The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 11, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #42,376 of 88,587
Flipped it for 500$? Meaning they gave you 500$ discount for omitting this exclusive shielded premium silver cable? They should discount 1000$(?)🙆‍♂️
lol sorry I meant they bought the Blanc and sold the cable in the aftermarket themselves.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #42,377 of 88,587
lol sorry I meant they bought the Blanc and sold the cable in the aftermarket themselves.
Got it! That is legit audiophile rate—50% discounted price after unboxing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #42,378 of 88,587
Dec 11, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #42,379 of 88,587
Bass, hell yeah! Treble, not as much air as you would find in something like GAEA. Mid-treble peak gives you a decent definition so the sound is not too dark and uppers mids have a good retrieval of details. But, don't expect a lot of crunch and air, treble is more natural and on a smoother side. Bass and organic mids are the star of this tuning.
Dang this is like my PERFECT tuning profile, especially compared to what I didn't like about Turii Ti!
And if the stock cable is crap/does not include a stock cable we also complain. Or if the cable is too expensive ala Traillii we complain why does it have to be bundled :joy:

I like Fourte + Copper tho so I wasn't going to use silver anyway.

And if I think about kilobuck cables I think about stuff like EA Cleo II. That stock most definitely does not have a Cleo II performance level.
Is Cleo II a better cable than the new fancy 64A silver stock cable in your opinion?

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #42,380 of 88,587
Hello~

I had a chance to listen to Lime Ears Anima for a week from the tour that @Rockwell75 provided and wanted to share an impression.
I also had awesome opportunities with other tour kits from such as FiR audio and Vision Ears, however, nothing had put me in Awe than Anima.

This was probably the first time I choose to leave my U12T and Utopia alone and pick up something else for a long period of time.
I just couldn't stop listening to Anima but let's stop with me fanboying the Chunky Blue IEM, the new kid on the block, and spout some random gibberish that make sense :D

I mainly listen to kpop, pop, and rock pop, where this IEM surprisingly, did pretty awesomely.

The first thing that stood out was the space and airiness, ever since owning U12T, I can't listen to IEM that doesn't feel airy, but to my surprise; it was probably one of the spacious and airiness IEMs I have tried. Though, I feel that the large sound stage comes from the fact that the IEM can't go too deep into my ear canal, and sticks out a little. Nevertheless, in terms of performance, it has a large sound stage than most IEMs I had tried, other than maybe Traillii (The Bird) which gave me a weird sense of space. The layering is very solid and very well presented so that you know that vocals are separated from the instrument. (enough that you know that there is "space" between them)

The vocals are very cleanly presented, I feel as though this is vocal forward but it's not a focal point like Monarch MK2. There is nothing too much to complain about the Vocals though I feel like there is a slight boost in the 2k area which causes it to be slightly off from what I am used to. Definitely, not as much as Odin or LX (traditional EE tuning), but just enough that you do get more presence than tonal balance. Positive note, there is no sibilant :D

The bass on this thing is amazing. There are so many textures and colors that it made most of the songs I listen to more enjoyable. What I mean by textures and colors is that the bass is quite THICK and FUN? However, these are not bass canon, it has a thick and firm bass texture, but the quantity is on the lower side. You do get a healthy amount of bass but not enough to bulge through the vocals and instruments. I believe this is more sub bass oriented than a natural mid to sub bass transition, because the size and quantity of air on subbass are definitely greater. But is this like Monarch Mk1 or Mk2? No, definitely not, even though mid bass is not at the same level as sub bass, it still has a thick texture, which was a breath of fresh air.

Even though I really enjoy almost everything about this IEM, the biggest gripe I had was the lacking presence on some of the symbals on drums. Its splashy-ish but it lacks presence, I just have no other word than that. it's definitely doesn't feel dark? but at the same time, it's like where is my CHANG CHANG :'(

Overall, this is a very interesting IEM that it was a breath of fresh air that want to stick out of reference tuning and stand on its own term. It is very capable and technical, it presents to you all the totl details that some OCD listeners would want and also give you a different taste than what reference tuning would bring in a good way!

I had so much fun with the IEM that I had to share what I experience :D
Hope everyone have a wonderful weekend~

Attachments

• anima_1.jpg
    anima_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • anima_2.jpg
    anima_2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #42,382 of 88,587
Is Cleo II a better cable than the new fancy 64A silver stock cable in your opinion?
For me yes. I think Cleo is technicay superior. However I also think Cleo's warm, smooth ans bodied signature matches my preference much more than the thinner 64 cable sound.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #42,383 of 88,587
That's gotta be just a publicity exercise...no way someone can listen to that many IEMs in one sitting and obtain anything beyond the most superficial impressions.
That's how Crin has always reviewed. He takes measurements, has a listen, makes notes and posts impressions. Not unusual for him to 'review' a dozen IEMs in one sitting. You think he spends weeks with IEMs to get his ratings? Not possible with so many IEMs to cover.

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #42,384 of 88,587
Well it’s nearing the end of the year and I have been keeping tabs on my favorite albums of 2022. I shared last year and everyone seemed to enjoy it and I love seeing others lists as well. Hope you all share!!
Here is mine, anything in bold is my top choices within the genres. If any new albums come out that I love I’ll be sure to add to the list :)

Favorite Albums of 2022

Pop/ Rock/ Singer Songwriter/Folk

Arny Margaret- They only talk about the Weather

Just Mustard- Heart Under

Beth Orton- Weather Alive

The Beatles- Revolver(super deluxe)

Sharon Van Etten-We’ve Been Going About This All Wrong

Tomberlin- I don’t know who needs to hear this…

Angel Olsen- Big Time

Katie Kim- Hour of The Ox

Florist- ST

Gilla Band- Most Normal

Alvvays- Blue Rev

Indigo Sparke- Hysteria

Kevin Morby- This is A Photograph

Yves Jarvis- The Zug

Alex G- God Save The Animals

Chat Pile- God’s Country

Julia Jacklin- Pre Pleasure

The Smile- A Light for Attracting Attention

Fontaines D.C.- Skinty Fia

Beach House- Once Twice Melody

Black Country, New Road- Ants From Up There

Cate Le Bon- Pompeii

Animal Collective- Time Skiffs

Pedro The Lion- Havasu

Big Thief- Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You

S.G. Goodman- Teeth Marks

Diiv- Live

Claire days- Emotional Territory

Weyes Blood- And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow

Neil Young & Crazy Horse- World Record

Dream Unending- Song of Salvation

Astrel K- Flickering i

Greg Freeman- I looked out

Anna Mieke- Theatre

Anthony Green- Boom. Done.

Classical/Opera

Max Richter- The New Four Seasons

Caroline Shaw- Evergreen

Matteo Myderwyk- Veluwe Suite

WeinBerg- Sonatas for Violin Solo

Rachel Podger- Tutta Sola

Haydn- Symphonies Nos. 6,7,8 “Le Matin”, Le midi”, “Le Soir”

Debussy- Pelleas et Melisande

Maria Callas- Callas Sings French Arias

Jazz

The Bad Plus- ST

Keith Jarrett- Bordeaux Concert(live)

Makaya McCraven- In These Times, International Anthem

Tord Gustavsen Trio- Opening

Tom Skinner-Voices of Bishara

Arild Andersen Group- Affirmation

Laufey- Everything I know about love

Leland Whitty- Anyhow

Matthew Halsall- Changing Earth

Electronic/Ambient

Junior Boys- Waiting Game

Maria Chiara Argiro- Forest City

Rachika Nayar- Heaven come Crashing

Loraine James- Building Something Beautiful for Me

Daniel Avery- Ultra Truth

Nosaj Thing- Continua

Dawn Richard/Spencer Zahn- Pigments

Duval Timothy- Meeting with a Judas Tree

Bruno Sanfilippo- Redes

Fabric Selects- I (various artists)

Romance- Once Upon a Time

R&B/Soul/Funk

Sudan Archives- Natural Brown Prom Queen

Bobby Oroza- Get on The Otherside

Nick Hakim- Cometa

Sault- II

World

Natalia LaFourcade- De Todas las Flores

Lucrecia Dalt- Ay!

Mabe Fratti- Se Ve Desde Aquí
Epic tunes for 2022, bears an uncanny resemblance to many of my own faves!
That's how Crin has always reviewed. He takes measurements, has a listen, makes notes and posts impressions. Not unusual for him to 'review' a dozen IEMs in one sitting. You think he spends weeks with IEMs to get his ratings? Not possible with so many IEMs to cover.
Someone posted his video in the FiR thread, as he had a couple of words on Kr5 and Ne4. I really think he mixed them up based on what he says, if he listened to them more than 5 minutes I'd be surprised.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #42,386 of 88,587
Epic tunes for 2022, bears an uncanny resemblance to many of my own faves!

Someone posted his video in the FiR thread, as he had a couple of words on Kr5 and Ne4. I really think he mixed them up based on what he says, if he listened to them more than 5 minutes I'd be surprised.
Ah! That explains why the U12t, Annihilator, and Z1R are in his top 4!

Sorry, gotta go now!

Ruuuuuunnnnnn!!!

drftr

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #42,387 of 88,587
Eclipse ordered as my new toy for under the tree on Christmas Day… wish me luck in having willpower to hold till then :)

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #42,388 of 88,587
Eclipse ordered as my new toy for under the tree on Christmas Day… wish me luck in having willpower to hold till then :)
You keep amazing the planet! Is this the 4th one you bought after you said you wouldn't buy anything until year's end 2 weeks ago? Or did I miss 1 or 2?

The good news is there's 20 more days to go! Ha ha!

drftr

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #42,390 of 88,587
Speaking from my own experience, it is impossible to make a full verdict of an iem after one listening session.

It takes numerous sessions as well as taking the time to tip roll and source match to properly evaluate an iem. I cannot count the number of times my opinion of an iem changed. Even my beloved Odin didn't get much appreciation from me until my third or fourth time trying out the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back