The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
Apr 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #376 of 750
Quote:
I have a Headamp AE-2. How good is it supposed to sound with it? The AE-2 is half way in quality between the original Pico and (supposedly) Pico Power. What's the optimal amplification for the Paradox? Is it supposed to scale a lot? Is it one of those headphones, like the AD2000, which shine even with the AE2 or the Gilmore Lite? Or is it harder to please, like Sennheiser HD650 or LCD-2? Thanks

In my experience it's closer to LCD-2 in this regard. D2's internal amp was obviously better than schiit asgard.

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #377 of 750
Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a Headamp AE-2. How good is it supposed to sound with it? The AE-2 is half way in quality between the original Pico and (supposedly) Pico Power. What's the optimal amplification for the Paradox? Is it supposed to scale a lot? Is it one of those headphones, like the AD2000, which shine even with the AE2 or the Gilmore Lite? Or is it harder to please, like Sennheiser HD650 or LCD-2? Thanks

Optimal amplification is a little tough to say with absolute certainty.  What we can say is that the Paradox scales very well.  The budget-friendly Objective2 amp works great in bringing some of the Paradox' best qualities.. but people have reported even better sound when running it off of certain tube amps & speaker amps (with the Paradox being connected to speaker taps).  I've found that it performs great with 1000 mW of power.. if you're looking for a discrete solution (in size and circuitry), the Schiit Magni might be a good choice.  I had the Magni briefly.. but my Paradox was/is still on tour, so I wasn't able to hear how the two paired.  I'm sure some others here have heard this pairing, though.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #379 of 750
I'm a Paradox headphone owner and I'm wondering if I can perform pad replacement without interfering with the modification. Is it as simple as pulling off the pads and putting on new ones?

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #380 of 750
Yes, you can pull off the pads without the Paradox falling apart on you - keep in mind though that Luis tuned the sound of your Paradox with the earpads you have on right now. Changing the earpads will likely impact that sound.

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #381 of 750
Quote:
Yes, you can pull off the pads without the Paradox falling apart on you - keep in mind though that Luis tuned the sound of your Paradox with the earpads you have on right now. Changing the earpads will likely impact that sound.

What if I use the same type of pads? It should have the same sound right? I'm currently using Brainwavz HM5 pads and I will eventually replace it with another pair of HM5 pads.

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #382 of 750

What if I use the same type of pads? It should have the same sound right? I'm currently using Brainwavz HM5 pads and I will eventually replace it with another pair of HM5 pads.
Then it will be the same:)

May 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #385 of 750
Quote:
Just received Flysweep's Paradox today.  I'll save the impressions towards the end of my time with them but these are very comfy and sounds very, very good.  

2 more weeks till I get them
size]

May 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #387 of 750
May 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #388 of 750
Does LFF make incremental improvements to the Paradox or are they "finished?" There have been a few recently done by Dan over at Mr. Speakers (a total of 3 different versions within roughly a 2-month period) and upgraded mods are going to be a $30 option on his site in the near future. However, I wish I had thought more carefully and realized that I had bought a work-in-progress rather than a finished piece of kit....sorry to derail a bit, but I'm feeling some disappointment with this news.

May 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #389 of 750
Man, if I would have thought about it sooner, it would have been really smart to see if we could have had Flysweep's Paradoxeseseses sent down to the Canlanta meet. Poopers. 

Doublea71, I believe I've read a few times that there is only one sound for all the different Paradox headphones, as he released them exactly as he wanted them the first time. The different price points, colors and options are there for fun and customization, but don't make any difference to the sound. If I'm mistaken, I'm happy to be corrected, but I believe this is accurate. 

May 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #390 of 750
Quote:
Man, if I would have thought about it sooner, it would have been really smart to see if we could have had Flysweep's Paradoxeseseses sent down to the Canlanta meet. Poopers. 

Doublea71, I believe I've read a few times that there is only one sound for all the different Paradox headphones, as he released them exactly as he wanted them the first time. The different price points, colors and options are there for fun and customization, but don't make any difference to the sound. If I'm mistaken, I'm happy to be corrected, but I believe this is accurate. 

You are correct
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back