The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 1, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #41,386 of 90,706
It's hard to keep up with all his cables with no website. I did try the copper graphene on VE Elysium and it's too much of a good thing. There's a big boost in bass but it is more mid-bass & not sub-bass also it's not quite right like your asking the bass to do more than it was intended to do. Mids were deliciously rich and full. Treble seemed a little tame. Due to the tight fit of Elysium, I find heavy cables do not sit comfortably on my ears so going back to 4-wire EA Cleopatra. :sunglasses::relaxed::smirk:
I get what you mean about certain cables asking the Elysium to do more than what it is designed to do. I have had a few cables where it really feels that way and the synergy is just not quite right -- the Chiron is one of those cables (thankfully because I absolutely love having it with the Traillii).

I am actually quite curious about this combination of Cleopatra and Elysium, how did you find that match up to work for you? I have been mildly eye-ing the Cleopatra 8-wire, but I am definitely a one-cable per IEM kind of person and I don't have an IEM I can pair it up with yet. 😂

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #41,387 of 90,706
I am actually quite curious about this combination of Cleopatra and Elysium, how did you find that match up to work for you? I have been mildly eye-ing the Cleopatra 8-wire, but I am definitely a one-cable per IEM kind of person and I don't have an IEM I can pair it up with yet. 😂
I've tried a lot of cables with Elysium and the 4-wire Cleopatra is the best so far. It adds bass punch, excellent mids and good detail in the treble with no harshness. Nice wide sound stage nice height and good depth. I have not tried 8 wire. Using it right now as my Blues iem. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #41,388 of 90,706
I've tried a lot of cables with Elysium and the 4-wire Cleopatra is the best so far. It adds bass punch, excellent mids and good detail in the treble with no harshness. Nice wide sound stage nice height and good depth. I have not tried 8 wire. Using it right now as my Blues iem. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Oh no. This is bad for my wallet.

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #41,389 of 90,706
Thanks to the munificence of Coolerite @SteveK27 I am privileged to experience this most illustrious of cables and good God it sounds nice with Supermoon-- it adds a nice dose of analogue body to the mids and eliminates all trace of glare and digital character to the timbre of Supermoon to my ears. A hell of a price to pay for more bodied mids though lmao

87DB9D9B-7B84-4208-BC0A-E0D9A8746D34.JPEG

Very grateful for this opportunity.
YOU RECEIVED IT!!
I hope you continue to enjoy them as much as I did! 😊

Dec 1, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #41,390 of 90,706
Mini-cooler meetup with @drftr aka Joop.

11am - Hello! Quick introductions and catchup and off to lunch we go.

Walked to a nearby food street where we each had a salad followed by a drink at Starbucks.

IMG_2166.jpg

1300 - Joop in my office getting acquainted with some of my collection.

IMG_2168.jpg

Joop then showing me his empty box explaining that he had sold his U18t! In his other hand are some of the iems that he was about to blow his mind with!

IMG_2167.jpg

Joop is here in my office as I am updating head-fi. He will be here till Tuesday next week where he will make his way to Singapore to pick up his special edition Sultans!
So after a four session auditioning the following, the champion is the Mentor. @drftr officially hates me and wonders what excuse he is going to give to Jaben for not wanting the Sultan! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 🤣:ksc75smile:

IMG_2170.jpg

Dec 1, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #41,392 of 90,706
What are your rankings after Mentor?
That is the ranking of @drftr. My No. 1 is currently Odyssey. I will let @drftr inform his other rankings though I do know his 2nd is Noble Audio Sultan.

From the picture, my ranking is as follows:

Odyssey>Blanc>Mentor>Xe6>Traillii

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #41,393 of 90,706
That is the ranking of @drftr. My No. 1 is currently Odyssey. I will let @drftr inform his other rankings though I do know his 2nd is Noble Audio Sultan.

From the picture, my ranking is as follows:

Odyssey>Blanc>Mentor>Xe6>Traillii
Interesting! You’ve got to love how varied peoples rankings are.

Dec 1, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #41,395 of 90,706
Mini-cooler meetup with @drftr aka Joop.

11am - Hello! Quick introductions and catchup and off to lunch we go.

Walked to a nearby food street where we each had a salad followed by a drink at Starbucks.

1300 - Joop in my office getting acquainted with some of my collection.

Joop then showing me his empty box explaining that he had sold his U18t! In his other hand are some of the iems that he was about to blow his mind with!

Joop is here in my office as I am updating head-fi. He will be here till Tuesday next week where he will make his way to Singapore to pick up his special edition Sultans!
So after a four session auditioning the following, the champion is the Mentor. @drftr officially hates me and wonders what excuse he is going to give to Jaben for not wanting the Sultan! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: 🤣:ksc75smile:

Great stuff! Looks like you guys are having a blast. 😁
Yeah I get you! PC gaming has many hurdles to go over but in the end it has a lot going for it :)

The used market for amd gpus is pretty good right now... Just sayin:wink:
You do get many ps games for pc now and there will be more in the future :)
There are also a lot of games I like that are pretty much exclusive to PC or don't work well on a console. For instance, I bought Cities Skylines for the PS4 and it just doesn't work as well as it does on a PC. Plus, if and when I get a new camera, I also want a proper suite of photo editing software and that probably requires a PC as well. Then of course I need a new screen, because I wouldn't want to game in anything less than 4K. And to complete the setup I will need a serious desktop setup and maybe new headphones for the ultimate gaming experience. And down we go...
rabbit-hole-alice-in-wonderland.gif

😂

Dec 1, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #41,396 of 90,706
Great stuff! Looks like you guys are having a blast. 😁
We definitely enjoyed the catch-up, the getting to know each other better, and the sharing of audio experiences! The Cooler is gold. The meet-ups are the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #41,397 of 90,706
I love the photo!!
@drftr its good to see you guys together here 😊
Just a quick word of warning: If you ever have the chance to meet up with this @yaps66 guy, DON'T!!! Not only may you end up losing 6.5 hours of your precious time like I did, but it may also become your most expensive meeting ever because of his... uhm... goodies! More later. As in...

How will I tell my mom?

I get what you mean about certain cables asking the Elysium to do more than what it is designed to do. I have had a few cables where it really feels that way and the synergy is just not quite right -- the Chiron is one of those cables (thankfully because I absolutely love having it with the Traillii).
But what if Elysium was developed with this cable in mind??

drftr

Dec 1, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #41,399 of 90,706
Interesting! You’ve got to love how varied peoples rankings are.
Yes and how varied musical tastes are.
Still we see past that and remain friends.

Last night I had trouble sleeping and decided to listen to some music in bed, in hopes that would slow down my mind. Gaspar Claus and the Mason FS using the M8 did the trick, listened to Tancade in its entirety. This recording is made of mostly acoustic string instruments, that BC effect, at first I thought was going to wake me up more, I needed to leave the unproductive mind castle in which I had been dwelling, after the last quiet women’s voice of the last track, sleep 💤.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #41,400 of 90,706
But what if Elysium was developed with this cable in mind??

drftr
😱

Also went into an audio shop with the full intention to just trial some amps and the Cleopatra 8W and came away with a heavily discounted AK CA1000 instead... This hobby is lethal 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back