The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Aug 12, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #466 of 547
Has the current utws5 fw got that feature?

I'm not sure whether Fiio next UTWS version is coming soon but Im looking for one tws adapter to use my IEMs with, probably for now with the Andromeda with Katana and Z1R in the future so Mmcx, any recommendation? Or should I wait for a new version?
I’ve had UTWS3 & 5. 3s didn’t satisfy me, but …

FiiO m15 ==> UTWS5 ==> Vega | iBasso IT07 make excellent pairings — will lay a bit of AKM velvet sound warmth on your Andro, though :)

I managed to kill my UTWS5 (user f-up) — waiting for 15s now, but getting tired of falling back to 3s or f-ing w/ cables while riding.

As @ClieOS said, Ambient is stable — useful for me at work. Control via app is very convenient.

Aug 17, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #467 of 547
Anyone here has used the Oppo Enco X2, and similar TWS buds?
If so, are there options from Soundpeats/Anker that match the fidelity of the Oppo?

I currently have the X2 and they are excellent for all genres of music and convenient to take calls at the same time.

I'm looking for another pair of TWS for the wife and would like to discover other brands with similar/better sound quality under $120.

Let me know.

Aug 17, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #468 of 547
If so, are there options from Soundpeats/Anker that match the fidelity of the Oppo?

I currently have the X2 and they are excellent for all genres of music and convenient to take calls at the same time.

I'm looking for another pair of TWS for the wife and would like to discover other brands with similar/better sound quality under $120.

Let me know.

We are mainly discussing TWS adapters (*the kind that turns wired IEM to wireless IEM) here, not TWS earphones. You will have a better response asking those questions in the IEM forum.

Aug 18, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #469 of 547

Let me know.
Haven't tried those personally. You should ask in the TWS thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

Aug 20, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #471 of 547
Aug 21, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #473 of 547
What about that mono and connectivity issues in LDAC mode you mentioned few posts above?
Those are fixed on the latest firmware, provided if your smartphone has at least a Qualcomm SD888 or better SoC.

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #474 of 547
I am thinking of getting Shanling M0 Pro as a simple LDAC transmitter to the ifi go pods - does anyone tried this solution? I want something like this to leave phone at home, have a mini ldac transmitter and go on half hour errands.

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #475 of 547
I am thinking of getting Shanling M0 Pro as a simple LDAC transmitter to the ifi go pods - does anyone tried this solution? I want something like this to leave phone at home, have a mini ldac transmitter and go on half hour errands.
I have this combo. Do noted that given M0 Pro doesn't have a qualified Qualcomm SnapDragon SoC, your LDAC on the Go Pod will be limited to 660kbps max. It is still very listenable though.

Aug 21, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #476 of 547
I have this combo. Do noted that given M0 Pro doesn't have a qualified Qualcomm SnapDragon SoC, your LDAC on the Go Pod will be limited to 660kbps max. It is still very listenable though.
Good to know thx. Do you know if any of other portables from Shanling or Hiby have the Qualcomm chip?

Aug 21, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #477 of 547
Good to know thx. Do you know if any of other portables from Shanling or Hiby have the Qualcomm chip?
Only SnapDragon 888 and beyond are SnapDragon Sound certified and those are the one that support 990kbps with Go Pod. I don't play attention to upper end DAP but last I recalled, Shanling or Hiby mostly use SnapDragon 665 for their higher end DAP and that chip is a generation too old to support Snapdragon Sound. They also mostly use Ingenic processor for their lower end DAP which of course don't support Snapdragon Sound as well.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #478 of 547
Aug 21, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #480 of 547
Those are fixed on the latest firmware, provided if your smartphone has at least a Qualcomm SD888 or better SoC.
Great, just one more question if you don't mind. Is SQ at least somewhat at the level of say BTR7?
Got some higher end TWS recently and was quite disappointed by how far behind they trail on the technical performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back