEM, preferably between 400-500 dollas. Would appreciate some reccos or maybe a reliable tier list that I can look at.
Night Oblivion Butastur. Eyes closed. What a brilliant tuning on this iem. 💪🏻

There are other options as well - suggested by @zikarus

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #64,597 of 91,360
Cleo II OCTA

IMG_0196.jpeg
I see you are quite experienced with different cables. Would that be your favorite cable with rn6? Which cable does not reduce but adds to the bass?

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #64,598 of 91,360

Giving recommendations without knowing what exactly you are looking for / listening to is almost impossible given the myriads of options.

Aside from that, for the price bracket you mentioned you could have a look at the AüR, Sound Rhyme and Penon threads. And as you seem to reside in Singapur you should have no problems to demo lots of the stuff you will stumble upon here...
Yup, I will definitely audition a couple of IEMs when I have the time. Personally I'm still looking for a specific sound signature that is for me, so a lot of testing and auditioning is definitely required. Was just hoping for reccos to get me started, cause during my own research, I just saw a lot of DUNU, Moondrop and Sony reccos on other websites.

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #64,599 of 91,360
Today’s a good audio toy day for me 😍

IMG_1299.jpeg
I’m very interested to hear how you like the N30 compared to your 320MAX? Upgrade or sidegrade?

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #64,600 of 91,360
Sunday Snap Survey: what are your Top 5 BASS-FIRST IEMs?

1. FiR Xe6
2. CA Fibae 5
3. Audeze LCDi4
4. Sony IER-Z1R
5. UM Multiverse Mentor

Sep 18, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #64,601 of 91,360

Night Oblivion Butastur. Eyes closed. What a brilliant tuning on this iem. 💪🏻

There are other options as well - suggested by @zikarus
Yup, I will definitely audition a couple of IEMs when I have the time. Personally I'm still looking for a specific sound signature that is for me, so a lot of testing and auditioning is definitely required. Was just hoping for reccos to get me started, cause during my own research, I just saw a lot of DUNU, Moondrop and Sony reccos on other websites.
Since you are in Singapore, I would not discount FatFreq either. They have some options that you might find interesting and best thing is you can book an audition: https://fatfreq.com/

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #64,602 of 91,360
I have a tier list but sometimes I am afraid of posting tier lists now because someone will be offended :joy:

Good ones that come to mind around 400-500 USD are Symphonium Meteor, Aful Performer8, Moondrop Variations, Dunu SA6 MK2, and whatever else others may mention.

Would be easier to provide recommendations if you told us what kind of sound you're looking for or what your preferences are.

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #64,603 of 91,360
It will arrive soon, I will be very curious about its sound quality :)

TGXear Desolation Sound
Great purchase, I'm sure. Keep us updated!

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #64,604 of 91,360
I have a tier list but sometimes I am afraid of posting tier lists now because someone will be offended :joy:

Good ones that come to mind around 400-500 USD are Symphonium Meteor, Aful Performer8, Moondrop Variations, Dunu SA6 MK2, and whatever else others may mention.

Would be easier to provide recommendations if you told us what kind of sound you're looking for or what your preferences are.
Haha, maybe you can pm me the list? Can't get offended when I don't even know what I want or like.

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #64,605 of 91,360
you can try iKKO Asgard OH5, 7hz Timeless, or Yanyin Aladdin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back