The Stax Thread III
Sep 15, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #21,091 of 25,665
Maybe a silly question but for the better informed are we sure that the JPY MSRP translates to the USA/USD MSRP? I seem to remember from when I bought the 009 back in the day that the Japan price was lower than what I'd pay for it from an authorized USA reseller?
Looking at the pricing of the SR-009S, the MSRP might roughly translate.
But in Japan the street price could be about 10% cheaper, while there won't be any 'discounts' internationally.
Already 10% cheaper here:
https://www.fujiya-avic.co.jp/shop/g/g200000060690/

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #21,092 of 25,665
Maybe a silly question but for the better informed are we sure that the JPY MSRP translates to the USA/USD MSRP? I seem to remember from when I bought the 009 back in the day that the Japan price was lower than what I'd pay for it from an authorized USA reseller?
If japan is selling for 6k then maybe is 7-8k in us...

Sep 16, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #21,098 of 25,665
I'm curious how it sounds.
Hopefully not as bright as 009 and with less bass drop off

Sep 16, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #21,100 of 25,665
The Japanese like to turn their headphones upside down

wear

Attachments

• f9a02a639114e53acbfe36735d57f59.jpg
    f9a02a639114e53acbfe36735d57f59.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #21,101 of 25,665
First impressions translated from a Japanese website:
“In classical orchestral works, the role of each instrument can be clearly seen while expressing the expanse of space. It is a unique charm of Stax that you can see the details properly while creating a magnificent space.

If you dare to mention the difference between X9000 and 009S, the X9000 feels dry and silky, and the 009S feels a little damp and sticky air pressure. It seems that you can make your favorite choices around here according to the music you want to listen to.

However, this was an impression when I borrowed the new product as soon as possible, and even after actually playing it for a few hours, I felt a considerable change in the sound. Specifically, the impression that the power and reality of the low range deepens with each sound. The potential of ear speakers was expected to be still ahead.”

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #21,102 of 25,665
“In classical orchestral works, the role of each instrument can be clearly seen while expressing the expanse of space. It is a unique charm of Stax that you can see the details properly while creating a magnificent space.

If you dare to mention the difference between X9000 and 009S, the X9000 feels dry and silky, and the 009S feels a little damp and sticky air pressure. It seems that you can make your favorite choices around here according to the music you want to listen to.

However, this was an impression when I borrowed the new product as soon as possible, and even after actually playing it for a few hours, I felt a considerable change in the sound. Specifically, the impression that the power and reality of the low range deepens with each sound. The potential of ear speakers was expected to be still ahead.”

i pREfr damP AND siKLy

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #21,103 of 25,665

I decided I am going to try srx9000 out. So I am now selling my 007mk1 and 009 for it, but if it’s not my cup of tea then I am screwed.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #21,104 of 25,665
Most important to me is the comparison between the srx9000 and CRBN.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #21,105 of 25,665
I don’t speak the language. What were the main findings? :beerchug:

I'd be lying if I said I understood all of that was said crystal clear but over 90% of the talk was the points mentioned in the press release.

The rest about their own feeling is that, this is it, this is the most speaker like "earspeaker" they've come up with, it sounds different from previous models so they hope people will give it a try with the music they like to listen to. I am not sure if they implied that it's both improved from previous 009/S yet also more forgiving of poor recordings but it's sort of how I read into it (and it would answer many 007 / original omega fans prayers for those who disliked the 009 voicing for instance).

Still too rich for my blood but, if I had the funds and was still in headphone hobby, I'd clearly want to check them out, they look fabulous to me as well.

I agree these are more exciting than several of the flagship announcements of past couple of months except maybe for the Audeze but, somehow, my bet goes to Stax as they've been at it for a long while :) .

cheers,
arnaud

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back