The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 2, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #3,691 of 90,282
But that's the exact reason why they should make it optionable! If they're willing to put cables of different length or with different connectors in a box it proves the point that it's not about that one extra action. Everything in life is optionable. Except cables. End-of-rant.

drftr
Yea we disagree, so be it. Again I just wouldn't discount them as a company just because they won't sell without a cable. If that's your criteria, you might be hard pressed to find anything.

Nov 2, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #3,692 of 90,282
Yea we disagree, so be it. Again I just wouldn't discount them as a company just because they won't sell without a cable. If that's your criteria, you might be hard pressed to find anything.
My major gripe with them was that they said "Yes, you're able to fully customize the product" and then finding out that it wouldn't be the face plate, nor the cable, nor the modules included, while those were the only 3 things I would want to change in ANY product, and in this case especially given their customization remark. Call it disappointment but that's all.

drftr

Nov 2, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #3,693 of 90,282
My major gripe with them was that they said "Yes, you're able to fully customize the product" and then finding out that it wouldn't be the face plate, nor the cable, nor the modules included, while those were the only 3 things I would want to change in ANY product, and in this case especially given their customization remark. Call it disappointment but that's all.

drftr
I feel that, for sure. Not having defined parameters on what "customize" entails is important. They should just use different language that more accurately describes what they can do. Like maybe, "personalize" or "can be altered, somewhat"?

Then again, I just ordered a wood box for my iems and they offered "customization" that was literally "Do you want your name screen printed on it in cursive or Helvetica?"
I think a bunch of companies take liberty with the phrase "customize".

Nov 2, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #3,694 of 90,282

drftr
You're able to customize the product itself, which in this case is the IEM. Anything else would be considered an accessory, included at no additional cost, that is unless you wanted to add extra accessories.

Nov 2, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #3,695 of 90,282
Just received this DIY Uckranian IEM with 10mm vented DD and 12x10mm AMT(magnetic) drivers
Sounds absolutely amazing. The best iem I have never heard for now.
Like a Sony IER-Z1R with Steroids, better soundstage, mids and highs.

1635881972810.png
1635882004608.png

1635882021605.png

1635882131537.png

Attachments

• 1635881992438.png
    1635881992438.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #3,697 of 90,282
Nov 2, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #3,700 of 90,282
Only 4 units have been made.

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #3,701 of 90,282
Hi everyone,

I'm traditionally more of a lurker but I got my hands on a second hand Traillii that put this grin that I can't wipe off my face. Love the vibes in this thread so I thought I'd hop on. I guess I must be the millionth person to say this now, but these are the real deal. I'm stunned. I honestly expected them to not live up to the hype... but boy I was wrong. I also know there's lots of Elysium fans here so I can share in that love as well :)

Nov 2, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #3,703 of 90,282
Here's another thing I feel some in this thread may appreciate: the Traillii soundstage is even more *absurd* when you're high (which is legal in my state in case anyone throws side eye :p).

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #3,704 of 90,282
I've often heard 'diminishing returns' mentioned as you go up the food-chain - and certainly that has been my experience in this last year or so, a bit of a whirlwind tour of what you can get in return for hard-earned money and I've certainly enjoyed it, bank/wife not so much...

Anyway, I'm not sure if there is an actual reverse term for diminishing returns but the Yincrow X6 is basically the physical manifestation! The X6 sells for about $10, at times more and others less by all accounts. That's about 500x cheaper than the most expensive item in my collection! :) So is it a Bird-Slayer? >

...Of course not - it's not even an EM5-killer if I take the most expensive bud in my collection, X6 being 30x cheaper - but my-oh-my is it a very engaging, smooth bud with a pretty decent soundstage. Very impressive bass, lovely mids and I would say somewhat subdued treble. Natural, organic sound and certainly cannot imagine any fatigue kicking in with these. So far, I have only tested a variety of electronic music but passed with flying colours - on to some other genres this evening.

Cable is cheap plastic as you would expect, likewise cheap plastic buds - but again, these are about $10. You do get a selection of foam covers to include donuts and a fabric carry case. They are very comfortable, hardly feel them in my ears.

I've only had about 1 hour of play, plus I'm allowing for the fact that it's 3.5mm, an output never used on my NW-WM1A and Sony do recommend 200 hours for both balanced and single. They are pretty hungry, I've the same level of volume as I need for the IE900 and with high-gain on. But again, I am incredibly impressed - at $10, everyone should experience the bang for buck these represent!

X6.jpg
CB458349-8D90-40B9-AD7E-ABDB08DA5E04.jpeg
A4B244A6-72B4-46EA-A96E-3261926A390E.jpeg

Love my Yincrow :)

Nov 2, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #3,705 of 90,282
The EXT is another IEM that has me really excited on this front but the more days that pass have me doubting I'll ever get to hear one lol
EXT coming to Japan this 13th :) Yay. Excited to hear that one too. The new Acoustune would prolly be the max I can afford tho

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back