The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Aug 19, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #406 of 547
Nyx+ BT5.1 Wireless In-Ear Monitor Cable now available at Null Audio for $89.

Turns out to be about $115 between $21 shipping and a $5 'item personalization' fee -- which appears to be an up-charge related to getting anything other than 2-pin connectors.

Perhaps these will show up at another vendor -- after doing a little research it appears that Null Audio's customer service is a little ... inconsistent.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #407 of 547
Nyx+ BT5.1 Wireless In-Ear Monitor Cable now available at Null Audio for $89.

Turns out to be about $115 between $21 shipping and a $5 'item personalization' fee -- which appears to be an up-charge related to getting anything other than 2-pin connectors.

Perhaps these will show up at another vendor -- after doing a little research it appears that Null Audio's customer service is a little ... inconsistent.
I wish someone would release one of these neckband adapters with transparency/ambient mode, the hardware should technically support it. The TW2 have spoiled me and I'm hesitant to buy something else now because passive "noise cancellation" combined with active transparency mode is amazing.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #409 of 547
I just recently lost my BGVP M2 set, which is a shame. They had the best implementation of multipoint switching I had seen yet. I was able to seamlessly switch between my notebook and my phone. I've tried the Fiio Lc-bt1 and Mee Btx2 as well, but they are not as smooth by a long shot. Is there any alternative or update that supports this as well?

Sep 27, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #410 of 547
I totally agree. Still, will try Nyx+.
Just be warned, the cable is super short - copying and pasting the review I left on their product page below. Since leaving it, Null Audio replied to another review with similar complaints saying they're aware of the issue and looking at making the cable longer. Shanling MW200 is still better if you're looking for something with regular MMCX connectors. I'd say the Fiio neckband is second, but it has a problem with cable relief - the wire inside the cable connecting the IEM to the neckband will eventually slice through the rubbery insulation where it joins the neckband. And the Hiby WU1 has serious latency issues causing audio to be out of sync with video.

Purchased the Nyx+ because of the option to select connectors for my Sennheiser IE 600s. Audio sounds good-to-great. Microphone is ok, higher amount of detail but also *much* less noise cancellation than any other neckband mmcx adapter I have. Where it really falls flat is, the cables between the iem connectors and pods, and between the pods themselves are waaaay too short. So short that there's no way to wear it without it flopping around with any quick side-to-side head movement. Behind the neck, the center cable is too short and pulls the two pods backwards to lie along side your neck. In front of the neck, the pods dangle just under my jaw, so turning your head causes them to swing and smack against your jaw - which is *very* audibly picked up by the mic if you're on a call.

Overall, to me, this is a swing-and-miss. I prefer neckband type BT DACs for using iems when I'm active and don't want a long cable to a separate BT DAC like the qudelix 5k swinging around. The Nyx+ goes too far the other way, and leaves the cables so short that the pods can't rest on your shoulders like other wire-type neckbands, e.g. Hiby WU1.

Sep 28, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #411 of 547
Don't have TW2 so I can't be 100% certain. However, volume control on M6 over BT should be fully digital and doesn't have any amplification on the M6's side. Have you tried adjusting the gain setting to see if it makes any difference?
I tested, It seems the volume level of earphones changes as per the device i connect it to. What was happening that if i connected the Shure Gen2 to my tab or phone, it took the volume level i had on that device, and when i connected to Fiio M6, it stayed at that level. Changing volume level on the Fiio M6 seemed to be independent of the volume level of the Shure Gen 2 Wireless adpater.

Workaround i am using is to first connect the Shure gen 2 to my PC, leavve it at 100 % volume and then connect to the Fiio M6, or else i use the button controls on the Adapter whenever i connect to Fiio M6 directly.

Nov 3, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #412 of 547
Any neckband adaptors to look out for on 11.11? My BT20s Pro had been falling off a few time this year and I finally lost it for good (though, thankfully not the IEM attached to the hook) last night in the rain. I'm looking for something that can be used in the gym, preferably MMCX.

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #413 of 547
Just be warned, the cable is super short - copying and pasting the review I left on their product page below. Since leaving it, Null Audio replied to another review with similar complaints saying they're aware of the issue and looking at making the cable longer. Shanling MW200 is still better if you're looking for something with regular MMCX connectors. I'd say the Fiio neckband is second, but it has a problem with cable relief - the wire inside the cable connecting the IEM to the neckband will eventually slice through the rubbery insulation where it joins the neckband. And the Hiby WU1 has serious latency issues causing audio to be out of sync with video.
So if they made the cable longer it would be a better option then the MW200?

Jan 19, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #414 of 547
So if they made the cable longer it would be a better option then the MW200?
I only got the Nyx+ because they provide custom termination, and I wanted a BT neckband to work with my Sennheiser IE600s. I'd say that's really the only compelling reason the get the Nyx+ even with the longer cable - if your IEMs are MMCX, I'd stick with the MW200. More comfortable fit, better battery, better noise cancellation on the mic - the Nyx+ mic has zero noise cancellation, so even noise from when the neckband shifts on you when you move is audible. When I got it, I used it for a few days just for music, then put it away and haven't used it since - I'm take conference calls on my BT adapters quite often, and they just weren't doable with the Nyx+.

Jan 23, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #417 of 547
At least the aliexpress one you can customize, you can choose whatever termination you want, and depending on the chipset and model (QC3030. QC3040 or QCC5125) you can have APTX HD, Adaptive or LDAC

Apr 30, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #419 of 547
Can someone help with Hiby WU1, I am running it with my Samsung phone and the volume steps are not linear, whenever I reach about 33% it's becoming much louder than needed and lowering on step is too silent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back