The Stax Thread III
Sep 16, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #21,107 of 25,665
Most important to me is the comparison between the srx9000 and CRBN.

I think the CRBN has to first prove that it can compete with the 009 and 007. I'm not sold that it will best either, but then again all of this is speculation. :)

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #21,108 of 25,665
I think the CRBN has to first prove that it can compete with the 009 and 007. I'm not sold that it will best either, but then again all of this is speculation. :)
Yeah the CRBN announcement came way too early, they certainly weren't ready for a Release.

Still no User reviews available.

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #21,109 of 25,665
Yeah the CRBN announcement came way too early, they certainly weren't ready for a Release.

I wonder if they were anticipating the Stax flagship release and thought, well let's get people to send us their cash for orders before the Stax announcement. I might be wrong but I seem to have deja vu. Didn't something similar happen to the Voce also when the 9S came out at the same time? I kind of want Audeze to be wildly successful with their CRBN because this kind of competition in the estat is what we need for this technology, but I won't be committing my funds until I hear these both. It looks like canjam NYC 22 is going to be on fire!

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #21,110 of 25,665
Bob Katz has packed away his modified the SR-007 Mk2 because he preferred how the CRBN sounded (I assume he still has a KGSSHV Carbon).
So at the very least it is probably able to compete with these headphones. But of course, it costs well over double compared to an SR-007 Mk2, the SR-X9000 is way more again, and declaring one as the best is always going to be quite personal.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #21,111 of 25,665
I wonder if they were anticipating the Stax flagship release and thought, well let's get people to send us their cash for orders before the Stax announcement. I might be wrong but I seem to have deja vu. Didn't something similar happen to the Voce also when the 9S came out at the same time? I kind of want Audeze to be wildly successful with their CRBN because this kind of competition in the estat is what we need for this technology, but I won't be committing my funds until I hear these both. It looks like canjam NYC 22 is going to be on fire!
Yeah unfortunate for them Meze announced the Elite otherwise they would have ny cash for the CRBN.
Certainly didn't expect a new Stax this year

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #21,112 of 25,665

Both good points. Even just a few solid reviews would be helpful.. and I do have to say, if I knew about the Stax launch a few weeks ago, I probably wouldn't have orderd the CRBN. But at least these are exciting times for electrostatics, so I'm not really regretful. Still hoping the CRBN is really, really good.

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #21,113 of 25,665
Both good points. Even just a few solid reviews would be helpful.. and I do have to say, if I knew about the Stax launch a few weeks ago, I probably wouldn't have orderd the CRBN. But at least these are exciting times for electrostatics, so I'm not really regretful. Still hoping the CRBN is really, really good.
I think that's the right way to look at it. I almost committed to the CRBN also and I may still. I also think there are so many devoted Audeze fans (me included) that really want their first estat that the secondary market will also be very good for it. There's always going to be people that want these at some discount only. With the options nowadays for estat amplification being somewhat more accessible it may bring more folks to this tech too. The Stax flagship is in a bit of a different price class too especially in the USA/Europe it seems.

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #21,114 of 25,665
If you don't like it and can't return it, it probably won't be hard to sell on the 2nd hand market.

There is at least one potential Buyer

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #21,115 of 25,665
I would expect the CRBN to be closer to the Audeze house-sound and the Stax to the Stax house-sound.
Fron my experience with those 2 brands, it’s a completely different direction in sound.

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #21,116 of 25,665
Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #21,119 of 25,665
Just spoke with him on the phone- my order is in:sunglasses:

Sep 16, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #21,120 of 25,665
Just spoke with him on the phone- my order is in:sunglasses:
Congratulations... for me, it will be a loooooong wait. In my country, we pay something between 60% and 100% (via courier) of taxes on the value of the product + shipping. Insane!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back