The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Aug 1, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #301 of 547
Sep 7, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #303 of 547
A new update for the Shure Play app says the following:

"Support for the AONIC TW2", does this mean Shure will release another TWS adapter?

Yes and no. Shure just updated all their Aonic series of IEM to Gen 2, and the original BT wireless adapter (*RMCE-TW1) to TW2. As far as I can tell from the spec however, TW2 seems to be almost identical to TW1. I really doubt Shure has made any real change on the inside.

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #304 of 547
I am very curious to the new UTWS 5 (if it will be called that), as I need to upgrade and there's no TWS to my liking. @FiiO Willson any update on the planned release date? Will it still be this month? :D

Sep 9, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #305 of 547
I am very curious to the new UTWS 5 (if it will be called that), as I need to upgrade and there's no TWS to my liking. @FiiO Willson any update on the planned release date? Will it still be this month? :D
The current progress, probably at the end of September, in China's market in small quantities, is expected to October can be sold Globally :L3000:

I really do not have much time recently, I can only give you a brief introduction about some of the specifications
1, the world's first independent DAC Bluetooth earhook
2, Qualcomm's flagship QCC514x chip
3, support wireless charging
4, support aptX adaptive 96k 24bit
5, TWM transmission, Bluetooth 5.2 protocol
6, 10 bands EQ adjustment
7, more powerful features to be officially announced at the end of the month launch

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 9, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #306 of 547
The current progress, probably at the end of September, in China's market in small quantities, is expected to October can be sold Globally :L3000:

I really do not have much time recently, I can only give you a brief introduction about some of the specifications
7, more powerful features to be officially announced at the end of the month launch
Wow! First TWS receivers with aptX Adaptive I know of, and you’ve somehow improved on the standard 48k sample rate.
Is that because there’s an “independent DAC”? As in, a dedicated DAC instead of the one in the Qualcomm chip? I have a BT cable by Null-Audio with a dedicated amp that rivals entry-level DAPs easily, so this development sounds very interesting…
Kudos Fiio.
I just hope the connectors are more modular/flexible/adaptable than in the first iterations.

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #307 of 547

Out of curiosity, what is "TWM transmission"? Some new version of TWS+?

Oh, I also hope for ambient mode and fully customizable controls

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #308 of 547
Is that because there’s an “independent DAC”? As in, a dedicated DAC instead of the one in the Qualcomm chip?...

Not because of the independent DAC/amp chips, but because of the Qualcomm QCC514x chips. Any QCC series of chips that support aptx Adaptive and TWS function will support 24/96. aptx Adaptive is basically apt HD (24/96) with alptx LL-like dynamic scaling. What the independent DAC/amp chip will offer is better SQ, higher output power and likely a darker background (as compared to the DAC/amp built into the the BT chip.

Out of curiosity, what is "TWM transmission"? Some new version of TWS+?

Oh, I also hope for ambient mode and fully customizable controls

Yes and no, it is really more as an improved version of the original TWS, by combing some of TWS+ feature

TWS uses one side of the earpieces as master and the other as slave, so signal goes from smartphone > master > slave. The upside is this is a simple configuration and most smartphone have no problem supporting this. The downside is that if you lose connection to the master, you will lose connection the slave as well. Also, the connection between master and slave is often not nearly as strong as the connection between smartphone and master, so slave can often lose connection on its own.

TWS+ uses two separate channels to each earpieces, so there is no master or slave but both sides run somewhat independently. Upside is that you avoid all the problem that TWS faces, downside is that it takes extra implementation to work and only a few (* and generally the more expensive) Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC can support it.

TWM is similar to TWS that it also uses a master + slave configuration, but they can automatics change between being master and slave depends on connection strength. So if the master side loses connection, the slave side will immediately take over as master and resume back, so in theory losing connection to both side at the same time can be avoided, while at the same time it should be more compatible to more smartphone than TWS+.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #310 of 547
Not because of the independent DAC/amp chips, but because of the Qualcomm QCC514x chips. Any QCC series of chips that support aptx Adaptive and TWS function will support 24/96. aptx Adaptive is basically apt HD (24/96) with alptx LL-like dynamic scaling. What the independent DAC/amp chip will offer is better SQ, higher output power and likely a darker background (as compared to the DAC/amp built into the the BT chip.
Actually aptX Adaptive and HD top out at 48kHz, but it’s probably the 514x chip that makes the difference as you say, since it’s part of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Sound thing which sets out to enable 96kHz via Bluetooth.

Eager to hear more about the UTWS5.

Sep 9, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #311 of 547
Actually aptX Adaptive and HD top out at 48kHz, but it’s probably the 514x chip that makes the difference as you say, since it’s part of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Sound thing which sets out to enable 96kHz via Bluetooth.

Eager to hear more about the UTWS5.
Yep, you are right.

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #312 of 547

Yes and no, it is really more as an improved version of the original TWS, by combing some of TWS+ feature

TWS uses one side of the earpieces as master and the other as slave, so signal goes from smartphone > master > slave. The upside is this is a simple configuration and most smartphone have no problem supporting this. The downside is that if you lose connection to the master, you will lose connection the slave as well. Also, the connection between master and slave is often not nearly as strong as the connection between smartphone and master, so slave can often lose connection on its own.

TWS+ uses two separate channels to each earpieces, so there is no master or slave but both sides run somewhat independently. Upside is that you avoid all the problem that TWS faces, downside is that it takes extra implementation to work and only a few (* and generally the more expensive) Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC can support it.

TWM is similar to TWS that it also uses a master + slave configuration, but they can automatics change between being master and slave depends on connection strength. So if the master side loses connection, the slave side will immediately take over as master and resume back, so in theory losing connection to both side at the same time can be avoided, while at the same time it should be more compatible to more smartphone than TWS+.
Excellent, very standard explanation!
TWM is more technologically advanced and adapted to more devices than TWS+

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 16, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #313 of 547
This was announced almost a month ago but somehow I missed the whole thing.

TRN BT30:
BT5.2, Qualcomm QCC3040 + amp chip, aptX, modular design, large charging case, 20hr battery life.
104216ux81w1wxfzuuotx4.jpg

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #315 of 547
i got the RMCE- TW 2 shure gen 2 adapter. While it feels comfortable to use, one drawback is i am experiencing huge mismatch between left and right side battery levels.
if it is not run on TWS+ mode but only TWS mode, then it is normal for the master side to use more battery than the slave side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back