The Stax Thread III
Sep 15, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #19,082 of 25,504
I bet the two grub screws are still in place inside the threading but need to be tightened. You'll need a 2,5mm hex head screw driver to do so.

they are not, sadly

EDIT:

I confess I skimmed through your message. Only now I’ve ready HEX. That’s why I thought the threading was empty. I was looking for a regular screw. I am stupid but now I am a happy stupid. Problem solved, thanks a MILLION and sorry for being hasty! Hooray

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #19,083 of 25,504
Hello Guys, I finally got my END GAME set up. Kerry's KGST with 007MK2, getting the source from a turntable and ibasso DX220 MAX (when it comes) Most organic and detailed sound I have ever heard!

The wait was the most painful thing I have experienced during delivery day.

Attachments

• 1amp.jpg
    1amp.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1hps.jpg
    1hps.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 15, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #19,084 of 25,504
Hello Guys, I finally got my END GAME set up. Kerry's KGST with 007MK2, getting the source from a turntable and ibasso DX220 MAX (when it comes) Most organic and detailed sound I have ever heard!

Congrats, Chimmy.

Kerry does such great work.

Sep 16, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #19,088 of 25,504
Today I made a cinch cable.
Inakustik NF 202 reference.

20200916_180105.jpg

Sep 17, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #19,089 of 25,504
I got a used SR-727 II energiser modded from another user here. A few impressions later. I've been curious does anyone know when Stax manufactured the 727's? I'm trying to pinpoint a general timeframe when mine was made. The user told me something about 2013, but to me it looks more like an 80's design.

Awesome to hear about an endgame. I hear that term being thrown around here colloquially until something better is 'discovered'. Which are some of the other energizers you've tried to compare it to such as Blue Hawaii, KGSSHV, etc.?

Sep 17, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #19,090 of 25,504
I got a used SR-727 II energiser modded from another user here. A few impressions later. I've been curious does anyone know when Stax manufactured the 727's? I'm trying to pinpoint a general timeframe when mine was made. The user told me something about 2013, but to me it looks more like an 80's design.

Awesome to hear about an endgame. I hear that term being thrown around here colloquially until something better is 'discovered'. Which are some of the other energizers you've tried to compare it to such as Blue Hawaii, KGSSHV, etc.?

Here is a website that lists when Stax products were introduced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Stax_products

According to this, the SRM-727A was introduced in 2006, the SRM-727 II in 2007.

Sep 20, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #19,091 of 25,504
Thanks.
I have a demo pair of 007’s coming to me this weekend. I am going to run it through its paces on my Birgir Carbon and compare it to my 009S.

I am looking to expand my Stax repertoire and try to add something new. I think I may be able to achieve a different flavor with a new pair of headphones (007) rather than an additional new amplifier. Current setup is the 009S/Carbon and L300LE/353XBK LE and I am not sure an additional amplifier will change things up enough when compared to my current amps. Carbon is totl and I do not think the BHSE will be different enough from it. Better off trying a new headphone.
Try perun headphones they sound different than all Stax and more like zmf (very natural) phones bcz of wood cups !

Sep 20, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #19,093 of 25,504
Does anyone know anything about the T1W? Looks like it features qn adjustable bias, 480 to 580V.

Could Jim's CCS modification be done to the T1W? It features the Same circuit as the T1/S?

It does have the adjustable bias. Electrically, the CCS mod could be done but physically, you would have to find a way to mount the heatsinks for the CCS. In the T1 and T1S the heatsinks can be mounted to the side of the chassis near where the output plate resistors were on the circuit board, however in the T1W the circuit board is oriented so the output plate resistors are just behind the volume control, so you would have to rig up some sort of bracket to locate the heatsink roughly where the output resistors used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back