The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Jul 17, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #391 of 547
So do you have a guess as to whether SQ might rival the Shure TW2? The prices are two-fold apart. The TW2 has EQ/software/environment (ambient sound) mode that could account for the price difference since it only has aptX (etc), while the Nyx+ apparently has LDAC.
It'll depend on your use case. The Nyx+ with LDAC should definitely be better from a SQ standpoint. But you lose ambient mode and gain a wire around your neck. Different tools for different jobs.

Jul 18, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #392 of 547
So do you have a guess as to whether SQ might rival the Shure TW2? The prices are two-fold apart. The TW2 has EQ/software/environment (ambient sound) mode that could account for the price difference since it only has aptX (etc), while the Nyx+ apparently has LDAC.
I would tend to agree with @xSDMx because the cable makes it possible to have a beefier dac/amp unit, but I have never heard the Shure. Codecs don’t say everything, you can have great sound with aptX.

Jul 22, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #393 of 547
The response I received today from Null-Audio regarding the launch of the Nyx+ is below.

=============

Support (NASTECH)
Jul 22, 2022, 16:04 GMT+8

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your enthusiasm in Nyx+. Cables production is completed and engineers are running final testing to get more specs.

Planning to launch end July or early August. Newsletter will be sent out. Stay tuned with us~

Regards,
Support Executive

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #395 of 547
I am using the Shure TW2 for nearly a year, with Shure 215 earphone. It is almost perfect for how i require them to function. The pause-play and trigger environment/ambient mode works very well.
and is useful.
Major issues i feel can be improved-
1. The uneven battery drain- from what i understood from this forum, it is a side-effect of qualcomm TWM codec for all True wireless earbuds, so it is not issue specific to Shure. However, it is annoying when using and hope they can somehow fix this. TWM stereo+ or something does give even battery drain but i think not many audio sources can output using it.
2. The case can be a bit smaller and have wireless charging for this price.
3. AptX only - Hope they can come out with a version which has LDAC. Many new android devices are opting out of AptX codecs but still have LDAC.

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #396 of 547
3. AptX only - Hope they can come out with a version which has LDAC. Many new android devices are opting out of AptX codecs but still have LDAC.
Qualcomm chipset that currently support TWS function doesn't support LDAC. This would seems to be mainly an Qualcomm issue as they don't want to help the competition. Actually most Android smartphones these days that use Qualcomm processor (*which are a lot) will almost certain has a Qualcomm bluetooth chip as well. Qualcomm is pushing aptx Adaptive as an LDAC replacement so they are unlikely want to make it easy to implement LDAC on their products. The reason you see many Android devices with LDAC support has to do with the fact that Sony has contributed the LDAC source code (*the encoding part) to Android and thus is is free to include with any Android devices. aptx on the other hand is a paid feature that comes with Qualcomm bluetooth chipset.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #397 of 547
Qualcomm chipset that currently support TWS function doesn't support LDAC. This would seems to be mainly an Qualcomm issue as they don't want to help the competition. Actually most Android smartphones these days that use Qualcomm processor (*which are a lot) will almost certain has a Qualcomm bluetooth chip as well. Qualcomm is pushing aptx Adaptive as an LDAC replacement so they are unlikely want to make it easy to implement LDAC on their products. The reason you see many Android devices with LDAC support has to do with the fact that Sony has contributed the LDAC source code (*the encoding part) to Android and thus is is free to include with any Android devices. aptx on the other hand is a paid feature that comes with Qualcomm bluetooth chipset.

This is why Samsung developed their own codec called SSC for their own TWS. i seriously wish the codec confusion is settled. Qualcomm is probaly being too greedy on the amount required to license the codec.
The AptX adaptive codec seems to be what they will settle on, but i am worried it will work on high end chips only, leading to lack of power efficient or cheap chips for portable music players.

Aug 11, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #398 of 547
Got the CF01 free when I bought the DX320. I was curious so I dug out some old classics and they sound incredible.

Was so great to do con-calls with Sony EX1000.
IMG_20220811_005859.jpg

Aug 11, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #401 of 547
Good thing you got it for free. It doesn't really worth the asking price.

Aug 12, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #404 of 547
@ClieOS I use Shure TW2 with- Fiio M6 and my phone or tablet. It sounds very low on Fiio M6 compared to phone or tablet source. I have to crank it up to 70-90 on M6 for decent level sound.

Why does it work that way ? is the audio signal ampliefied a lot on phone/tab compared to M6 ?

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #405 of 547
@ClieOS I use Shure TW2 with- Fiio M6 and my phone or tablet. It sounds very low on Fiio M6 compared to phone or tablet source. I have to crank it up to 70-90 on M6 for decent level sound.

Why does it work that way ? is the audio signal ampliefied a lot on phone/tab compared to M6 ?
Don't have TW2 so I can't be 100% certain. However, volume control on M6 over BT should be fully digital and doesn't have any amplification on the M6's side. Have you tried adjusting the gain setting to see if it makes any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back