The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 28, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #87,766 of 89,135
I may be in the minority but I had the MScaler->TT2 combo for a long while as my desktop set up for headphones and it was very nice sounding but - and call me crazy - the sonics I am getting from the DC-Elite into my Trifectas is subjectively better. Better depth and layering, better soundstage, better detail. Looking back I don't think I'm a "Chord house sound" guy, although from all the reviews I kinda should be. I never found the sound precise enough, especially in bass layering and in terms of air from ultra-highs. I moved to a very nice R2R Dac - Rockna's top of the line - and a very nice tube amp - DNA Stratus - after that and it was immediately better, even in the metrics that Chord is supposed to excel at and certainly - despite all the hubbub to the contrary about R2R and tubes - more precise and revealing and coherent.

But the point of this post is to say that my evolution has been toward the smaller and less complex and less expensive and yet the sound quality I am getting is more satisfying and, to my metrics, better. Perhaps my anatomy is better suited to IEMs. Perhaps I like the ease of the dongle. Or perhaps the DC Elite->Lavinia->Trifecta combo is just perfect synergy for my ears. But I am blown away each and every time I listen, no matter the genre, and far more consistently than with the Chord stack and at far less size and cost than the R2R/Tube amp stack. Just my $.02 on a Sunday morning as my music continues to put a massive smile on my soul.

Then again, maybe I'm just old now and I can't hear crap and I'm just living in a happy muffled bubble.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #87,767 of 89,135
Does anyone have much experience with the Bellos X4? I got the universals.

IMG_0650.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

Gorgeous build and craftsmanship and great technicalities for the price. I have had to tip roll a bit to find the right fit and have settled on the Eletech Baroque tips. I am kicking myself for not getting the customs!

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #87,768 of 89,135

IMG_0650.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

Gorgeous build and craftsmanship and great technicalities for the price. I have had to tip roll a bit to find the right fit and have settled on the Eletech Baroque tips. I am kicking myself for not getting the customs!
Do they share any sonical DNA with FiR - preferably Rn6?

drftr

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #87,769 of 89,135

Nice price point looking forward to a comparison with ie900

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #87,770 of 89,135

IMG_0650.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

@Deezel177 & @gLer have both reviewed it. @warrenpchi loves his.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #87,772 of 89,135
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #87,773 of 89,135
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #87,774 of 89,135
20240428_174103.jpg

Sunday bliss... 😃

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #87,775 of 89,135
That's the most expensive audio system from Brise audio, the IEM is part of it and I am not sure if IEM will be sold separately.
So basically the new mid-fi entry point next year? :wink:

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #87,776 of 89,135
Apr 28, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #87,777 of 89,135
Do they share any sonical DNA with FiR - preferably Rn6?

drftr
I heard that this is more reference tuned, and I lost my interest. However, you need to demo to know.

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #87,778 of 89,135
Today, I'm decidedly ChiFi, and the lowest of the low, in fact the least I've spent on an iem since I was a teenager.

This is the CCA Trio that @warrenpchi dared me to buy. Considering it was less than my last single doordash order (a pizza!), and because the "trio" stood for 3xDD, I jumped and it arrived from China fast. For $40, you don't get a lot in packaging, but you get this iem that is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much like others, though with 4 switches. Build quality is great.

The shocker is the performance after a lengthy burn in, which all of my DD sets have needed to some degree. I turned its switches into the down position (opposite of the way they came) after doing a little research to determine this would suit my bass preferences. Switched out its cable, stuck some Baroque tips on them, and lo and behold, here's a player in the multi DD arena!

Not gonna lie, they are ridiculously good for the price, and even forgetting the price, they're terrific.

Without question, great for the gym, the beach, the pool, wherever...if your dog chews them up, so what, order another one 😂. Thanks for the tip, Warren!
1000024265.jpg

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #87,779 of 89,135
Today, I'm decidedly ChiFi, and the lowest of the low, in fact the least I've spent on an iem since I was a teenager.

This is the CCA Trio that @warrenpchi dared me to buy. Considering it was less than my last single doordash order (a pizza!), and because the "trio" stood for 3xDD, I jumped and it arrived from China fast. For $40, you don't get a lot in packaging, but you get this iem that is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much like others, though with 4 switches. Build quality is great.

The shocker is the performance after a lengthy burn in, which all of my DD sets have needed to some degree. I turned its switches into the down position (opposite of the way they came) after doing a little research to determine this would suit my bass preferences. Switched out its cable, stuck some Baroque tips on them, and lo and behold, here's a player in the multi DD arena!

Not gonna lie, they are ridiculously good for the price, and even forgetting the price, they're terrific.

Without question, great for the gym, the beach, the pool, wherever...if your dog chews them up, so what, order another one 😂. Thanks for the tip, Warren!
When you mentioned your last doordash order of a pizza, it reminds me in 2010, a guy (software engineer) in Florida spent 10,000 bitcoins to buy a delivered pizza (again about $40 value), and according to today's market value, that's $637,684,000, that is the first bitcoin transaction in the history. (BTW, he spent about $5 billion that summer for pizza).

Therefore, anybody wants to boast spending less than a pizza delivery on audio equipment, he or she has a long way to go :).

BTW, I am going to buy a Trio just for fun.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #87,780 of 89,135

1000024265.jpg
Ehh I placed an order, they’re $20 here, might as well lmao.

Attachments

• IMG_2485.png
    IMG_2485.png
    836.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back