The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 5, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #82,981 of 88,549
And I am here reading all the discussions about resolution and technical ability while I just plug in my Creator and enjoy music in the most musical manner:sunglasses:

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #82,982 of 88,549
Yes, it's true that my Anni didn't have burnin, but I don't know how much better Anni could have been in that aspect. From my experience, I would say that burnin does exist, but it doesn't make such a huge difference. Potential must already be there, but I don't think Anni had that. As I said, I only remember Anni like this, with no or very little texture and granity in comparison. Someone said the same thing to me the other day.

What was your DAP/Source? I didn't enjoy the Anni as much on a warmer dap like the n30le, but on the dx320max ti, it was like a ferrari racing down the street with excitement and precision (resolution not so much

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #82,984 of 88,549
What was your DAP/Source? I didn't enjoy the Anni as much on a warmer dap like the n30le, but on the dx320max ti, it was like a ferrari racing down the street with excitement and precision (resolution not so much
I listened to Anni exactly with the N30LE and DX320MaxTi. In general, I also had the impression that the analytical sound of the DX320MaxTi would fit better. But - and here we have it again - the technical difference in favor of the N30LE was too big for me, so I still found the N30LE better overall. And for these reasons:

- https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...n-first-page-all-welcome.957426/post-17902197
- https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...n-first-page-all-welcome.957426/post-17902474
- https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...th-anniv-limited-edition.969210/post-17906575
- https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-5004#post-17882748

Please, don't bring up the subject of the burn-in again, because even after the burn-in, these impressions of the DX320MaxTi haven't changed in the end.

By the way: I don't want to give the impression that the resolution is my top priority. Because that is certainly not the case. In fact, perhaps my favorite IEM is the Xe6 or Rn6 - both are in the resolution very, very good, but not the best...

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #82,985 of 88,549
Please, don't bring up the subject of the burn-in again, because even after the burn-in, these impressions of the DX320MaxTi haven't changed in the end.

They coudnt change since the unit you sent wasnt burned in, the bass rendering changed significantly after 50h.

I tried Anni with dx320 Max Ti and it was too dry for my taste. N8ii with tubes adds some much needed wet timbre to the mids and slight hint of warmth. My favorite pairing so far but imagine with N30LE its even better. Curious how anni sounds with R2R like L&P P6 Pro.

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #82,986 of 88,549
They coudnt change since the unit you sent wasnt burned in, the bass rendering changed significantly after 50h.

I tried Anni with dx320 Max Ti and it was too dry for my taste. N8ii with tubes adds some much needed wet timbre to the mids and slight hint of warmth. My favorite pairing so far but imagine with N30LE its even better. Curious how anni sounds with R2R like L&P P6 Pro.
With the burn in I was referring to the DX320MaxTi. This DAP certainly has the best treble and I quite liked that with Anni.

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #82,987 of 88,549
The Dx320Max is superb, it rivals many desktop systems. For my taste its tad bit too analytical and cold though. But I am coming from Holo May, so bit spoiled there.

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #82,988 of 88,549
So a DAP that can match the sound and delivery of the Hugo is more what I’m after.
SP3000?

Which of the two is more technical.....and which of the two has more advanced voices?
Join us in Amsterdam and find out about these and 20 other TOTL IEMs :wink:

drftr

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #82,989 of 88,549
Hi,
Which one do you prefer the most? Thanks.
Effect Audio Centurion
In Japan, I listened both Shirogane ultimate 4w and EA Centurion with my Apx, thanks to e-earphone Akihabara and Fujiya-avic stores.
Both cables are incredible The choice between them is very difficult. Finally the sound signature of EA centurion suits more to me : frenzied and silky rhythm.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #82,990 of 88,549

I want to like this song, but they really messed up the mastering or something. It is so effed up, and sounds this way everywhere I've found it. Maybe it's meant to sound like that, I don't know, but for me it ruins an otherwise good track.

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #82,992 of 88,549

Anni with P6Pro was, not surprisingly, amazing, the perfect portable companion (if you don't stream).

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #82,993 of 88,549
I agree with @phiemon about the Anni. The boundless treble extension is what captures me but the rest is surpassed by other iems.

Plus it fails my Can a Sony DAP drive this? Test

I feel like you have to sit and live with an iem to truly get a feel for its abilities
If anything your brain adapts to it and it becomes hard to discern the differences. I'm of the either it is or it isn't camp.

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #82,994 of 88,549
I agree with @phiemon about the Anni. The boundless treble extension is what captures me but the rest is surpassed by other iems.

Plus it fails my Can a Sony DAP drive this? Test

If anything your brain adapts to it and it becomes hard to discern the differences. I'm of the either it is or it isn't camp.
Well, I have many different iems that I love and live with, and I can very easily discern the difference between them a lot better than if I just tried them for five minutes

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #82,995 of 88,549
Effect Audio Centurion
In Japan, I listened both Shirogane ultimate 4w and EA Centurion with my Apx, thanks to e-earphone Akihabara and Fujiya-avic stores.
Both cables are incredible The choice between them is very difficult. Finally the sound signature of EA centurion suits more to me : frenzied and silky rhythm.
thanks very much for the detailed explanation.
I sometimes feel the treble of APX is a bit too bright, so silver cable may not be very ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back