The Ugliest headphones ever.
Apr 12, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #196 of 279
Here is my current plan, Next month AlgoRhythm solo, following month Solo cable, HD600's,  Lackerton Audio UHA4(?)  Month after that, I have to upgrade my Ipod video $150, I have to buy tubes for my preamp $180. and pay off my B&K amp for my studio monitors $200 month after that I have to buy the Etymotic ER-4's + CUSTOM, then Westone UM3X's then I pay off the CD player $1300 nonstop, then buy a GRACE M903 $1700 or a tonearm for my TT $1,400 both will be bought. then I'm probably gonna start blowing all my money on music to enjoy on my completed home stereo and porta rigs...
NO ROOM FOR CRAZY GHETTO CANS!

Apr 12, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #198 of 279
$180!! I didn't pay that much for them, I think I might have a second new pair, but I might have thrown them out when I moved. I lost a lot of tolerance for what I deemed "lesser" components when I built my hifi stereo. if anyone wants these PM me we'll work something out :wink:

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #199 of 279
weird. K701's arent that ugly IMO

Quote:
The Ugliest Headphones Ever?
The AKG K701s would win.

The only way they could be more ugly is if they came in pink. I own two in white! You will never see me with them in public! I am a closet case. I don't even take them to shows.

Put them on and take a second look in the mirror!  A 1960s cheap spaceman science fiction hero on radio to home.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #200 of 279

Quote:
weird. K701's arent that ugly IMO

I think that they look pretty nice (when not on the head), but they feel pretty cheap to me. I really dislike the look of the LCD-2, frankly, too old-school for me :p.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #201 of 279
The biggest problem with Stax is the baby-poo brown color.  Dark charcoal?  Flat black?  Even gloss black would be better than that horrid, vintage 1975 diaper residue color.

I will say, all Grados look like goofy 1940s sci-fi to me.  AKGs are just strange, but I wouldn't say inherently ugly.  Every time I see anything Ultrasone, I think of Peter Stormare in his all-white VW getup, making a techno "Untz untz untz" noise and doing the Night at the Roxbury head-bob.

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #202 of 279

Quote:
The biggest problem with Stax is the baby-poo brown color.  Dark charcoal?  Flat black?  Even gloss black would be better than that horrid, vintage 1975 diaper residue color.

I will say, all Grados look like goofy 1940s sci-fi to me.  AKGs are just strange, but I wouldn't say inherently ugly.  Every time I see anything Ultrasone, I think of Peter Stormare in his all-white VW getup, making a techno "Untz untz untz" noise and doing the Night at the Roxbury head-bob.

You mean like this?:

Bonus points if you recognize what it's from.

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #203 of 279

Quote:

Grado WW2 operator aesthetic is a plus for me
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #205 of 279
Have you worn the AKG K701s and looked in the mirror? Alien twin says "peace"

Quote:

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #206 of 279
Hah...about the only thing that could make me any uglier are the chromed tin-can headphones linked a couple pages back.  AKGs actually improve my looks. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Have you worn the AKG K701s and looked in the mirror? Alien twin says "peace"

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #207 of 279
I dono maybe cuz I have a big body and a real tiny head.

They remind me of a girl who I was in love with in high school. She was not that pretty but had other redeaming qualities.

May 4, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #208 of 279
After looking at this thread again, this time looking at nearly all of the photos, I think I should comment on these two headphones:
Quote:

What is here to hate? The gold and black color scheme? Well, I don't like these at all in this photo but they aren't that ugly and most of all I don't know how do they actually look.

Quote:

These are not for audiophiles and they are supposed to look nice on a girl (I think). I really don't think I'm the company's target here and they don't hurt my eyes so I'll say they shouldn't be put in this thread. You guys should differentiate between girly and ugly.

May 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #209 of 279
girls look nice wearing pretty much any headphones.

May 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #210 of 279

I might be biased, because I have to look at them every day, over and over...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back