The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 24, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #33,331 of 87,654
Don't think that he might fit in this group 😅
Never seen a comment like this before to be honest
Was on Head-Fi FB
But all fine for me ...
Screenshot_2022-08-24-12-31-22-69_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Aug 24, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #33,333 of 87,654
Avey Tare - member of Animal Collective - once produced this crazy track and the video clip that goes with it.

It made my day big time😎

Aug 24, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #33,335 of 87,654
most cases aren't equipped to deal with thicker cables nowadays like first times, orpheus etc, even traillii stock 1960s are a little tough.

Of all the cases I have, those that can fit thick cable like first times without squeezing are miter 4 slots, 6 slots, Vannuys wide series, 64 audio pelican g40 2iem if you remove the top foam (tighter squeeze with top foam installed, worried about the 2 pin connectors being compressed)
I usually use a Van Nuys or Dignis Arca with the divisions removed.
But as a rule, my last cable (DHC Symbiote Elite) fits too tightly. Birds must be removed and placed in bags to avoid compression and breakage of the connectors inside the case. Therefore, more often it is Van nuys. Or a custom round leather case from a local craftsman.
Screenshot_20220801_171953_com.gspace.android_edit_11275130889946.jpg

Aug 24, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #33,336 of 87,654
Don't think that he might fit in this group 😅
Never seen a comment like this before to be honest
Was on Head-Fi FB
But all fine for me ...
He is not that wrong tbh (he also wrote « generally ») and his message has some truth in it, while being quite impulsive and ending with a wrongly placed « peace » after a honest statement for which he doesn’t want to take any responsibility for. He might be envious of the ones being able to buy a lot of stuff and actually knowing what they do (utterly subjective, but we all might have the impression or the proud to think that way). Or maybe he has been brainwashed by the Audiophile Robin(s) Hood(s)? In any case, I hope to think that anyone has its place and might « fit » in this thread.

I am not taking your post too seriously and understand (or tried to do so), that you wanted to make kind of a joke. If not, my bad.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #33,337 of 87,654
Aug 24, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #33,338 of 87,654
He is not that wrong tbh (he also wrote « generally ») and his message has some truth in it, while being quite impulsive and ending with a wrongly placed « peace » after a honest statement for which he doesn’t want to take any responsibility for. He might be envious of the ones being able to buy a lot of stuff and actually knowing what they do (utterly subjective, but we all might have the impression or the proud to think that way). Or maybe he has been brainwashed by the Audiophile Robin(s) Hood(s)? In any case, I hope to think that anyone has its place and might « fit » in this thread.

I am not taking your post too seriously and understand (or tried to do so), that you wanted to make kind of a joke. If not, my bad.
He is all over the place on Facebook (with his 2 buddies)
Their vision is one budget pair/cable and EQ
What's perfectly fine for me
But the part that people buy to much doesn't work for me, no one has to take that decision for anyone
Finally we are not spending their money and don't we live in a free world ?
Following them there's only need for 1 pair + 1 cable
That's not immediately what I'm looking for in this hobby
They are just a gang of 3 trolling all day long
Now do know I respect each vision and opinion, finally that's why we have this great thread and group of members here, but never seen anyone here saying what we need to do !
We can talk and ask about all what makes it here so different from the rest on Facebook and Internet ... 🙏

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #33,339 of 87,654
Their vision is one budget pair and cable and EQ
But the part that people buy to much doesn't work for me, no one has to take that decision for anyone
Now do know I respect each vision and opinion, finally that's why we have this great thread and group of members here, but never seen anyone here saying what we need to do !
We can talk and ask about all what makes it here so different from the rest on Facebook and Internet ... 🙏
Bringing additional background to his statement surely put more perspective about the intention. Bah, just ignore if it bothers you and talk/post/chat with the people you feel in accordance to and, most importantly, who are able to challenge opinions in an open-minded way.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #33,340 of 87,654
Bringing additional background to his statement surely put more perspective about the intention. Bah, just ignore if it bothers you and talk/post/chat with the people you feel in accordance to and, most importantly, who are able to challenge opinions in a open-minded way.
Not only that, they literally shut people down and undermine them in a condescending manner if they have a different experience.
That's the sad part of those guys
But suppose it's their hobby ... 🤷

Aug 24, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #33,341 of 87,654
Their vision is one budget pair/cable and EQ
They are just a gang of 3 trolling all day long
Don't spend time caring what anyone on the internet says. They have zero qualifications. And if 1 budget set, 1 budget cable, and EQ to fix all that mess is the end goal, they also have bad ears and likely worship at the alter of the almighty graph. Fine. They've learned to cope heroically in the face of their own deficiencies.

Enjoy folks, you are not missing anything here that wouldn't be wasted on you anyway.

Aug 24, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #33,342 of 87,654
Don't spend time caring what anyone on the internet says. They have zero qualifications. And if 1 budget set, 1 budget cable, and EQ to fix all that mess is the end goal, they also have bad ears and likely worship at the alter of the almighty graph. Fine. They've learned to cope heroically in the face of their own deficiencies.

Enjoy folks, you are not missing anything here that wouldn't be wasted on you anyway.
As you say ... e n j o y 🙏

Aug 24, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #33,343 of 87,654
@Andricop - I have that Miter case too, I use it for the 1A, there is additional room so I'd expect it would fit yours. Great case.

20220824_225644.jpg

20220824_225628.jpg

While I'm at it - a ddHiFi for M9...

20220824_225721.jpg

20220824_225747.jpg

And another ddHiFi for my 2x Lotoo. I tend to bring this one when I'm traveling, and I had to actually open it going through airport security a while back - the guy was intrigued it wasn't a toiletries bag! Great storage, the other side has a compartment where I store some cables, tips, adapters, W2 dongle etc.

20220824_225706.jpg

20220824_225656.jpg

Aug 24, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #33,344 of 87,654

Don’t want to be controversial, but this thread is the Internet too… maybe a « good » side of it, but Internet anyway

Fully agree about the rest, though

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #33,345 of 87,654
Its not like there aren't choices out there, and realize there's a lot of glitter when you might already have gold. when in doubt, stay the course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back