The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 18, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #64,621 of 91,358
Ah yes I haven't try this album yet with my OrphyS + RN6 combo on N30LE, even though I have it on my library 😂
Thanks for reminding me 😁
$15K 2023 summit-fi portable system right there. The only thing I'd change is the N30 case, yikes! :sweat_smile:

PS. Great album...inspired me to listen later too.

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #64,622 of 91,358
+1. The only cable I've preferred with Rn6 to date, other than stock, is Orphy Shielding. And that costs twice as much as the IEM! I've switched to Gold Atom for a while, and must say I quite like the change. It's not as thick and heavy as Xe6, but gives a similar sense of bass heft while retaining Rn6's balance.

Despite placing purchasing "caps" on my head-fi, I've broken every one of them – recently with N30LE. You guys are tempting me in breaking my cable cap with Orphy.

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #64,623 of 91,358
My bass first IEMs:
CFA Atlas
Fir XE6
EE EVO
EXT
CA Fibrae 5

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #64,624 of 91,358
Despite placing purchasing "caps" on my head-fi, I've broken every one of them – recently with N30LE. You guys are tempting me in breaking my cable cap with Orphy.
Best to try before you buy. Just to be clear, there is no inkling of 'value' when you're talking cables like Orphy. It's the gold flakes on top of the caviar, and if that's your jam, enjoy and be happy!

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #64,626 of 91,358
Bass First IEM (no order)
1. Campfire Trifecta
2. Empire Ears LX
3. FIR XE6
4. Empire Ears EVO (if my ears were worthy, I'd own it)
5. Campfire Equinox

I would love to listen to the Singularity, Perpetua and Grand Maestro. I expect my top five will change once I demo these.

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #64,627 of 91,358
Thank you for taking the time for such a thorough explanation. It was more than helpful! I’m looking forward to ordering the rn6 ciem as soon as I get my impressions!
My favorite cable is actually the exclusive stock copper shielded, pure silver cable that is included with RN6, followed by Cleo II OCTA. Surprisingly, RN6's exclusive silver cable is one of the best stock IEM cables I've heard where I didn't feel the need to cable roll. It's transparently, detailed, balanced and brings out RN6's "warm balanced" signature.

Having the opportunity to cable roll the cables in my signature with RN6 – whew it was exhausting, LOL, they bring subtle to prominent shifts to RN6's signature. Since I enjoyed RN6's signature with its exclusive silver cable, I used that as a reference in replicating or improving. There's a couple that refines bass and perhaps one or two that "add" to bass but giving up in clarity and detail.

To my ears, EA Cleo II OCTA replicated much of that signature while bringing a richness in bass and lower mids which is not characteristic for a silver cable. Treble extends well – airy, detailed with a larger soundstage, impactful lows. There's a richness in sound with organic and tactile texture, lush body and instrument note weight. It's engaging with a neutral tone signature.

TBH, ATOM module rolling would be the most cost effective. Rolling from black, silver or even gold – by increasing isolation – will bring the most perceptible bass increases. RN6 + stock silver + silver ATOM XS (XS modules = UNIEM / standard ATOM = CIEM) would be my go to.

Hope this helps!

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #64,628 of 91,358
My favorite cable is actually the exclusive stock copper shielded, pure silver cable that is included with RN6, followed by Cleo II OCTA. Surprisingly, RN6's exclusive silver cable is one of the best stock IEM cables I've heard where I didn't feel the need to cable roll. It's transparently, detailed, balanced and brings out RN6's "warm balanced" signature.

Having the opportunity to cable roll the cables in my signature with RN6 – whew it was exhausting, LOL, they bring subtle to prominent shifts to RN6's signature. Since I enjoyed RN6's signature with its exclusive silver cable, I used that as a reference in replicating or improving. There's a couple that refines bass and perhaps one or two that "add" to bass but giving up in clarity and detail.

To my ears, EA Cleo II OCTA replicated much of that signature while bringing a richness in bass and lower mids which is not characteristic for a silver cable. Treble extends well – airy, detailed with a larger soundstage, impactful lows. There's a richness in sound with organic and tactile texture, lush body and instrument note weight. It's engaging with a neutral tone signature.

TBH, ATOM module rolling would be the most cost effective. Rolling from black, silver or even gold – by increasing isolation – will bring the most perceptible bass increases. RN6 + stock silver + silver ATOM XS (XS modules = UNIEM / standard ATOM = CIEM) would be my go to.

Hope this helps!
Also that makes the rn6 even more valuable when you can save a couple thousand on a cable!!

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #64,629 of 91,358
+1. The only cable I've preferred with Rn6 to date, other than stock, is Orphy Shielding. And that costs twice as much as the IEM! I've switched to Gold Atom for a while, and must say I quite like the change. It's not as thick and heavy as Xe6, but gives a similar sense of bass heft while retaining Rn6's balance.

Oh ja ja, I also enjoyed gold ATOM module with RN6 – increasing bass heft while retaining Rn6's balance – where its thick and heavy with XE6.

Best to try before you buy. Just to be clear, there is no inkling of 'value' when you're talking cables like Orphy. It's the gold flakes on top of the caviar, and if that's your jam, enjoy and be happy!

My sanity kicked in momentarily and did not tap, Complete Purchase 🤭

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #64,630 of 91,358
Well, just to spark some interest in this thread...

IMG_7733.jpeg

I had a chance for a quick 60 second listen...doesn't really sound like an Orphy despite the name, but I quite enjoy the sound. Faster, tighter bass and more treble extension. Direct AB with Orphy: Orphy has a bigger soundstage and slightly better technicalities but sounds less energetic. Lite has slightly more defined notes and sharper imaging but sounding less analog, or "less Traillii", as a result. It's somewhere between the FT and the OrphyS imo. I prefer this over the FT's signature. And the price....well, here you go...

https://www.rightshopaudiohk.com/products/pw-audio-orpheus-lite-shielding

not gonna like the price :joy:

Edit: recalling impressions from memory

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #64,631 of 91,358

IMG_7733.jpeg

I had a chance for a quick 60 second listen...doesn't really sound like an Orphy despite the name, but I quite enjoy the sound. Faster, tighter bass and more treble extension. Direct AB with Orphy: Orphy has a bigger soundstage and slightly better technicalities but sounds less energetic. Lite has slightly more defined notes and sharper imaging but sounding less analog, or "less Traillii", as a result. It's somewhere between the FTS and the OrphyS imo. I prefer this over the FT's signature. And the price....well, here you go...

HOLY! What currency is that? HKD? Still, must be a typo. Meanwhile, how would you describe FTS signature, also vs OrphyS Lite?

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #64,632 of 91,358
HOLY! What currency is that? HKD? Still, must be a typo. Meanwhile, how would you describe FTS signature, also vs OrphyS Lite?
Yeah HKD so basically Orphy's original price before the spike. Around $4962 USD.

Made a typo, should be FT - I've never heard the FTS, my mistake!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #64,633 of 91,358

HK $38,800 or approximately USD $4,957.86 with current exchange rate – approx $900 less than OrphyS.

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #64,634 of 91,358
Yeah HKD so basically Orphy's original price before the spike. Around $4962 USD.

Made a typo, should be FT - I've never heard the FTS, my mistake!
Must be a typo on FB, because it shows HK$388000 :wink:

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 16.50.09.png

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #64,635 of 91,358

IMG_7733.jpeg

I had a chance for a quick 60 second listen...doesn't really sound like an Orphy despite the name, but I quite enjoy the sound. Faster, tighter bass and more treble extension. Direct AB with Orphy: Orphy has a bigger soundstage and slightly better technicalities but sounds less energetic. Lite has slightly more defined notes and sharper imaging but sounding less analog, or "less Traillii", as a result. It's somewhere between the FT and the OrphyS imo. I prefer this over the FT's signature. And the price....well, here you go...

Interesting tuning but I'll have to end my cable collection journey. Already have OrphyS, OTL, and 8 wire Chiron with me, so I guess that's enough for me. Too much price drop when I want to resell my cable, so I think it's better to spend on new IEM instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back