The TV Thread (What's on your television?)
Oct 9, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #17 of 89

Quote:
LOL. Noir Chang was easily the best part of the episode.
I'm getting a but tired of all the bickering by the study group though.

It's definitely getting a little old. And I felt sorry for Todd :frowning2:

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #18 of 89
This religious thing they're doing on Dexter this season might be a little too much for some. No Astor or Cody sighting yet. Are they going to be in this show, still? I forgot what happened to Rita's house btw. Who's living there again?

Also, there's this new show on HBO - Enlightened - seems like Eat, Pray, Love for TV. But it's on HBO... it stars Laura Dern... and written by Mike White... so it's probably a much more quality version of Eat, Pray, Love.

tumblr_lswldyUwbI1qcx7jz.gif

That part cracked me up.

And if anyone loves turtles...

tumblr_lswlg48lD41qcx7jz.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #19 of 89

Quote:
This religious thing they're doing on Dexter this season might be a little too much for some. No Astor or Cody sighting yet. Are they going to be in this show, still? I forgot what happened to Rita's house btw. Who's living there again?

It's a ho hum season so far, (as of the first two episodes) but it always starts slow.  The religious killers seem super campy thus far, but they'll probably delve into the backstory which will (hopefully) be scintillating as usual.  

New showtime program "Homeland" is pretty entertaining, although one reviewer's characterization as Manchurian Candidate the Series seems pretty accurate 

The fact that Party Down isn't coming back is possibly the biggest travesty since Arrested Development being cancelled.  Ken Marino (The State) + Bill from Freaks and Geeks+some Parks and Rec magic+Jane Lynch uncensored+ being able to do whatever you want on Starz = two of the best comedic seasons ever to come to tv.

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #20 of 89
I completely agree. Party Down is such an amazing show. 2 seasons wasn't near enough, and most of it without Jane Lynch...

That reminds me...I need to catch up on Dexter.

Quote:

It's a ho hum season so far, (as of the first two episodes) but it always starts slow.  The religious killers seem super campy thus far, but they'll probably delve into the backstory which will (hopefully) be scintillating as usual.  

New showtime program "Homeland" is pretty entertaining, although one reviewer's characterization as Manchurian Candidate the Series seems pretty accurate 

The fact that Party Down isn't coming back is possibly the biggest travesty since Arrested Development being cancelled.  Ken Marino (The State) + Bill from Freaks and Geeks+some Parks and Rec magic+Jane Lynch uncensored+ being able to do whatever you want on Starz = two of the best comedic seasons ever to come to tv.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #21 of 89
I'm running a few years behind. :)

Right now, I'm going through the DVD sets of "Lost." Love it!

Next up, I got the DVD sets of "Mad Men" cheap at BestBuy, through season four. Am looking forward to it!

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #22 of 89

Quote:
And if anyone loves turtles...
tumblr_lswlg48lD41qcx7jz.gif

What I'm enjoying that's airing currently is The Ultimate Fighter, Community, Parks and Rec, Top Shot, and Castle.  Gotta get on the new season of Walking Dead.  Season 1 sucked because of its very hurried conclusion.  I watch Chopped too.  I'm intrigued by Suburgatory, but know very little about it.  I watch a lot of crap late at night to escape.

Wifey likes Awkward.  I don't really.  The protagonist is quite pretty though.  She likes Covert Affairs too.

The kids are glued to Chuggington, Special Agent Oso, Thomas and Friends, and Electric Company.

Stuff that I love to watch that aren't on right now include Mad Men, Weeds, Warehouse 13, Pretty Little Liars (horrible acting and all... gotta finish up what's on the DVR), Top Chef, White Collar, and Breaking Bad.

Stuff that will no longer be produced that I liked are Lost, Flashforward, and Party Down.  Firefly and Freaks & Geeks have been strongly recommended to me also.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #24 of 89
I don't own a TV but I just started watching Babylon 5 on my computer.

If I ever buy a TV it will never be hooked up to cable or satellite. That content delivery scheme is outdated IMO and it's far more costly than what I'd ever be willing to pay. I'd probably hook up an antenna for local channels though for use during emergencies.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #25 of 89
^ Not worth it, only for sports and even then just the playoffs....still up for debate if it's worth $1200 a year (+HD +DVR because it really isn't worth it if you don't have those!)

What do i watch? DIY shows because we're fixing up our houses. Ghost shows, House, happy to see the Cities of the underworld guy is back on TV. On my PC i have...Scrubs, Frasier, Community, IASIP, Mad Men, The Big C, Robot Chicken, Family Guy.

When it came to Breaking Bad and Dexter i would get the Blu-rays from Netflix, but then they sent me a SD version of Dexter in 4:3 ASPECT ratio!! Oh man was i psst! So i stopped that and we canned the disc service because they were doubling the price. But now my Ps3 broke again so i'm going to try and fix it, i refuse to watch these shows on my monitor. I got BB to stream to the DVR but it's in 4:3, i hear if the bitrate is too high the box can't handle it and butchers the quality.
Waiting for The Office SEason 7 to come to streaming. I don't really stay up to date with shows so i can't chat about them on the internet.....and i don't want to come across spoilers.
I tried watching that Doctor Who but can't really get into it.....

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #26 of 89
Oct 15, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #28 of 89

Quote:
^ I hope you were singing it when you typed it.

Oh I was :wink:

Also, if anyone can find the main theme "at least it was here", full length and flac, I would greatly appreciate it. I only have 256kbps AAC right now.

Oct 17, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #30 of 89
So the season premiere of The Walking Dead was meh...

For starters, how the heck did a horde of zombies get to them that close without anyone of them them noticing earlier? Wasn't Dale on the roof of the RV for a while before the walkers arrived? Although I liked the the action and that entire sequence seemed enjoyably tense.

tumblr_lt80saXZfK1qd0d6wo1_400.gif

I found it a bit odd though that Rick opted to leave Sophia in the woods when he had other better and more obvious options imo. That was either poor writing or simply a major ****-up by Rick. Either way, I just didn't like how it led to the rest of the episode being them just looking for the girl with little advancement in plot. Some character development was nice, but for a season premiere, a huge chunk of it felt like I was watching a filler episode...

The one character that I thought was great in the episode was Lori. She seemed like she grew some balls since last season. She seemed genuinely toughened and put people in their place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back