The Stax thread
Aug 9, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #121 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Well, currently, it seems that these Lambda Sigs are they cheapest way to go. Only problem is that I don't know too much about them and that it seems they are incredibly bright/harsh? I'm coming from SA5k's and didn't find them to be bright or harsh at all, but is the Lambda Sig a whole other beast when it comes to this?

The SA5k is similar in terms of brightness, but it's spread over the entire treble region, whereas the Sig and 404 tend to have their brightness in a lump. The Staxes are less veiled and more aetherial sounding than the SA5k, but are less meaty sounding.

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #122 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
The SA5k is similar in terms of brightness, but it's spread over the entire treble region, whereas the Sig and 404 tend to have their brightness in a lump. The Staxes are less veiled and more aetherial sounding than the SA5k, but are less meaty sounding.

How big of a difference would you say there is between the Sig on Audiogon and the 303/404?

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #123 of 2,694
If I was you I would wait for a Lambda Pro to show up. I really dont think you would be dissapointed. Just keep a close eye on E-bay and be ready to pounce !
lambda.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #124 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn
If I was you I would wait for a Lambda Pro to show up. I really dont think you would be dissapointed. Just keep a close eye on E-bay and be ready to pounce !
lambda.gif

Okay, now I'm confused. The thing on Audiogon is a Lambda Signature. The thing you are talking about is the Lambda Signature Pro, right? What's the difference other than power requirements/pins? I remembe reading something about Pro's coming out later, so would that mean they are better?

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #125 of 2,694
Quote:

Okay, now I'm confused. The thing on Audiogon is a Lambda Signature. The thing you are talking about is the Lambda Signature Pro, right? What's the difference other than power requirements/pins? I remembe reading something about Pro's coming out later, so would that mean they are better?

Lol, forget the names, black lambda with 5 pins = lambda pro, brown lambda with 5 pins = lambda pro signature/SR-404

forget about waiting for the lambda pro, they won't be easy to win with us around. =P

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #126 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
Lol, forget the names, black lambda with 5 pins = lambda pro, brown lambda with 5 pins = lambda pro signature/SR-404

forget about waiting for the lambda pro, they won't be easy to win with us around. =P

confused.gif

So what are these: http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....lan&1158935039

Stax land is oh so confusing...

Aug 9, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #128 of 2,694
Quote:

Okay, now I'm confused. The thing on Audiogon is a Lambda Signature. The thing you are talking about is the Lambda Signature Pro, right?

Same thing!

SR-Λ - 1979
SR-Λ Pro - 1982
SR-Λ Signature - 1987
SR-Λ Spirit - 1992
Lambda Nova Basic - 1994
Lambda Nova Classic - 1994
Lambda Nova Signature - 1994
SR-202 - 1999
SR-303 - 1999
SR-404 - 1999

Whether someone writes Pro Sig or Sig, they mean the same headphone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma

I'm 90% sure the Sigs are black too.

Aug 9, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #129 of 2,694
Carl - Could you please get on MSN? I think it'd be easier to help sort this out that way and then we could possibly talk about clarifying the various Lambda deals.

EDIT: What does Jahn use? He says "Lambda Pro" in his sig. So, from what you said, does that mean that the audiogon and the eBay are the same thing that he uses?

Aug 9, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #130 of 2,694
Quote:

EDIT: What does Jahn use? He says "Lambda Pro" in his sig. So, from what you said, does that mean that the audiogon and the eBay are the same thing that he uses?

The 1982 version, the Lambda Pro.

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:24 AM Post #135 of 2,694
The Lambda Signature, Lambda Nova Signature and the 404 are the same colour - a sort of dark chocolate brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back