The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 6, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #58,141 of 89,505
That is so distressing. I feel for you. I hope you manage to sort it out and to find a Xe6.
PayPal have been very helpful. I've posted a THREAD detailing the scammer and reported to to the admins.

Was really looking forward to getting that XE6 😭

May 6, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #58,142 of 89,505
PayPal have been very helpful. I've posted a THREAD detailing the scammer and reported to to the admins.

Good to hear that PayPal has been helpful. Eases the anxiety a little I hope.

May 6, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #58,143 of 89,505

Hope it’s resolved for you soon, awful to have this fraud going on in our community.

May 6, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #58,145 of 89,505
Just wanted to give love to AüR Audio Aure with Wagnus Woodland Sheep cable & H570 eartips. Great synergy for a vocal focused IEM with DD bass. Throw it on a Sony ZX707 DAP with Sound Tiger Amp and you got pure audio bliss.
20230505_234336.jpg
Hello, could you say a little more about the Tigers sound? I am listening to TGXears’ Totem and Serratus earbuds with a Cayin N7 pre- out into a Oriolus BA300S amp. I like the Oriolus amp but am curious. Do you think the Tiger amp would be a good fit?

May 6, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #58,146 of 89,505
A word to the wise ….

View any potential seller’s or purchaser’s profile by clicking on their user name and then from there, their posting activity.
If you find someone who has been inactive for an extended period (years) this should set the alarm bells ringing.

Have a look at pervious posts, generally you can compare the tone and language of prior posts relative to recent activity.
If you find someone who engaged with meaningful contributions and now posts single sentence comments, that should also raise a red flag.
But generally, tells such as language, punctuation or writing style changes should also raise a red flag.

Also look at prior classifieds activity, often you see a previous member posts in one currency and now it’s in another or they were selling to Con USA only previously, but are now in Europe or vice versa, another red flag.

Also watch the users profile, it’s almost as if they are never off line, regardless of time zone.
When you click on the profile you can also see their current activity and what they are engaged in.
Another sure tell is they are corresponding with members who also have a WTB listing on the classifieds.
Watch their message count over say a 24 hour period, it can be another indicator of nefarious activity.

But above all, do your due diligence, don’t be blinded by the wonderful offer, as the old saying goes, “if it’s too good to be true, generally it’s not true!.

I’m genuinely sorry to read and have personal experiance of such scammers operating in this forum, but with a little forethought, you can help yourself not to be taken in by these gobshites.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #58,147 of 89,505
Hey guys! Been a while I posted here. Was sick for the past 10-12 days and haven't been frequenting Head-fi as much. But I managed to finish another review and thought I'll share it here too. Here's my take on HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) DAP and CR06 dock. Check it out if you're looking for a DAP around the $500 mark as this is the DAP I'd recommend as a jack of all trades that does most things right and very little wrong. Enjoy, cheers!

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #58,148 of 89,505
Sharing my review from L&P P6 Pro, cross-posting from the L&P thread. This device is old news to most of you, but it is my first exposure to TOTL DAP, and I must say I didn't expect to be that impressed. Not sure if I can live with the software though.
The L&P P6Pro is the base foundation of my IEM listening. I bought it used off the classifieds and have never looked back. The software, is rudimentary to say the least. But it gets the job done. Once you become hooked to this sound, it's hard to turn off.

May 6, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #58,149 of 89,505
Hello, could you say a little more about the Tigers sound? I am listening to TGXears’ Totem and Serratus earbuds with a Cayin N7 pre- out into a Oriolus BA300S amp. I like the Oriolus amp but am curious. Do you think the Tiger amp would be a good fit?

How is the Totem straight from the N7. I am thinking of getting the N7 but wonder if the power is enough. Through my Burson (which I am going to sell) the Totem are fantastic and a fair bit better than through my M6U.

May 6, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #58,150 of 89,505
How is the Totem straight from the N7. I am thinking of getting the N7 but wonder if the power is enough. Through my Burson (which I am going to sell) the Totem are fantastic and a fair bit better than through my M6U.
Hi S. The Totem sounds great straight from the N7. It actually has a larger soundstage than it does through my Oriolus amp, and the combination is hypnotic, with a slightly X-ray quality if that makes any sense. The tube output stage gives a smaller but more natural sense of space, adds body to instruments, controls the bass better, and just lends a more soulful quality to the proceedings. A more sophisticated and subtle sound than the N7-only, which is fun but a bit technicolor. The Oriolus does lose a bit of detail, but the trade off is well worth it IMO

May 6, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #58,151 of 89,505
Still gold…

As analytical as it is supposed to be, the pairing with the Odin’s are magical.

Hunt down an ALO CDM and pair it with Hugo2 in amp only mode, I think you'll be shocked given your tastes are similar to mine. Hugo2 technicalities with massive dynamics, increased air all around, increased bass impact, slightly more forward mids and awesome timbre. Nothing can compete with the effect of a high quality tube amp. I would put Hugo2 + CDM up against any modern DAP even though these have been out for many years. The only thing I'm looking for rn is a cable for Jewel, a Hugo3 in the near future and possibly new portable tube amps although the newest generation of audiophiles seems to have forgotten the magic of tubes which just aren't that feasible in a DAP size footprint which is why stepping up to a transportable setup is so awesome. Also pairing Hugo2 with a wireless device like the pi2aes will push the Hugo up even higher in technicalities as it will remove emi/rf completely and create a much darker background and more apparent micro-details in the form of texture.

Also what is the red and black cable you are using with Jewel? You mentioned it earlier but I can't find it now.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #58,152 of 89,505
My review published for the Nostalgia Audio 'Camelot'... definitely fit for a king :) I love this set which I think will be very clear in my review!

IMG_3938.jpg

May 6, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #58,153 of 89,505
Fibae F5_Hagukei Shadow_LPGT_Neighbor

IMG_4661.jpeg

May 6, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #58,155 of 89,505
Hunt down an ALO CDM and pair it with Hugo2 in amp only mode, I think you'll be shocked given your tastes are similar to mine. Hugo2 technicalities with massive dynamics, increased air all around, increased bass impact, slightly more forward mids and awesome timbre. Nothing can compete with the effect of a high quality tube amp. I would put Hugo2 + CDM up against any modern DAP even though these have been out for many years. The only thing I'm looking for rn is a cable for Jewel, a Hugo3 in the near future and possibly new portable tube amps although the newest generation of audiophiles seems to have forgotten the magic of tubes which just aren't that feasible in a DAP size footprint which is why stepping up to a transportable setup is so awesome. Also pairing Hugo2 with a wireless device like the pi2aes will push the Hugo up even higher in technicalities as it will remove emi/rf completely and create a much darker background and more apparent micro-details in the form of texture.

Also what is the red and black cable you are using with Jewel? You mentioned it earlier but I can't find it now.
Cayin C9 I’d also a cracking pairing with Hugo 2 if you’re after a warmer, more dynamic signature. I don’t use the Nutube mode too often but it does add another flavour to the already warm Class A / AB Modes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back