The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Sep 1, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #33,901 of 88,524
In case anyone did not get a chance to see what the name tags look like

I don't live in the states, but I want a nametag like this!! I will wear it to my gym lol. The polished design looks better than most Polished face covers lol, Great job man!!

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #33,903 of 88,524
My first thought after skimming through this .. has nothing to do with sound!
I need to up my photo-taking game; you guys practice or something? Or am i just that old?
(don't answer that)
Tnx for visiting the art gallery! All pics provided by guys Cooler than Water.

drftr

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #33,904 of 88,524
you guys practice or something?
Photography is another of my Hobby that I slowly had to leave because Audio has been eating all my money for the past few years lol.

Some of my favorite shots I took of my IEMs

1662019384202.png

1662019486049.png

1662019557081.png

1662019593691.png

Not a professionaly anymore, just do want to showcase these beauties in the best way possible hehe.

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #33,905 of 88,524
Photography is another of my Hobby that I slowly had to leave because Audio has been eating all my money for the past few years lol.

Some of my favorite shots I took of my IEMs

1662019384202.png
1662019486049.png
1662019557081.png
1662019593691.png
Not a professionaly anymore, just do want to showcase these beauties in the best way possible hehe.
Amazing shots. I like your use of colour and set decoration.

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #33,906 of 88,524
Amazing shots. I like your use of colour and set decoration.
Thanks man!! Just got some simple clothes as props hehe. Still trying to get more props, but like I said audio eating all my money xD

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #33,908 of 88,524
Anytime I see anything to do with Pac-man, it reminds me of this...

Edit - better image

a93.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #33,910 of 88,524
Anytime I see anything to do with Pac-man, it reminds me of this...

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg
PacMan being one of my favorite childhood games. I remember I used to get those game cassettes that had a lot of games on to them, Like Super Mario, Pac man, and Contra. haha.
Well, I have grown but still, my heart is with gaming. Last night was playing Pokemon/Mario Maker 2 on my Nintendo Switch hehe.

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #33,911 of 88,524
So guys, which one would be your favorite among the following 3 - why and in which configuration?😉:
1. Fir Audio Xe6
2. Fir Audio Kr5
3. Noble Audio Kublai Khan

I was able to audition Fir IEMs with default filters installed and found out that for my preferences there was way too much bass which completely bloated the sound picture.
Kr5 was relaxing in a way that it was a bit dark but coherent. Xe6 had the sparkle which reminded me of Traillii and also more details.
KK was the best allrounder and provided the most interesting textured bass due to it huge BC driver probably but highs were piercing at times with it’s piezo driver.

Which one of those three would compliment Traillii best in your opinion?🙂
Need to hear KK.
Out of just the two KR5 and XE6, XE6 for me.
Traillii is different in two key areas that make XE6 a great compliment,

1) energy level is higher with XE6 across all frequencies, both wonderful and capable of delivering plenty of detail at a T calmer or X more energetic level

2) bass BA vs DD with BC this one is obvious, Traillii has the best BA bass I have heard, XE6 sounds like nothing else, you get similar bass from the KR5 for me KR5 does not hold together as well in the rest of the range, particularly with missing air up top, where XE6 and Traillii both deliver that air perfectly for their overall signature.

Listening this morning to this track with XE6;
Diana Krall Temptation
The acoustic bass a warm bed under the song, snare the blanket, guitar plucks the feathers in the pillow, and Diana my dream.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #33,912 of 88,524
PacMan being one of my favorite childhood games. I remember I used to get those game cassettes that had a lot of games on to them, Like Super Mario, Pac man, and Contra. haha.
Well, I have grown but still, my heart is with gaming. Last night was playing Pokemon/Mario Maker 2 on my Nintendo Switch hehe.
Donkey Kong Jr guy here. 2 years ago when travelling in Brazil I saw a huge billboard with an ad for a retro games show in the basement of a shopping mall. Didn't think twice and DID find my beloved game back that I hadn't played in 40 years. Needless to say I didn't make it to round 26 any longer and I was more than a little disturbed that I didn't get further than 8 or so. That was still like 5 levels further than the youth around me did as they didn't know how to play it, so with a bit of patience I turned some lovely kids into brute addicts. But hey, I used to roam with dinosaurs.

drftr

Sep 1, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #33,913 of 88,524
Donkey Kong Jr guy here. 2 years ago when travelling in Brazil I saw a huge billboard with an ad for a retro games show in the basement of a shopping mall. Didn't think twice and DID find my beloved game back that I hadn't played in 40 years. Needless to say I didn't make it to round 26 any longer and I was more than a little disturbed that I didn't get further than 8 or so. That was still like 5 levels further than the youth around me did as they didn't know how to play it, so with a bit of patience I turned some lovely kids into brute addicts. But hey, I used to roam with dinosaurs.

drftr
Man i need to grab the latest Donkey Kong for Switch too. But Still the Pokemon Legend Arceus is also pending. Oh man how much I spent in Audio lol

Sep 1, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #33,914 of 88,524
In case anyone did not get a chance to see what the name tags look like

Watercooler name tags.jpg
That is so 'cool and sickeningly nice! I want to attend a CanJam just to get one of them! Hope you make it to CanJam Singapore in 2023!

Sep 1, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #33,915 of 88,524
Pacman brings back good memories of my youth. I used to stay in a housing estate in Singapore called Seletar Hills and I would regularly cycle through a really old housing estate (we call them kampongs) to get to a more modern housing estate (at the time) called Serangoon Gardens and I would go to a arcade to either watch someone beating the last high score or trying to beat it myself. Good memories!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back