The Unofficial Head-Fi Paypal/Traders Lack of Appreciation Thread
May 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #16 of 30
May 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

I'm concidering opening a for sale thread so everyone can give this &%$( here negative feedback. what do you guys say? lets make his rep Negative before he can scam the unknown

May 20, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #18 of 30
You should have at least left him neg feedback with your story.
Quote:
Theres always gonna be a risk. I did a trade with a guy from Turkey, no negative feedback. I traded jvc700 for recabled dt770 and 100 cash. Communication was great, even conversated during the 2week shipping time. Well i was very excited to pick up package from po. Well this idiot ships headphobes in an envelope from turkey to US with no box. Headphones were broke. I cobtact him and tell him either we can refund and ship items back or just paypal the difference. He refuses and tells me thats the chance i take by trading. Once he ships its not his problem and even said that the package wasnt the fault. Someone at po must of opened package and broke them and put back into package. Then to top it off he leaves me negative feedback, even though hecreceived his package in perfect shape.
Found out recently that he made another trade and item he sent them was 1/2 brkke. Amp/dac and only dac worked...was listed as both working

May 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #19 of 30
Always use tracking as said before and insurance.  Its like 2.50 at the post office for up to 200 something dollars of insurance.  Well worth it.

May 21, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:
thats not my coach email anyway, but site administrator. and i dont learn in my city.

I for one did many stupid things when I was a young man and I'm still holding out hope that you'll try to do the decent thing and mail everything back to the rightful owners. 

May 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #22 of 30
best advice, trust no-one, regardless of what they say.

and trade only with reputable members. never gift paypal, and always use common sense. 

May 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #23 of 30
I did leave him negative feedback and in turn he left me negative even though he got his stuff with no problems. I wish there was a way to dispute a negative comment as it could make me look bad to potential trade partners.

May 22, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #26 of 30
Well, personal info was floating around left right & centre. Despite the issues with the individual, it's probably not a good idea to disseminate private info in such a manner. Warnings to other potential traders could probably be managed in other forms.

May 24, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #27 of 30
The silly part is that this poor guy behaves like a baby. I think you'd learn some more dignity in future, when you are more grown up.

May 24, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #28 of 30
My very first deal on head-fi about two years ago was a trade of my TF10 w/ Lune Cable for another member's IE8s. I had no feedback anywhere online at the time and the other user was in Turkey. Deal went without a hitch and I received the item in 3 days with DHL... needless to say that still remains one of the smoothest deals. 

May 24, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #30 of 30
Here is a very valuable bit of info from the Paypal website if you are shipping in the US or from the US to another country. If someone doesn't want to use the recommend shipping service, I'm happy to sell, but only if they use paypal gift or another form of payment. As long as they use regular paypal, I follow the simple rule.

Within US + under 250 = delivery confirmation
Within US + 250 and over = signature confirmation
Outside US + under 250 = priority mail
Outside US + 250 and over = express mail

If someone is unwilling to pay for express mail overseas (which is really expensive and I totally understand), I either don't sell or accept paypal gift/another form of payment.

Also make sure that the country you're shipping is to eligible for seller protection!

11.8 Which shipping services provide Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery, and/or Signature Confirmation?
You may use any shipping service that meets PayPal's shipping requirements. The following services meet the requirements:
Shipping From Shipping To Value Of Items Shipping Services
Anywhere Anywhere Any value Any international shipping service that provides door-to-door tracking that is viewable online, such as those offered by UPS, FedEx, or DHL
United States United States Less than $250.00 USD USPS: any service with Delivery Confirmation
United States United States $250.00 USD or more USPS: any service with Signature Confirmation
United States Anywhere Less than $250.00 USD USPS: Priority Mail with the Customs Declaration form (tracking not available for all destinations)
United States Anywhere $250.00 USD or more USPS: Express Mail

Don't lose this link: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/US_20081031_AmendmentPayPalUserAgreement_print&bn_r=o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back