The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 22, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #38,507 of 88,599
Seems like Christmas came early wherever you're residing 🤭
There was snow in your own country a few days ago my friend! You had to be in Seoraksan towards the North Korean side, but you could definitely have played Santa Claus for unexpecting visitors like myself. I hear Orpheus cables are a favourite gift this time of year!

drftr

Oct 22, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #38,508 of 88,599
There was snow in your own country a few days ago my friend! You had to be in Seoraksan towards the North Korean side, but you could definitely have played Santa Claus for unexpecting visitors like myself. I hear Orpheus cables are a favourite gift this time of year!

drftr
I did hear about this actually!!

Problem is im not a fan of cold weather and im already waiting for spring to come 🥲

Oct 22, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #38,509 of 88,599

drftr
I think this year he wants an Odyssey. :santa: :santa: :L3000:

Oct 22, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #38,510 of 88,599
I did hear about this actually!!

Problem is im not a fan of cold weather and im already waiting for spring to come 🥲
Some people bury their turtles (cold-blooded) during Winter and dig them up again come Spring. I'm here to help you out should you want to give it a try 😎

drftr

Oct 22, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #38,511 of 88,599
I'm in Calgary and this is the Pre-Halloween Trick!!!! :robot::skull::smile_cat::santa:
Nice. I used to work in DT Calgary. Chinooks! Here in the west coast we've experienced some unusual warm and dry weather lately. There's more dead grass in parks from the lack of rain. I was wearing a T-shirt up until now. It's finally starting to get colder.

Oct 22, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #38,512 of 88,599
Screenshot_20221021-231658_Gallery.jpg

Tested it out. Not the biggest difference, but I like the mild bass boost that I get for Ragnar & Elysian X which are on the airer side. I was not so fond of it on the XE6.

Nice impressions. I agree about Ragnar needing burn in time, the bass has opened up after 150+ hours on it. What I like the most about it is how it uses its large soundstage to render instruments in its own space with clarity. Traillii and Ragnar both share that characteristic. The difference is that the Traillii leans musical while Ragnar leans analytical. Strings with classical music is magical 🤌. I can hear the tiniest nuances (the bow quivering, the movement of the strings)

The stock cable was also on the intense side for me. It could be a source related thing.

Excited for your full review. @SteveK27 is arranging an Orpheus demo, keen on hearing the Ragnar & Orphy combo.
Have you tried Ragnar's stock cable with Xe6? :) If no, can you do that for me, please? My Xe6 is on a trip abroad.

Oct 22, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #38,513 of 88,599
What iem's has the best synergy with SP3000 so far? I too interested with UM Multiverse Mentor, has anyone pair it with SP3000?
I like Z1R.

Oct 22, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #38,514 of 88,599
Astell & Kern Pathfinder
These weren't on my radar at all but they really impressed me. They are very sparkly up top - which happens to be an IEM tuning guilty pleasure I've always had a weakness for, they featured terrific bass impact and an extremely wide, open soundstage. I didn't listen for long enough to detect if coherency is an issue or not, but nothing jumped out in that regard. Physically they are gorgeous, extremely well made and quite small compared to some of the TOTL hybrids. The cable felt unacceptably cheap however, and I would feel compelled to change it. That said I do hope to audition these again, and don't always find myself saying that.
Nice to see Pathfinder getting noticed. I also liked it but think source will be a critical factor to smoothing out some of the top end edginess on the treble and upper mids.

Oct 22, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #38,516 of 88,599
Maybe Is OT,but for users Who use a portable dac like mojo 2,and connect It trought an Android phone...no application (uapp, neutron, poweramp) allows you to raise or lower the volume from the physical buttons of the phone in the background or with the screen off.
the slider works only by typing individually, but if I hold down to lower or raise the volume without going to step, no application allows it.
the problem I guess is of the android system.
have any of you encountered this problem?

Oct 22, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #38,517 of 88,599
I don’t have my Mentor yet, but from what I’ve heard with my gear and SP3000 it would be the Jewel or Annihilator that has the best match with SP3000.
In my quest for iem's right now I think i'm leaning towards Jewel for its reference neutral tuning, if Jewel is a good match with SP3000 that's a good news.

UM Multiverse Mentor has a beautiful design though, but I don't know about the sound tuning, I wish I can try it.

Oct 22, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #38,518 of 88,599
Oct 22, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #38,519 of 88,599
Oct 22, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #38,520 of 88,599
What is cable to get for Jewel, PW Audio FT (non shielding) or Eletech Ode To Laura? For best sound synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back