The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
May 3, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #422 of 547
A question.

Since I am in need of a new pair of CIEMs, I'm eyeing this product. Nothing super-fancy, probably, but the fact that the company is based in my city means I will be able to pursue that elusive and so important perfect fit.

I am currently using Fiio UTWS3, for which I heavily modded the case to make my current CIEMs fit.

Since I'd like to avoid modding to that level... is there any similar product big enough to accomodate CIEMs and which uses Estron connectors (I suppose NTS Audio means T2 connectors by that)?

May 4, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #423 of 547
Hey guys been randomly browsing aliexpress and got interested in a tws adapter but I was wondering if there's any tws adapter with ANC or at least transparency mode?
If not I'm probably just gonna cheap out on whatever the cheapest one with aptx is lol, I got only budget iems anyway tbh...

May 4, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #424 of 547
Hey guys been randomly browsing aliexpress and got interested in a tws adapter but I was wondering if there's any tws adapter with ANC or at least transparency mode?
If not I'm probably just gonna cheap out on whatever the cheapest one with aptx is lol, I got only budget iems anyway tbh...
TWS adapter is technically impossible to have ANC since ANC required it to be precisely tuned to a driver's FR curve. Given TWS adapter doesn't really have a fixed earpieces to begin with, it can't be tuned for ANC to work.

May 4, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #425 of 547
TWS adapter is technically impossible to have ANC since ANC required it to be precisely tuned to a driver's FR curve. Given TWS adapter doesn't really have a fixed earpieces to begin with, it can't be tuned for ANC to work.
What about transparency? that one should be do-able, I think I saw some sony bluetooth amp thingie that had anc but I guess that did came tuned with the iems included, wonder what it does with a different set...

May 4, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #426 of 547
A question.

Since I am in need of a new pair of CIEMs, I'm eyeing this product. Nothing super-fancy, probably, but the fact that the company is based in my city means I will be able to pursue that elusive and so important perfect fit.

I am currently using Fiio UTWS3, for which I heavily modded the case to make my current CIEMs fit.

Since I'd like to avoid modding to that level... is there any similar product big enough to accomodate CIEMs and which uses Estron connectors (I suppose NTS Audio means T2 connectors by that)?
Nothing like this exists?

May 4, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #427 of 547
What about transparency? that one should be do-able, I think I saw some sony bluetooth amp thingie that had anc but I guess that did came tuned with the iems included, wonder what it does with a different set...
I believe Shure TWS gen 2 and FiiO UTWS5 (w/ beta firmware) both support environment / passthrough mode.

May 4, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #429 of 547
Ya wouldn’t that be great? Maybe someone will figure out a way at some point
I have no clue how they tune anc but there’s databases of iem frequency response all over, in theory they could have an app where you select your iem model and it uses a graph from the database I guess, sounds like a lot of work for chifi brands and too non proprietary for western ones lol

May 9, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #430 of 547
He guys so anyone knows the difference between the kz az15 and the az09 pro?

May 9, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #432 of 547
They’re spelled differently :)
Yeh apparently they have a different chip but the specs look pretty much the same I'll probably just get the az09 pro in the next aliexpress sale

May 9, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #433 of 547
Yeh apparently they have a different chip but the specs look pretty much the same I'll probably just get the az09 pro in the next aliexpress sale
As far as I can tell, those two chips are identical but with different packaging, namely QCC3046 in AZ15 is smaller in size compared to QCC3040 in AZ09 Pro.

May 9, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #434 of 547
As far as I can tell, those two chips are identical but with different packaging, namely QCC3046 in AZ15 is smaller in size compared to QCC3040 in AZ09 Pro.
Yeah as long as it has aptx I'm happy with it anyway, I'm half worried about the pins fitting my iems but I'll just sand it if I gotta since it's so cheap lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back