The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 18, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #74,026 of 91,358
Anyone know if Lime Ears has anything in the works? Haven't seen much discussion about them for some time.

No idea. The founder was at Canjam London 2023 with an updated version of the Anima flagship (just hanging with the Elise Audio crew) and the website seems to be silent about 'a revision' so could have been an experiment still

Dec 18, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #74,027 of 91,358
Reminds me of the Lime Ears Aether:

Aether-R-Universal-600x600.jpg

I really regret selling my Model X & Aether R. Anyone know if Lime Ears has anything in the works? Haven't seen much discussion about them for some time.

I believe a tweaked Anima.

Dec 18, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #74,028 of 91,358
Posting here because it means exposure. I decided to purge my universal line up because eh fit is not good enough.

But then I saw @wazzupi RH listed

So please do a brother a favor and pick up that U12t or Odin so I can buy it

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #74,029 of 91,358
Interesting take. I have never perceived Chang as being someone to self promote himself or his company in any way. In fact, his reputation is just the opposite and given the quality of their products, they could use more and better marketing.

I agree, that's a general percieved impression of the person (Chang). No problem with him at all. But this specific post has a clear different take to it. So, I'm not calling out the person, but the specific post.

I agree. The aforementioned post was more of his viewpoints vs an actual promotion of the Storm which isn’t even for sale at the current moment. Chang isn’t the first vendor on here that talked about product design objectives and that’s more than welcome here. We’ve had Hiby and Cayin discuss their DAP development on here before.

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #74,030 of 91,358
I agree. The aforementioned post was more of his viewpoints vs an actual promotion of the Storm which isn’t even for sale at the current moment. Chang isn’t the first vendor on here that talked about product design objectives and that’s more than welcome here. We’ve had Hiby and Cayin discuss their DAP development on here before.
Yup, I like it when manufacturer can share their story behind their new products and what they want to achieve 😁
I won't consider it a promotion, but more like they're sharing their vision and mission so we understand their product. Or is that count as a promotion? 😂🤣
Maybe it depends on how they deliver it. Sometimes there are people blessed with a good marketing skill so they can conceal their intention so well so we didn't realize it 🤭

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #74,032 of 91,358
Posting here because it means exposure. I decided to purge my universal line up because eh fit is not good enough.

But then I saw @wazzupi RH listed

So please do a brother a favor and pick up that U12t or Odin so I can buy it
What RH? I hope you get a buyer ASAP 😁
As for U12t u can easily sell it to someone on headphones.com 🤭

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #74,033 of 91,358
What RH? I hope you get a buyer ASAP 😁
As for U12t u can easily sell it to someone on headphones.com 🤭
You spoke too soon. U12t is gone as well.

Aggressive pricing and willing to take loses in this is such a first world problem 😂

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #74,035 of 91,358
You spoke too soon. U12t is gone as well.

Aggressive pricing and willing to take loses in this is such a first world problem 😂
Damn! Nice 👍🏼

Now you can get @wazzupi RH!!

Now someone buy my Trifecta!!!

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #74,038 of 91,358
What happened bro? IIRC you sold your Perpetua and now Trifecta too?
Changes bro! Just time for a lineup change. I will miss it dearly but I have to sell to buy others and I have my eye on a few other sets…namely, VE X, P0 and Omnium!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #74,039 of 91,358
Here's my question...is having multiple drivers in IEM's a gimmick or not?

Some of the highest prices IEM's only have one or two drivers per side, while some have as many as 14 per side(maybe more).
Based on the big 5 or even big 3 of TOTL IEM list, I guess it's not a gimmick. And what IEM did you mean that has high price but only has one or two driver? FitEar stuff?

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #74,040 of 91,358
Based on the big 5 or even big 3 of TOTL IEM list, I guess it's not a gimmick. And what IEM did you mean that has high price but only has one or two driver? FitEar stuff?
And Trifecta, Perpetua, Forte, etc…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back