The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jun 17, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #27,301 of 91,349
They have already, it's called the HiBy RS6. As fast as any of the latest Android DAPs, and a nice step up in SQ from the RU6.

Edit: and you can get a mint one for ~$1K if you search.
I know someone selling one for a great price. :)

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #27,302 of 91,349
Funny how the brain clearly needs to adjust to various driver configurations - having listened to single DDs or planar for the last week, I actually struggled to listen to Thunder just now and had to switch to IE900. It was almost too intense, I needed the simplicity of a single driver. I'm sure I'll recover, otherwise classifieds will be hit with a few hybrids... then I can continue the single DD hunt 🤔

Jun 17, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #27,303 of 91,349
2 hybrids 1 DD. The bass on these are amazing!:L3000:
After comparison, TZ700 still impressed me the most. It's as if the agility and resolution of IE900 was combined with depth and size of Z1R
I'm really liking how Technics implemented and set the standard for their bass, especially with their experience in making DJ equipments

It's nice to see a bit of renewed interest in the TZ700. When I was looking into it last month it seemed largely forgotten. I guess that only shows how quickly the IEM space evolves. That said, I'm very very happy that Technics is still producing this wonderful IEM. I've had it for a week now and have been nothing but impressed.

IEM Comparison.PNG

So after I sold my Nios I almost immediately regretted it even though I wasn't happy with the more muddy and congested nature of the higher frequencies. It was still a great sounding IEM though and one I had trouble finding an alternative. I saw the above comparison in a Head-Fi thread and hoped that the TZ700 might bit a bit clearer than the Nio while sharing the some characteristics.

So far it is the clarity of the sound, across the full frequency range, that has impressed me the most with this tiny IEM. If it helps for some who are curious about the TZ700, I would describe it as a clearer Nio. The added benefit of that is a big improvement in the sound stage which I felt was rather claustrophobic on the Nio.

Looking forward to hearing what others think of this earphone.

Jun 17, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #27,304 of 91,349
Friday night mood

83304D8F-89B2-4E25-BCB8-454C59C557C8.jpeg

Jun 17, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #27,305 of 91,349
@blotmouse if you have opportunity to demo C9 try it in tube mode with N6ii Ti 🤪
I set mid gain on N6ii Ti, preamp mode on C9 in high gain and tube output.
I’m switching between class A and AB.
I really like how is amping Thunder😍

Jun 17, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #27,306 of 91,349
@blotmouse if you have opportunity to demo C9 try it in tube mode with N6ii Ti 🤪
One of these days. Especially if I buy a power gulping IEM or make the leap back to full size.

Jun 17, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #27,307 of 91,349
Totally different impression, technical and meaty at the same time, more transparent and tube help a lot

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #27,309 of 91,349
I use this combo for the gym.
A pair of custom A12t for maximum comfort and secure. The cable is very thin and lightweight with zero microphonic. And of course Qudelix 5k is indispensable, the best bluetooth dac/amp in my opinion.

1E28D556-8E0B-4120-825C-0D765A12C11D.jpeg

Curious if you guys use your audio gears during exercise or opt for more convenient options like airpods or beats.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #27,310 of 91,349
A pair of custom A12t for maximum comfort and secure. The cable is very thin and lightweight with zero microphonic. And of course Qudelix 5k is indispensable, the best bluetooth dac/amp in my opinion.

Curious if you guys use your audio gears during exercise or opt for more convenient options like airpods or beats.
Nope, I’m a klutz, and I esp like to exercise in rainy weather, so exclusively wireless earpiece with low-end Sony player for exercise 👾

Jun 18, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #27,311 of 91,349

My gear for the gym is far more, uhm, pedestrian. I've only had my A12t a week, and I'm not the type to risk them. :scream:

For me, the CCA CRA or KZ ZSN on a FiiO bluetooth lanyard is perfect for the gym. I really don't want any wires anywhere, it's cheaper than Airpods/Beats, and still sounds pretty damn great. Besides, there's so much background noise from the piped-in radio, the fans, other members dropping weights etc, the benefits of the A12t would be wasted there imho.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #27,312 of 91,349
My gear for the gym is far more, uhm, pedestrian. I've only had my A12t a week, and I'm not the type to risk them. :scream:

For me, the CCA CRA or KZ ZSN on a FiiO bluetooth lanyard is perfect for the gym. I really don't want any wires anywhere, it's cheaper than Airpods/Beats, and still sounds pretty damn great. Besides, there's so much background noise from the piped-in radio, the fans, other members dropping weights etc, the benefits of the A12t would be wasted there imho.
My Gym IEM is Noble Fokus Pro. Amazing sound and still TWS. Actually I think it should have more praise on the TWS world.

Unfortunately is Qualcomm chip and a pain to connect and disconnect from multiple devices.

But if you have a chance. Try it.

Jun 18, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #27,313 of 91,349
I haven't been in a gym for about 10 years - I exercise at home with free weights and a fantastic app called Freeletics... its about $90 per year but well worth it - although I don't tend to feel that way on days where it has me doing lots of burpees! I found it hard to get to a gym in the past, often busy with work and young kids at the time, incorporating something at home ensured I keep up a fitness discipline - along with my morning walk with my dog.

I tend to watch something on TV as opposed to listening to music but would go for my Sony XM4 when listening to music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 18, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #27,314 of 91,349

Very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back