The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 27, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #84,722 of 88,568
Water cooler for those not in the know what is the difference between the Campfire Audio Bonneville and the Supermoon in terms of sound signature?
Bonner leans towards lower mid, thicker gooey(er) sound. Supermoon leans toward upper mid, crisp and clear.

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #84,724 of 88,568
Homer Simpson moment. Euphoria is the Amp?

Going to tempt me to the dark side. To find the gold brick of my own. Remind me to demo the Trifecta with your gold brick.
Absolutely my friend! :) trifecta + goldbrick is an incredible combo and yes euforia is the amp come to the dark tubey side

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #84,725 of 88,568
Bonner leans towards lower mid, thicker gooey(er) sound. Supermoon leans toward upper mid, crisp and clear.
I had both and I sold the supermoon only because I needed the cash. That's a pretty good description although I will say this supermoon bass was really good with just a little bass boost with the go Blue or a tiny bit of eq'ing from other sources.

Also found the Cadmus cable which is only 200 bucks to really work well with the supermoon. I didn't feel like I was missing bass.

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #84,727 of 88,568
I had both and I sold the supermoon only because I needed the cash. That's a pretty good description although I will say this supermoon bass was really good with just a little bass boost with the go Blue or a tiny bit of eq'ing from other sources.

Also found the Cadmus cable which is only 200 bucks to really work well with the supermoon. I didn't feel like I was missing bass.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the bass of supermoon. It’s an engaging and “large” experience where everything on the stage seems to be pushed a bit out and away. Quite fun IEM.

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #84,728 of 88,568
I need that donut. I mean that dark tubey goodness. Why do tubes make everything sound better? Especially anything from ZMF?
It’s cuz…. Tubes mannnn ❤️🎶

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #84,730 of 88,568
I need that donut. I mean that dark tubey goodness. Why do tubes make everything sound better? Especially anything from ZMF?
@tjzurlaaa no issues with background noise with iems on the feliks?
Feliks euforia has the darkest noise floor of any tube amp I’ve tried highly recommended for iems .. for an extremely sensitive Iem if I pay close attention I will hear little tube noises here and there but once it plays music it’s completely gone ,,and harder to drive iems dead silent

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #84,731 of 88,568
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the bass of supermoon. It’s an engaging and “large” experience where everything on the stage seems to be pushed a bit out and away. Quite fun IEM.
Wait Supermoon is planar?
It’s cuz…. Tubes mannnn ❤️🎶
One day man. That Decware from ZMF will call my name. After that I will never be the same.

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #84,732 of 88,568
Mar 27, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #84,733 of 88,568
Feliks has the darkest noise floor of any tube amp I’ve tried highly recommended for iems .. for an extremely sensitive Iem if I play close attention I will hear a little tube noises here and there but once it’s completely gone and harder to drive iems dead silent
I do not listen to IEMs on my Euforia that often, but I agree it worked quite well, with minimal hiss, with the ones I tried.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #84,734 of 88,568
I do not listen to IEMs on my Euforia that often, but I agree it worked quite well, with minimal hiss, with the ones I tried.
Same I don’t do it often but when I do, it’s a nice treat :)

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #84,735 of 88,568
The talk about Bonneville make me miss it even more, loaned it away for some weeks. Love the lush and engaging sound, also my favorite IEM for metal and rock.

For now enjoying the Japanese 634ears Miroak-II Cocobolo + HIBY R8 II, playing electronica. Lovely combo, excellent and fun bass, good mids and clear highs. While not the Bonneville, also a very good IEM on the cheaper side.

1000032111.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back