The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 21, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #81,887 of 91,373
The CP622B really spoiled me for the mids, i was (still am) a huge fan of the Anni because of its treble, but in comparison the mids are not as buttery liquid honey.
On the other hand, the Canpur doesn't have the treble extension i crave.
I guess there is nothing that combines those things, is there? Loki looked interesting, dunno.
What about the other flagship of Elysian Acoustic after the Annihilator nowadays? Is the "X" discontinued or is something new in the making?
Join our meetup and you can demo Legend X, Raven, etc.

drftr

Feb 21, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #81,888 of 91,373
I've tried the European distributor in Spain a few times but they're not bothered.

drftr
I really like it a lot. Bass light but very smooth and musical. The only thing holding me back from owning it is the locking bolt and faceplate that dug into my pinna. Perhaps some tip rolling could solve the problem.

Hope the European distributor would come through for you in the near future.

Feb 21, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #81,889 of 91,373
Looking at 3 options for a new toy for my collection. Which of these do the great and good of the watercooler tribe think would be my best purchase?

1. ibasso DC elite

2. Luxury and Precision W4

And the wild card in the options
3.Sony ZX707(Japanese edition)
The DC Elite is probably candidate for best gear of the year for me. The value proposition is off the charts and it sounds better than many DAP's hovering around the 1K mark.

Its shortcomings? Well, can't use Wavelet/ AutoEQ as I can with DAP's, and the volume wheel isn't as practical as click buttons.

The main pro's are versatility (not being bound by a DAP) with my smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc & just very good dynamic sound without much coloration.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 21, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #81,890 of 91,373
I really like it a lot. Bass light but very smooth and musical. The only thing holding me back from owning it is the locking bolt and faceplate that dug into my pinna. Perhaps some tip rolling could solve the problem.

Hope the European distributor would come through for you in the near future.
I like them a lot but found them a tad lean and bright. With the right chamber I could see them outdoing Perpetua though.

drftr

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #81,891 of 91,373
They’re currently developing the Dio
why did you say that name

1708531729222.png

...I'm sorry I'll see myself out...

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #81,894 of 91,373
Funny It matches the estimate for a new home solar plus battery system. 🙃

I won't judge it without having heard it, and I likely never will. I heard back from Andrew already. These will not be stocked and are only shipping when a customer orders them. So there's no demo units and no inventory ready to ship.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #81,895 of 91,373
I won't judge it without having heard it, and I likely never will. I heard back from Andrew already. These will not be stocked and are only shipping when a customer orders them. So there's no demo units and no inventory ready to ship.
No judgement from my end as I do spend a lot on this hobby. It was by coincidence the # was looking earlier today. So it just made me laugh

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #81,896 of 91,373
I like them a lot but found them a tad lean and bright. With the right chamber I could see them outdoing Perpetua though.

drftr
ACT47 was the first HS2000mx chamber I could finally connect with. Signature still leans bright, but treble peaks are gone so overall presentation is smoother. Not sure if that justifies the increase in price though, I'd probably get the FW10000. Big YMMV.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #81,898 of 91,373
My Dunu Falcon Ultras have me seriously considering selling my EE Odin.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #81,899 of 91,373

Users who are viewing this thread

Back