The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Dec 3, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #331 of 547
Is that with a 2 pin connector?
Both are MMCX, though I do have all the different (0.78mm, 0.75mm, etc) earhook accessories for the BT30.

Mar 3, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #333 of 547
Mar 30, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #334 of 547
Hi, currently running the utws1 but they're starting to fake on battery level and glitch out, and sq in general is not great. time to upgrade.
Got quite confused on which new tws adapter should I get. I read that utws5 is currently considered best in category, but I'm looking to invest about 80 usd. What should I go with? Utws3? Nicehbk hb2? Bts20pro? bts30?

For reference, will use with CIEMs with 2/4 ab drivers.

Every input will be appreciated.

May 1, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #335 of 547
Hi, currently running the utws1 but they're starting to fake on battery level and glitch out, and sq in general is not great. time to upgrade.
Got quite confused on which new tws adapter should I get. I read that utws5 is currently considered best in category, but I'm looking to invest about 80 usd. What should I go with? Utws3? Nicehbk hb2? Bts20pro? bts30?

For reference, will use with CIEMs with 2/4 ab drivers.

Every input will be appreciated.
Up, someone?

May 1, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #336 of 547
Up, someone?
You can consider KZ AZ09 Pro :)

The biggest con is that it only comes in KZ's style 2-pin so some modding would be necessary.

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #337 of 547
Heads-up: Null-Audio are updating their Nyx cable to support LDAC and aptX Adaptive. It will be the Nyx+, still with a dedicated class A amp. It’s about to launch, and about $25 more expensive than the original Nyx.

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #338 of 547
Heads-up: Null-Audio are updating their Nyx cable to support LDAC and aptX Adaptive. It will be the Nyx+, still with a dedicated class A amp. It’s about to launch, and about $25 more expensive than the original Nyx.
Interesting -- any timeframe?

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #339 of 547
Interesting -- any timeframe?
Very soon: I am sending them back my Nyx next week, and they offered to replace it with the Nyx+ for a $25 top-up. Null will launch a sale later this week too, the Nyx+ will probably get a launch discount.

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #340 of 547
That would make the Nyx+ still quite affordable.

Jun 23, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #341 of 547
Very soon: I am sending them back my Nyx next week, and they offered to replace it with the Nyx+ for a $25 top-up. Null will launch a sale later this week too, the Nyx+ will probably get a launch discount.
Where can I find out more?

Jun 23, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #342 of 547
RE: Nyx+

How might SQ compare to FiiO BTR5? And does it offer the same volume and track controls?

When practicing my tai chi etc, I've been using a BTR5 on LDAC with Shure SE415 IEMs with the cable they came with, which has onboard controls that mimic actuating the BTR5 controls and uses MMCX connectors. I wear a cloth belt for the phone's belt clip holster and the BTR5. This way I can route the cable behind my back and through the belt in a reasonably stable way, and frequently grabbing the phone doesn't interfere with the cable. Nonetheless, cable management is still very inconvenient with my setup.

The TWS BT cable offered by Shure doesn't come close to the SQ of the BTR5 (and doesn't support LDAC).

If a TWS solution like the Nyx+, or any other product I haven't come across yet, provides comparable SQ and track controls that would be great. I'd even pay more if I find one.

(I'm not a fan of two earbuds with no cable connecting them. Seems like too much BT signal going right through the head, and probably makes control buttons too limiting.)

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #343 of 547

How might SQ compare to FiiO BTR5? And does it offer the same volume and track controls?

When practicing my tai chi etc, I've been using a BTR5 on LDAC with Shure SE415 IEMs with the cable they came with, which has onboard controls that mimic actuating the BTR5 controls and uses MMCX connectors. I wear a cloth belt for the phone's belt clip holster and the BTR5. This way I can route the cable behind my back and through the belt in a reasonably stable way, and frequently grabbing the phone doesn't interfere with the cable. Nonetheless, cable management is still very inconvenient with my setup.

The TWS BT cable offered by Shure doesn't come close to the SQ of the BTR5 (and doesn't support LDAC).

If a TWS solution like the Nyx+, or any other product I haven't come across yet, provides comparable SQ and track controls that would be great. I'd even pay more if I find one.

(I'm not a fan of two earbuds with no cable connecting them. Seems like too much BT signal going right through the head, and probably makes control buttons too limiting.)
If we are talking other form factors. What surprised me with SQ that rivals my Qudelix 5k:

If you want good SQ, the Fiio UTWS5. This is their model that finally caught up to other gear.

Lots of imaging and depth in the presentation that an iem can scale with. This is despite it not having LDAC but aptX-adaptive & LDHC. My Thieaudio V16 Divinity really shines in imaging and seperation with this iem. As well as retaining it's BA bass punchiness. Highly recommended combo as well.

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #344 of 547
If we are talking other form factors. What surprised me with SQ that rivals my Qudelix 5k:

If you want good SQ, the Fiio UTWS5. This is their model that finally caught up to other gear.

Lots of imaging and depth in the presentation that an iem can scale with. This is despite it not having LDAC but aptX-adaptive & LDHC. My Thieaudio V16 Divinity really shines in imaging and seperation with this iem. As well as retaining it's BA bass punchiness. Highly recommended combo as well.
Agree. As I've been saying on the UTWS5 thread, very good paired with my iBasso IT07s.

Jun 23, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #345 of 547
Where can I find out more?
The page for the OG Nyx is here. No announcement about the Nyx+ that I know of, their support only told me about it because I was reporting an issue with my cable.

I agree with your point about signal going through the head.
The remote will probably be the same and it does give volume and track control. It’s a much more convenient solution for movement-based practices than a BT receiver, especially for something like Tai Chi. For static strength work a receiver works reasonably well. I like that there is a cable linking the buds, it’s much more convenient than TWS where you have nowhere to stash the bud if you take it off the ear. For workouts I use Final’s ZE3000 TWS, which sound crazy good, and fit better than the Nyx which has some stiffness and makes me fiddle. That being said, my wife uses the Nyx with her whole body spinning at hyper speed, or upside down, with no issue!

I often found myself using the Nyx and thinking to myself I really wasn’t missing anything compared to the 5K. The Qudelix is great but the integrated ES9218/9 uses a well-optimized class D amp if I’m not mistaken. The DAC chip in the Nyx is nothing special, possibly Qualcomm’s own, which is decent since you don’t need DSD capabilities for BT gear, but they have managed to cram a class A amp in there and that makes a big difference. Class A but with huge battery life! I would be curious in a comparison between the Nyx and Hiby’s R5II.
Also Null Audio are proper cable makers and have a very nice customer service, which is also why I am talking about the Nyx+. After I got in touch they installed a special connector at no extra charge for compatibility with my IMR iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back