The Toneking discussion lounge
Mar 29, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #317 of 351
Well my first foray into the Kings land was and in a word WHAM! (From a baby beer keg) :rolling_eyes:

Shocking Opus.jpg

Then I got the awesome and extremely tweak-able headless silver snowmen:grin:

Mythical Rig.JPG

And finally I bit on the dream wood iem I've been wanting for so long and now with TK's 11th anniversary sale and coupons I feel like I stole these for $134:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Q Devils.JPG

Guess I better start saving for the AGATE V10's now:thinking::yum::beerchug:

1617063811617.png

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #318 of 351
Well my first foray into the Kings land was and in a word WHAM! (From a baby beer keg) :rolling_eyes:

Shocking Opus.jpg

Then I got the awesome and extremely tweak-able headless silver snowmen:grin:

Mythical Rig.JPG

And finally I bit on the dream wood iem I've been wanting for so long and now with TK's 11th anniversary sale and coupons I feel like I stole these for $134:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Q Devils.JPG

Guess I better start saving for the AGATE V10's now:thinking::yum::beerchug:

1617063811617.png
Please when you have time share your brief impressions about the Lucifer , i am also interested in this and want to know about the sound signature/quality , thanks ,

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #319 of 351
Mar 30, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #320 of 351
Please when you have time share your brief impressions about the Lucifer , i am also interested in this and want to know about the sound signature/quality , thanks ,

If you go back a few pages my take on them is very close to @FlowLikeWater 's, of his 3 part description the Atmospheric signature comes closest for me however when I went 4N pure silver balanced cable with well over 100 hours burn they really lifted the bass overtone of the iem and has allowed extension as well as clarity in the higher ranges and for me at least it also solidified congested passages like I was amazed at just how much better they became with my Infected Mushroom stuff after 100 hours and the Nice 4N PS cable :thumbsup: Pod's never really been a reviewer but on the same token never has he shied away from telling you what his old ears hear:wink: They sound really sweet balanced out my BTR3K and Qudelix K5 but balanced out my Shanling M3S they are killer now but if you know my take we all hear them a little differently and clearly YMMV:rolling_eyes:

Listening to some classic Supertramp is just sublime:beerchug:

Sublime Silver.JPG

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #321 of 351
I guess I got to burn mine then, they've got maybe 30 or 40 hours and frankly they still sound quite horrible to me because of their excessive warmth.

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #322 of 351
I guess I got to burn mine then, they've got maybe 30 or 40 hours and frankly they still sound quite horrible to me because of their excessive warmth.

I hate to here that, I do think this pure silver balanced cable out of certain sources changes that bass shadow but as always :rolling_eyes:

Apr 26, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #323 of 351
Hi guys. Just few words. I have Lucifer and also new i bout AGATE. About AGATE - V10 - i will try to make deeper feedback, now thei are still under burning. But first impresion - perfect sound, very fast, as electrostatic, extremly deep bass but no bumy, airy and great tonality - all is like alive, no like reproduction. Just - they re sensitive for player and also tips /but i think, it´s generaly/. About Lucifer - they are extremly comfortable, it´s like part of your ears. Sound - need burning, but no long as for AGATE. Yes, they are warm, bot if you use SABRE DAC, it´s perfect combination. If you use something like Cirrus or etc, yes, it´s warm. Tonality is great for me. No extremly transparent, but for enjoy listening good. Bass - yes, they are focused on bass, and bass is by native little bit bummy. But!!!! I closed with tape ventilation hole /medical clothing tape, it´s mean still is there some ventilation/, and bass start be more crispy and accurate. Tips - with some tips they are realy bass head IEM, extremly techno bass. But with some other tips, there isn´t any bass, is almost all gone. I played with many different tips, and finaly i found great one for me - "double skirt" tips. I´m definitely no bass head, i hate strong and bummy bass. For example - i have ATH-W5000, about all people say - they no have bass. But for me is more than enough. It´s mean - if you use right tips, and right player, plus you will close ventilation hole, you will get realy great sound for that price. Yes, they are not great in transparency, but microdetails are there, and voice touch you with breathing. They are not cold as ice, but also no warm as hot poridge. I love them. AGATE - V10 - it´s total different story. Even they keep mr.Tiankui tonality, they are realy strong competitor for many other expensive IEM. Just as i said - very sensitive for player/amp and tips. And need looooong burning, more than 100hours...ufff....

Jul 30, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #324 of 351
Hi guys. Just few words. I have Lucifer and also new i bout AGATE. About AGATE - V10 - i will try to make deeper feedback, now thei are still under burning. But first impresion - perfect sound, very fast, as electrostatic, extremly deep bass but no bumy, airy and great tonality - all is like alive, no like reproduction. Just - they re sensitive for player and also tips /but i think, it´s generaly/. About Lucifer - they are extremly comfortable, it´s like part of your ears. Sound - need burning, but no long as for AGATE. Yes, they are warm, bot if you use SABRE DAC, it´s perfect combination. If you use something like Cirrus or etc, yes, it´s warm. Tonality is great for me. No extremly transparent, but for enjoy listening good. Bass - yes, they are focused on bass, and bass is by native little bit bummy. But!!!! I closed with tape ventilation hole /medical clothing tape, it´s mean still is there some ventilation/, and bass start be more crispy and accurate. Tips - with some tips they are realy bass head IEM, extremly techno bass. But with some other tips, there isn´t any bass, is almost all gone. I played with many different tips, and finaly i found great one for me - "double skirt" tips. I´m definitely no bass head, i hate strong and bummy bass. For example - i have ATH-W5000, about all people say - they no have bass. But for me is more than enough. It´s mean - if you use right tips, and right player, plus you will close ventilation hole, you will get realy great sound for that price. Yes, they are not great in transparency, but microdetails are there, and voice touch you with breathing. They are not cold as ice, but also no warm as hot poridge. I love them. AGATE - V10 - it´s total different story. Even they keep mr.Tiankui tonality, they are realy strong competitor for many other expensive IEM. Just as i said - very sensitive for player/amp and tips. And need looooong burning, more than 100hours...ufff....
PS: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/toneking-v10-alias-agate.25214/reviews#review-26079

Jul 30, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #325 of 351
As an all BA iem I would not expect much change in even a 100 hour burn as BA's have very little pistonic motion therefore you are not stretching them out like you would with a DD. I appreciate your take on them as I've been battling my urge for this color set for a while now :rolling_eyes: This ir my favorite wood iem look eva:yum:

1627651076611.png

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #326 of 351
As an all BA iem I would not expect much change in even a 100 hour burn as BA's have very little pistonic motion therefore you are not stretching them out like you would with a DD. I appreciate your take on them as I've been battling my urge for this color set for a while now :rolling_eyes: This ir my favorite wood iem look eva:yum:

1627651076611.png
You can be right. These Agate is my first BA IEM, rest is just DD or hybrid. Just guys from Tone King told me, that they need long time for burning. I think, more important is find a realy right tips for them. Btw, yes, they are nice, very beautiful and sound is for me...georgeus... i don´t want listen anything other, including my big headphones with triple price... :)

Feb 7, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #327 of 351
Anyone able to point me in the direction of some Shockwave IIIs at a reasonable price? Getting back into IEMs and I remember the bass response off those being like nothing I'd heard before or since. Or do they do anything similar these days?

Feb 8, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #329 of 351
Anyone able to point me in the direction of some Shockwave IIIs at a reasonable price? Getting back into IEMs and I remember the bass response off those being like nothing I'd heard before or since. Or do they do anything similar these days?
I've always been satisfied with Beteran's service/delivery, I paid $195 for my original non removable cable model and the addition of MMCX imo has made them worth <$225.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...;221.35;-1;-1@salePrice;USD;search-mainSearch

I love Toneking iem's and they have been one of the most and best (once again in my opinion) Chi-Fi manufacturers out here. One of my current go 2's is my grab-n-go traveler's TRN BT20S Pro off my iPhone 12 or Balanced into my Qudelix 5K on my Lucifer's :wink: The Shockwaves bass hits like a cannon. Speaking of the 1812 cannons are incredible through the III's :grin:

Travel Light.jpg

Q Devils.JPG

Shocking bass actually :beerchug:

Shocking Opus.jpg

Feb 8, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #330 of 351
I've always been satisfied with Beteran's service/delivery, I paid $195 for my original non removable cable model and the addition of MMCX imo has made them worth <$225.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32969839394.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.12c22fecUTtTcm&algo_pvid=13f30e71-991c-4c6d-b657-5146cb05de21&algo_exp_id=13f30e71-991c-4c6d-b657-5146cb05de21-1&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"66600117167"}&pdp_pi=-1;221.35;-1;-1@salePrice;USD;search-mainSearch

I love Toneking iem's and they have been one of the most and best (once again in my opinion) Chi-Fi manufacturers out here. One of my current go 2's is my grab-n-go traveler's TRN BT20S Pro off my iPhone 12 or Balanced into my Qudelix 5K on my Lucifer's :wink: The Shockwaves bass hits like a cannon. Speaking of the 1812 cannons are incredible through the III's :grin:

Travel Light.jpg
Q Devils.JPG

Shocking bass actually :beerchug:

Shocking Opus.jpg
I see them there for like €260 before shipping and that's WITH a discount. Should I hold off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back