The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jun 17, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #60,436 of 88,414
The Hifiman Audivina is a good headphone. It sounds like a closed back but its got a pretty decent tonality, wonderful separation and projection of images, and a lovely bass and midrange. Not sure why its not getting more attention.

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg

Katie Melua’s vocals sound stunning on it.

IMG_1350.jpeg

Strings have great note weight on “I Could Have Lied” by RHCP. The bass guitar has great note weight and sounds well-separated from the drums which sound fairly powerful.

IMG_1351.png

I had to turn the volume down a tad on “Game Over” by Machine Head. There is some upper mid / lower treble energy which might not go well with metal.

IMG_1357.jpeg

But it sounds fast and the planar bass is a damn treat after listening to mostly IEMs the last several months. You can also make out each individual drum hit distinctly.

Meanwhile, Seal’s voice sounds powerful but delicate when the track calls for it.

IMG_1353.png

And finally, although it wasn’t checking all my boxes for metal, it was quite impressive with prog rock of Tool. I really enjoyed “Invincible” from the Fear Inoculum album. James Maynard Keenan’s vocals sound equal parts melancholic and melodic while the Audivina extracts fine nuances from the track.

IMG_1356.png

This is an impressive headphone that more people need to check out, especially if you have a need for a closed back.

Comfort is good, clamp force is minimal and weight is rather manageable.
I heard it at the Highend in Munich. It's definitely a decent headphone, actually a well done v-shaped headphone that's not sibilant. Technicalities were also very good. But it was missing a bit of subbass in my oppinion. The Arya organic was even more impressive as one of the latest releases from Hifiman.

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #60,437 of 88,414
In regards to all the debates about Noble Audio and Hakugei - I'd like to reiterate once more that they are (or at least were) partners with Noble sourcing all their cables directly from Hakugei.
The cable industry isn't as simple as these posts are making it out to be. There is a lot of commingling going on among cable companies that a lot of times iem manufacturers aren't even aware of. Meaning, I could be buying from a large company based in Taiwan, and the Taiwanese company are really buying cables from essentialy "cottage" mom & pop family cable companies in another country, and then selling to me as if they did the work. That sounds pretty benign, but the problem with this practice is continuity of results, as the cable supplier I'm buying from sub contracts the cable to many different small cable builders.

It all becomes fairly hazy and grey. So to say Noble, or any other company for that matter, has an "official" cable supplier is a bit murky, as a cable supplier very well could be sub contracting with a host of other companies.

I once took a stroll through a company that on the assembly line were building Noble cables, as it turned out they were the folks doing the sub contract work. 😀

Obviously we work with Wagnus & Eletech, and a few other companies. I tend to want to work with small companies rather than large ones as there is a better direct line of communication and accountability.

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 17, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #60,438 of 88,414
Sharing some snaps of my favourite FIR IEM :beyersmile:

While they don't sound completely "lifelike" to my ears, they playback like a set of luxury hifi speakers with a sort of richness to the bass and mids without the bloat. I was sold on how these exhibit a kind of spacious airiness even on lower volume listening, perhaps attributed to its extended treble and integration of open acoustics and atom venting.

I find it difficult to describe its tonality because of how damn cohesive it sounds. These aren't just any IEM to me, they are an experience!

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Jun 17, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #60,439 of 88,414

While they don't sound completely "lifelike" to my ears, they playback like a set of luxury hifi speakers with a sort of richness to the bass and mids without the bloat. I was sold on how these exhibit a kind of spacious airiness even on lower volume listening, perhaps attributed to its extended treble and integration of open acoustics and atom venting.

I find it difficult to describe its tonality because of how damn cohesive it sounds. These aren't just any IEM to me, they are an experience!

Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG

Gorgeous RN6 pics and welcome to the FiRry den! 🐇

Jun 17, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #60,440 of 88,414

Your IEMs look really beautiful, in these photos 👍

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #60,441 of 88,414
The Hifiman Audivina is a good headphone. It sounds like a closed back but its got a pretty decent tonality, wonderful separation and projection of images, and a lovely bass and midrange. Not sure why its not getting more attention.

Strings have great note weight on “I Could Have Lied” by RHCP. The bass guitar has great note weight and sounds well-separated from the drums which sound fairly powerful.

I had to turn the volume down a tad on “Game Over” by Machine Head. There is some upper mid / lower treble energy which might not go well with metal.

But it sounds fast and the planar bass is a damn treat after listening to mostly IEMs the last several months. You can also make out each individual drum hit distinctly.

Meanwhile, Seal’s voice sounds powerful but delicate when the track calls for it.

And finally, although it wasn’t checking all my boxes for metal, it was quite impressive with prog rock of Tool. I really enjoyed “Invincible” from the Fear Inoculum album. James Maynard Keenan’s vocals sound equal parts melancholic and melodic while the Audivina extracts fine nuances from the track.

This is an impressive headphone that more people need to check out, especially if you have a need for a closed back.

Great Machine Head!!!!!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #60,442 of 88,414

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1350.jpeg

IMG_1351.png

IMG_1357.jpeg

IMG_1353.png

IMG_1356.png

Jun 17, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #60,443 of 88,414

Congrats! My favourite FiR and one of my favourite IEMs period. One of those rare IEMs that makes everything sound exceptional, off almost any source.

Jun 17, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #60,445 of 88,414
Jun 17, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #60,447 of 88,414
Jun 17, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #60,449 of 88,414
For those of you who are curious, but haven't found it...

I think he means anal as in lots of attention to detail maybe like this…. “adding an almost over-abundant(anal) level of precision to the spacial map” is how I interpreted it.

Regardless a humorous way of explaining it.

Jun 17, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #60,450 of 88,414
With N7 and C9 in greatly enjoying them with Tesseract via Cleopatra II Octa, but I think I need to go the @bigbeans circa 2021 route and slap some high performance thermal pads and copper heatsinks on this thing. I'm sure it was spec'd to get this hot and thus probably completely fine but it can't be good for component life span, at least if a decade of PC building and watercooling has taught me anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back