The Ultimate Vintage Technics System
Jan 10, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #46 of 58
Awesome rig. I've been tempted to do the same thing, but with vintage Luxman gear.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #49 of 58
I just love your room
smily_headphones1.gif
especially the desk...
Looks so nice.

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #50 of 58
Jan 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #51 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Do you think there is a market for such a desk?

Yea, I'de buy it.
Your rig reminds me of a rig I used to listen to after school (1982-83?) in the back of a Radio Shack, all Technics with TT, played "Who's cryin' now" by Journey 'till they run me off LOL.
Good times.

Aug 15, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #54 of 58
Very cool set up, you just need a Technics TT now.

Aug 16, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #55 of 58
Hey guys, the OP doesn't really frequent this forum anymore, and just seeing his username causes involuntary puke-like reflexes for a lot of us who remember his glory days.  Let's let this one go, shall we?

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #57 of 58
Cool set up! congrats! pure vintage man. I have sort of a vintage audio set up myself (still working on it) My dad passed on to me  some Technics goods (it is fair to say that i locked it away in a closet when the mp3 came along, silly me, just until now I am rescuing every part )

When I have it ready I am gonna try to upload some pictures, but I doubt that it will look as cool as yours since i dont have a lot of space. The Panasonics look pretty cool man, without the grill (do you have to keep it on? or is it safe to have them without the grill?)

Here are the specs:

- Technics M56 Microprocessor Auto Scan Deck System (stereo)

- Technics SU - Z1 Stereo Amp

- Technics Stereo Graphic EQ SH - 8017

- Technics SL-PD627 Multi CD Player

- Technics SL - D3 Turntable

- Technics SB - F2 speakers (unfortunately one of them sounds blown, have to figure out if its worth fixing or just buy a new one)

So you say it sounds awesome, thats great.

Lalo.

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #58 of 58
I realize it has been several years since this post was created, was wondering if any you still are using the vintage setup and if you still love it. I recently bought a Technics sa 5770 receiver and a pair of 5000a speakers to go with my sl1200 mk2 TT. Love the sound!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back