The TV Thread (What's on your television?)
Oct 24, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #46 of 89
My computer desktop.

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #47 of 89
I've been watching American Chopper, American Guns, Family Jewels,Ultimate Fighter,Making the Cut,Breaking Bad,I never had a tv schedule it's weird

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #48 of 89
also boss (starz) and homeland (showtime) are both great.  If starz can become a major player in actual premium television, that would be quite the transformation.

Boss has the makings of a great political drama and Kelsey Grammer is so terrifyingly great in it judging from the pilot.

My favorite show of the season, yes, ahead of even Homeland.

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #49 of 89
Homeland is surprisingly compelling so far. The cast is outstanding. I hope it maintains this level throughout.

For those who've yet to be inducted, The Wire is the absolute pinnacle of the medium imo. Mad Men, Friday Night Lights (minus some hiccups), The West Wing are others worth looking into.

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #50 of 89
At the risk of agreeing with general consensus, which I am usually loth to do, The Wire is still the best drama that ever aired.  It is the meterstick by which all new dramas are measured. Too bad it didn't get much press until its last season - it has built its huge following over the last few years, but never attracted Soprano-like numbers during its run.

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #51 of 89
I've just watched the last three episodes of The Good Wife and my most prevalent thought is "Why the heck hasn't Alan Cumming won for his work on this show yet?!"

Then I realize that he was up against John Lithgow for his work in Dexter and then he was up against Peter Dinklage for his work on Game of Thrones. And then he'll probably lose again to Aaron Paul next year for Paul's work on Breaking Bad.

Oh well.

His work as Eli Gold is still amazing on this show, which is really really good too in its own right.

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #52 of 89
Auction Hunters

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #54 of 89

Quote:
Been watching 'Storage Wars' and 'Cash in the Attic' myself. I love the 'trash for treasure' shows.

HAHA, Dave on Storage Wars cracks me up

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #57 of 89
Did you see that special of Storage Wars where they showed another group of guys from Texas? I hoped they would start airing those guys as well, but haven't seen anything on them yet.

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #58 of 89
I'm watching this wild life show where these guys are going into the jungle then finding and playing with poisonous snakes. Not a word of English spoken but I can understand the whole thing. Very scary indeed. 

Oct 26, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #59 of 89
Recorded Arsenal football games. Besides that, I don't think I ever watch TV anymore.

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #60 of 89
The World Series!

Well, not tonight. But I'll watch the remaining one or two games. I hope it goes to seven.

I tune in the World Series every year. NCAA football is the only sport I really follow, but I sorta keep an eye on the Dodgers and generally enjoy baseball. The World Series is always exciting and I watch more for good baseball than root for any team. I like the Cards since I lived a bit in St. Louis, but nothing against the Rangers.

March Madness is worth following, too, just to watch exciting games.

Though I'm a little sad I can't get the World Series on AM. For many years, I'd tune it in on an old tube radio. Not sure why, but baseball, radio and vacuum tubes go well together. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back