The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 29, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #8,686 of 88,292
Crystal better than Xelastecs in terms of stickiness but I find they bother my ears after a while - certainly on Isa but that come to think of it could be the wider bore, I might try again with a smaller size (a nightmare to put them on Isa though!).

I bought AET07 on Amazon Japan - HERE - surprisingly cheap to ship to Ireland, about $10 but I always order some others while I'm at it to get better bang for buck on the shipping... plus generally arrive in less than a week. Picked up Azlas there too, Amazon Japan have the best of range of tips in my experience.

I think more what SpinFit do I not have to be honest! - because they have such high praise, I bought lots of them early in the year from Amazon. I'm not a fan of the material they use, I prefer the texture and fit of Azla for example, likewise AET07 - SpinFit have a slight rubbery texture which I don't really like. I must revisit though.

That's fair. There's not a great deal of Spinfits that I reach for anymore. They tend to skew sound quite dramatically and not always for the best. I think next month I'll do a bulk buy from Amazon JP. Earlier in the year I purchased some XELASTECS from Amazon JP and the packaging arrived with a cut in the side and what I was handed was an empty envelope...!

Dec 29, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #8,687 of 88,292
Where did you get your AET07 from? On my shopping list are those and some Spiral Dots and Azla shorts & regulars.
You can buy Acoustune, Sedna and Spiral Dots from mtmtaudio online. Should be free shipping to you but may take a little longer than the DHL Teleporter at Amazon Japan.

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #8,689 of 88,292
You can buy Acoustune, Sedna and Spiral Dots from mtmtaudio online. Should be free shipping to you but may take a little longer than the DHL Teleporter at Amazon Japan.

Haha. Another revelation of 2021 for me - a new found respect for DHL. Bonkers logistics.

I'll check out mtmtaudio, I think I've purchased from there in the past...:thinking:

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #8,690 of 88,292
Haha. Another revelation of 2021 for me - a new found respect for DHL. Bonkers logistics.

I'll check out mtmtaudio, I think I've purchased from there in the past...:thinking:

Yeah DHL are incredibly fast - unbelievable how packages whizz their way around the globe. Although my Penon Serial is taking a seriously long time...

I tried to order from mtmtaudio before but they don't ship to Ireland at the moment.

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #8,691 of 88,292
Something nice landed on my head and having a blast :)

F60FAB2B-7944-45C9-BFF9-785908F09C8B.jpeg

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #8,692 of 88,292
I swear this has been one of the most painful waits I've had on a shipment. Absolutely no criticism of the seller, simply a product of timing over Christmas - I'd say I've almost overloaded the PostNL servers with my refreshing of the tracking, only to be greeted with this same result since Christmas eve! I suspect it is in Ireland but will only update tomorrow or Thursday as our local postal service resumes.

Screenshot_20211228-233948_Samsung Internet.jpg
If you have the tracking code, you could try it with Royal Mail. I had a parcel come in from the UK with International Tracked and the tracking of Royal Mail stopped working at one point. After a few days I tried using the tracking code at PostNL, which worked and showed me the import fees that were due before they would send it out for delivery. If I had waited longer, I would have had to pick it up at a PostNL point and pay a little extra for their trouble. So checking the code with Royal Mail might help speed things up if it works the same in the UK as it did in NL.

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #8,693 of 88,292
If you have the tracking code, you could try it with Royal Mail. I had a parcel come in from the UK with International Tracked and the tracking of Royal Mail stopped working at one point. After a few days I tried using the tracking code at PostNL, which worked and showed me the import fees that were due before they would send it out for delivery. If I had waited longer, I would have had to pick it up at a PostNL point and pay a little extra for their trouble. So checking the code with Royal Mail might help speed things up if it works the same in the UK as it did in NL.
One great website / app for this is parcelsapp
When the tracking number changes crossing borders it gives you the new one saved me more than once...

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #8,694 of 88,292
One great website / app for this is parcelsapp
When the tracking number changes crossing borders it gives you the new one saved me more than once...
Nice, thanks!

BTW, your face up there is priceless. Big grin from ear(pad) to ear(pad). 😁 Looks super comfy, hope it sounds superb as well. DCA is always on my radar because of how light and comfortable their headphones look, but so far I have not had a chance to demo any.

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #8,695 of 88,292

Thanks - yeah I've tried the PostNL tracking with An Post (Irish postal service) and not showing up yet. It does say on the An Post website that normal services resume tomorrow so I expect to see it appear on their system then hopefully. I have had scenarios like this before though where the item just shows up... ninja parcels :)

In other news, DHL tracking showing my Timeless in the local sort facility as of 7.53am this morning. I don't expect it today as I've not yet been issued an invoice for customs... another dice roll as to what value I'll be hit with!

Dec 29, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #8,696 of 88,292
I was debating with Jeremey and Todd a few days ago that if my experiment doesn't work out (I'm doing something completely contrary to my current taste) the rest of my journey will be an uneasy one. I mean, stepping up the game in all-BA world in the case the U12t doesn't cut it for me probably means Traillii territory; while if I want to go back to single DD after being used to U12t technicalities what is there really? A8000 would be way too bright for me, and the step back to the $600 zone would probably mean a hard reset of my brain. So I would either have to cross my fingers for a Dunu Pro that delivers more in the low end, or starting a journey through hybrid+ territory.

Much cheaper doing my best liking the t! I'm extremely interested in what an all-BA setup can deliver so that definitely helps. And if all else fails I'll simply be looking for the one with the biggest shoulders within 5 meters from the cooler. Easy-peasy!

drftr
The other day I was listening to Ely while doing some chores. Mid way through I stopped to put the Mest on. Long story short I got lost in the music and somehow forgot that I had Mest on. I changed playlist to some instrumental music and was saying to my self " this is beautiful, Ely is doing a hell of a job" . 😂
So the moral of the story was that either I'm not half finicky about sound as some here or as I thought I was. What I want to say is, if I compare a lot between some highly capable IEMs I come to some well defined preferences. But in practice it get blurry quite a bit with brain burn in and not listening with a critical mindset. And in terms of enjoyment the lines are even more blurry for me. YMMV and all that

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #8,698 of 88,292
PWA August Fun arrived yesterday. It was Andrew's recommendation for VE V8 cable. I have been using the Satin Audio Zeus and thought I was done cable rolling the V8. I hooked it up to my breakin kit and took a quick listen. All I could say is WOW! . I did not try to analyze what was better. I Will do that when I stop burn in next week. For you PWA fans, the August Fun comes in a square metal container. Quite a change from the little cloth bags. Its a nice high end experience.

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #8,699 of 88,292
PWA August Fun arrived yesterday. It was Andrew's recommendation for VE V8 cable. I have been using the Satin Audio Zeus and thought I was done cable rolling the V8. I hooked it up to my breakin kit and took a quick listen. All I could say is WOW! . I did not try to analyze what was better. I Will do that when I stop burn in next week. For you PWA fans, the August Fun comes in a square metal container. Quite a change from the little cloth bags. Its a nice high end experience.

I believe the August Fun is meant to be the 1960s 2 wire successor. I imagine that cable would be infinitely more popular if it had a… “normal” name, can’t wait to try it for myself eventually.

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #8,700 of 88,292
edit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back