The Stax Thread III
Mar 5, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #14,493 of 25,570
Found this Japanese blog on someone who got their L300L... yeah those pads are definitely NOT L300 pads! Very nice detailed pictures in the blog:

http://moeaudio.blog29.fc2.com/blog-entry-7612.html

Anybody know Japanese?
The biggest 2 things are that it's a little lighter than the 500/700 and that he received an actual model, not a review model..although he also seems to think the next batch won't be until May.

Everything he said regarding the sound was pretty meaningless, just the same literary masturbation used on most Stax reviews. He claims it's close to the L700, though.

The Google translate of it is pretty accurate, although it struggles in the parts when he starts going wild with wording.

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #14,494 of 25,570
Coming back to Canorum wich has new V3 drivers including pads and also some other features.The Canorum is a jewel, that's the word wich comes in mind.It's the most difficult phone to describe how it sounds.There are screws on top where you can adjust clamping and fine tune the sound.

The sound of Canorum is unique, like a electrostatic Ultrasone edition 8 sound.It's a open sound but at the same time intimate and somehow closed.Female voices are creamy
still very clear and open,the voice whispers to your ears feeling.The Canorum V3 is full creamy sturdy sounding with solid bass.

Here some pictures, i comment more on sound later when i figure out what to say:)
The Canorum looks great and is well build,i guess some people would love this phone ,i'm one of them.

jewel 1.jpg

Attachments

• jewel 2.jpg
    jewel 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #14,496 of 25,570
Coming back to Canorum wich has new V3 drivers including pads and also some other features.The Canorum is a jewel, that's the word wich comes in mind.It's the most difficult phone to describe how it sounds.There are screws on top where you can adjust clamping and fine tune the sound.

The sound of Canorum is unique, like a electrostatic Ultrasone edition 8 sound.It's a open sound but at the same time intimate and somehow closed.Female voices are creamy
still very clear and open,the voice whispers to your ears feeling.The Canorum V3 is full creamy sturdy sounding with solid bass.

Here some pictures, i comment more on sound later when i figure out what to say:)
The Canorum looks great and is well build,i guess some people would love this phone ,i'm one of them.

you got me attempted sir. Libratum vs canorum? any comparison?

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #14,497 of 25,570
In Tokyo there will be an audio event in 10th (Saturday) and 11th (Sunday) http://www.dynamicaudio.jp/ stax is going to come and also some other manufactures. This is list of 1f floor headphone (until 20th this month)+.+ https://dynamicaudio55551f.wordpress.com/ and stax is going to demo the new limited headphones/amp, I can speak Japanese/English if any one interested so we can meet up and go together !

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #14,501 of 25,570
My OCD means I will tube roll it, but not today. It sounds great with the JJs spritzer shipped with it. I will stick to new production though..

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #14,502 of 25,570
My OCD means I will tube roll it, but not today. It sounds great with the JJs spritzer shipped with it. I will stick to new production though..

I do like J&J, out of all the tubes rolling I had done before, the J&J was the best in sound signatures. Next up would be Telefunken modern products, and both would be on the same level. However, the XF2 is something else, if one could find the means and the wills to afford real quad matched XF2. Those NOS seems to be built with “magic” lol!

Anyways, congratulations on the BH. Don’t forget to share your impressions !

Mar 6, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #14,504 of 25,570
It is a wonderfully effortless and natural sound with my sr007mk2.5. There have been many things written over the years about the BHSE and I have listened to Justins BHSE as well, and those things also apply to Spritzers BHSE. It to me is accurate, fast, detailed, neutral and extended on both sides. I wont post a detailed break down of my though as I have only about 5 hours listening, plus that is not my thing and no matter what, to really appreciate a TOTL stax setup, time needs to be spent with it. I threw a wide variety of music at it and in each case it was up to the challenge.

I am very satisfied with the purchase, Spritzer was very helpful, responsive and professional through the ordering and shipping process.

Current chain is Innuos Zen mk2 -> YGGY analog 1 -> BHSE -> 007mk2.5.
Loop outs go to my Rag. Dynamics in inventory are HD650s, AKG K701 and Beyerdynamic DT770pro

Power cables are old 12awg server cables that I reterminated to exact length(I am ocd about having loops of extra cable around).
Interconnects are cheapies from monoprice reterminated to exact length.
Digital cables are monoprice as well.

I will probably get around to making some nicer interconnects later this year.. when the prospect of hand braiding 15' of cables seems less irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back