The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 4, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #62,416 of 91,364
I too do not really know or appreciate graphs and just go but what I like to listen to but I do understand that some people just have no access. Based on your list though, I would not have thought that Blanc is more aggressive than Ragnar in the treble but you have just proved otherwise. Just goes to show that we do hear things so different and that the sense of hearing is can be so divisive.
Actually fourte blanc to my ears is also pretty treble intense.

I cant stand it with some songs, but when it does click. Its amazing. The term “sparkly” has been used on this forum, and for me this IEM is exactly that. ( but with bass added 😋 )

Aug 4, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #62,417 of 91,364
Based on your list though, I would not have thought that Blanc is more aggressive than Ragnar in the treble but you have just proved otherwise.
I think, you have to differentiate between more energy or pronounced tuning and frequency peaks. Ragnar is very good balanced here with a good amount of energy. Trifecta (or some of the other IEMs I mentioned) are overemphasized in some frequency areas (not only the highs). It’s like they didn’t managed to resemble the different drivers.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #62,418 of 91,364
Actually fourte blanc to my ears is also pretty treble intense.

I cant stand it with some songs, but when it does click. Its amazing. The term “sparkly” has been used on this forum, and for me this IEM is exactly that. ( but with bass added 😋 )
I think, you have to differentiate between more energy or pronounced tuning and frequency peaks. Ragnar is very good balanced here with a good amount of energy. Trifecta (or some of the other IEMs I mentioned) are overemphasized in some frequency areas (not only the highs). It’s like they didn’t managed to resemble the different drivers.

I have to agree here. As much as I liked Trifecta - I bought it two times because of the special tuning -, in the end I sold it both times not only, but also because of the treble. The problem I had was not so much with quantity, but with quality, I just could not listen over. With Viking Ragnar I had no problems in that regard, which is a wonder considering the quantity. The technicalities were not on top level for me personally either, second dealbreaker. Source: SP3000.

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #62,419 of 91,364
I’m home after a fantastic holiday - eagerly awaiting the DHL van pulling up with Singularity 😬 In the meantime, thoroughly enjoying time with LPGT Ti and Camelot, still my favourite IEM all these months later - it’s great to appreciate after two weeks as I had neither with me.

IMG_6881.jpeg

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #62,420 of 91,364
Dita Celeste: A Brief Review

Celeste is DITA Audio’s first foray into the high-end aftermarket cable market and it is a home run.

IMG_2712.jpeg

Celeste is made in collaboration with Kondo Audio Note. In case you have not heard of Kondo Audio Note, they are a revered Japanese audiophile equipment manufacturer well-regarded for their unique craftsmanship with silver cables.

IMG_2707.jpeg

Kondo is a name one usually does not associate with the word “affordable”. Their cheapest amplifier costs 12,500 euros and their flagship product prices are often in five digits.

Kondo makes 4n silver cables and they are very expensive if bought separately as raw materials.

Now here is an interesting tidbit. Although 7n silver is advertised enthusiastically by some manufacturers, it does not exist in reality and even 6n silver exists only in laboratory environments, as far as I am told.

Kondo does not take part in any sort of misleading advertisement and marketed the cable as it is: 4n.

IMG_2713.jpeg

Kondo silver strands are generally intended for internal wiring and implementing them in a headphone/ IEM cable is quite the undertaking. But DITA has managed to do it with and their execution has been extraordinary.

Other highlights:
· Priced at $2799, available in both MMCX and 2 pin
· Continues the tradition of Perpetua’s lavish packaging. Double-boxed and housed in the same overbuilt, pressure cooker style DITA carrying case that comes with the Perpetua.

IMG_2709.jpeg

· Celeste is a fabric sheathed cable using high quality white colored cotton. The white is beautiful and looks as pristine as mother’s milk.
· It is a modular cable and features DITA’s awesome plug version 2. You can change terminations between 3.5mm, 4.4mm and 2.5mm on the fly.
· Comparison with PWaudio FT and Effect Audio Centurion:

First Times has a bit more mid bass and air frequency boost but Celeste sounds more fluid and organic. Vocals are more forward and sweeter and string instruments sound more natural on the celeste.

Celeste also sounds deeper and wider and it’s amazing three-dimensional holography rivals the Effect Audio Centurion, although, in this case, I compared them during a short session over a few tracks. I found that the Celeste holds its own against the Centurion.

While the Centurion has great clarity and extension, the Celeste has a pristine natural sound with great holography. Bass is tight, treble is smooth and midrange is very, very natural.

Kudos Dita. I am a fan. 🙏🏻

IMG_2705.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #62,421 of 91,364
I’m home after a fantastic holiday - eagerly awaiting the DHL van pulling up with Singularity 😬 In the meantime, thoroughly enjoying time with LPGT Ti and Camelot, still my favourite IEM all these months later - it’s great to appreciate after two weeks as I had neither with me.

IMG_6881.jpeg
Scuba!! I miss your music recs!! 🫣

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #62,422 of 91,364
I have to agree here. As much as I liked Trifecta - I bought it two times because of the special tuning -, in the end I sold it both times not only, but also because of the treble. The problem I had was not so much with quantity, but with quality, I just could not listen over. With Viking Ragnar I had no problems in that regard, which is a wonder considering the quantity. The technicalities were not on top level for me personally either, second dealbreaker. Source: SP3000.
I can see that. I do agree Trifecta technicalities are not commensurate with the price and in fact, the Perpetua sometimes sounds more technical to me, not in all ways, but in certain ways.

I do think the Trifecta has poor synergy with AK DAPs I have tried including the SP3K.

But then again, it is a fun flavored IEM, and I know many who dislike it even off different sources. To each her own. 🙂

Aug 4, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #62,423 of 91,364
Scuba!! I miss your music recs!! 🫣

I had this one on repeat over the last couple of weeks, fantastic album!

Oh and this also - spectacular compilation.

Aug 4, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #62,425 of 91,364
Aug 4, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #62,426 of 91,364

Celeste is DITA Audio’s first foray into the high-end aftermarket cable market and it is a home run.

IMG_2712.jpeg

Celeste is made in collaboration with Kondo Audio Note. In case you have not heard of Kondo Audio Note, they are a revered Japanese audiophile equipment manufacturer well-regarded for their unique craftsmanship with silver cables.

IMG_2707.jpeg

Kondo is a name one usually does not associate with the word “affordable”. Their cheapest amplifier costs 12,500 euros and their flagship product prices are often in five digits.

Kondo makes 4n silver cables and they are very expensive if bought separately as raw materials.

Now here is an interesting tidbit. Although 7n silver is advertised enthusiastically by some manufacturers, it does not exist in reality and even 6n silver exists only in laboratory environments, as far as I am told.

Kondo does not take part in any sort of misleading advertisement and marketed the cable as it is: 4n.

IMG_2713.jpeg

Kondo silver strands are generally intended for internal wiring and implementing them in a headphone/ IEM cable is quite the undertaking. But DITA has managed to do it with and their execution has been extraordinary.

Other highlights:
· Continues the tradition of Perpetua’s lavish packaging. Double-boxed and housed in the same overbuilt, pressure cooker style DITA carrying case that comes with the Perpetua.

IMG_2709.jpeg

· Celeste is a fabric sheathed cable using high quality white colored cotton. The white is beautiful and looks as pristine as mother’s milk.
· It is a modular cable and features DITA’s awesome plug version 2. You can change terminations between 3.5mm, 4.4mm and 2.5mm on the fly.

First Times has a bit more mid bass and air frequency boost but Celeste sounds more fluid and organic. Vocals are more forward and sweeter and string instruments sound more natural on the celeste.

Celeste also sounds deeper and wider and it’s amazing three-dimensional holography rivals the Effect Audio Centurion, although, in this case, I compared them during a short session over a few tracks. I found that the Celeste holds its own against the Centurion.

While the Centurion has great clarity and extension, the Celeste has a pristine natural sound with great holography. Bass is tight, treble is smooth and midrange is very, very natural.

IMG_2705.jpeg
I was always hoping someone would test this cable. You've even tested it with two other top cables as well. Thanks so much for the effort!

Aug 4, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #62,427 of 91,364
Singularity is here 💥

Thank you to @SoundJedi of Elise Audio for the fantastic service - a pleasure to buy from you!

I’m only listening about ten minutes, and absolutely understand why these have such massive praise - utterly fantastic… I’ll share further impressions in due course, but the bass is absolutely incredible! I’m blown away…

IMG_6884.jpeg

IMG_6885.jpeg

IMG_6896.jpeg

IMG_6891.jpeg

IMG_6889.jpeg

IMG_6898.jpeg

IMG_6899.jpeg

Aug 4, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #62,428 of 91,364

IMG_2712.jpeg

IMG_2707.jpeg

IMG_2713.jpeg

Other highlights:

IMG_2709.jpeg

IMG_2705.jpeg
Thanks for the update on this cable. So beautiful, but I wonder about the worry I'm certain I would have trying to keep the white cotton sheath clean and pristine, even with just general exposure to my handling. It is a beautiful cable, though!

Aug 4, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #62,429 of 91,364
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #62,430 of 91,364
Arrival of the day 🤩

IMG_1640.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back