The sound of the Ultrasone Pro (Proline) 750 Headphones
Sep 11, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #421 of 467
"We hear differently" "Agree to disagree" Someone should take notice of their own advice. Say it once and move on. The reason why some people wind others up, is because they keep saying the same things over and over and defending the same positon again and again. Headfiers do not need to defend anything and by "defending" a subjective position you accomplish nothing. Some like/appreciate a certain sound signature and others don't. Some like apples and some like oranges. Get over it.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #423 of 467
Sorry haloxt I edited my post before I viewed your post. Perhaps it is best I did as the thread would then head in a different direction and no doubt degenerate due to how easy it is to catch some fish.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #424 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can imagine how someone who has very large ears might be less comfortable in certain headphones.

my ears are pretty big and fit sooo nicely in the cd1k/cd3k cups, but well OTOH you could fall in love with an orangutan in that!

m_E38398E38383E38389E38395E382A9E383B3EFBC95.JPG

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #425 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kernmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"We hear differently" "Agree to disagree" Someone should take notice of their own advice. Say it once and move on. The reason why some people wind others up, is because they keep saying the same things over and over and defending the same positon again and again. Headfiers do not need to defend anything and by "defending" a subjective position you accomplish nothing. Some like/appreciate a certain sound signature and others don't. Some like apples and some like oranges. Get over it.

I think I understand what you are saying here, Kernmac. Keep in mind that I have not been on Head-Fi for several months prior to yesterday. There were two reasons for this: I was much too busy and I had grown tired of the seemingly pointless arguing on Head-Fi.
There is no value in your continued snide attacks on me, especially when you consider that I have made no comments over the past several months save for the ones I've made during the past two days. So, I believe, judging from your most recent comments that you are the one who should "get over it". I am way past and finished with taking any type of "defensive position" regarding any headphone. From here on, I plan to state my case and that will be it. If people want me to repeat myself I will refer them to a link which has my previously written words instead of repeating myself.

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #427 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I understand what you are saying here, Kernmac.
There is no value in your continued snide attacks on me,

I am way past and finished with taking any type of "defensive position" regarding any headphone. From here on, I plan to state my case and that will be it. If people want me to repeat myself I will refer them to a link which has my previously written words instead of repeating myself.

I don't think you do understand what I am saying at all.

I am simply saying that you take the bait from people who continue to wind you up, and that you "defend" the Proline 750 as if it is your mission in life.
Refering people to a link where you have stated your case is exactly the same as repeating yourself. I am saying you don't need to. Take it from me people already know your postion on the Proline 750; they are the best headphone you have ever heard, and they have the most realistic soundstage due to S logic. You know sound engineers that swear they are the best headphones they have ever used, and you listen to/analyse music as part of your profession so you must know what you are talking about. Right - people get it.

I disagree with you donunus, we here are all linked by a couple of our passions (Headphones and music) but that does not make us all friends.

I have grown tired of headfi- time for me to move on.

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #428 of 467
well we surely have no personal beef with each other to say we are enemies since most of us don't really know each other in our personal lives. We are all just like friends sharing our ideas here and there pretty much.

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #429 of 467
It is difficult for me to assume that every one who comes on to Head-Fi knows me and my opinions. Doesn't it make sense that if someone asks my opinion, they have never read it before? My opinions, so far, are well documented and if someone asks me a question that has been answered before, why shouldn't I refer them to a linked post where my opinion is posted? I think it would be rude for me to ignore them and their question or comment.
My best guess is that anyone who contacts me specifically for the purpose of condemning the Pro 750, in some way, would belong in one of two categories:
1. They've never read my comments before and are not familiar with me;
2. They've read my comments before. They are familiar with my views and they are condemning the Pro 750 specifically in an attempt to place me in a position of defending it.
If it is a Head-Fi name with which I'm unfamiliar, I will probably refer them to this thread and jpelg's thread where many opinions are written. That is probably the most courteous response I could give.
If any one else would like to "jump in ahead" of my responding, I would welcome your doing so. Here I'm referring to another Head-Fi member writing something such as "Peter's opinions on this subject are immensely well documented.... please see the following link..." or "Peter really likes the Pro 750, look through these forums...." or words to that effect.
I never want to assume that someone is deliberately being antagonistic. For this reason I will attempt to be courteous to anyone who writes to me specifically.

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #431 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter, 1000 post and you can join to the http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ger...rogram-438831/

Thanks for the information, Acix. I've heard of these cans and am indeed curious about them. When I have the time for a lengthy write, I am planning to do reviews on a couple of new (to me) headphones. After writing those, I have no doubt that I will more than qualify for this program from responding to those who disagree with me about my opinions. I've decided that my response won't be a defense. It will be a two sentence answer which will be "We apparently hear differently. To each their own preference." I'll let everyone else argue if they want.
On second thought, that really wouldn't be fair. I'll just put the above answer in my sig area. I guess I'll need to figure out something else to write about to qualify.

Edit: Acix, maybe I'm confusing these with another can. The frequency range on these seems somewhat on the limited side afaIct. Any comments on this?

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #432 of 467
Hey I am wondering what is the best ultrasone headphone purely for rap/electronica/heavy metal? Smooth treble and thumping bass is my style, does this sound like the 750? i already have the DT880 for classical/jazz/accoustic musics so I just need a bass monster preferably somethign which is a bit faster than the DT880.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #433 of 467
im so happy i bought these, they are due in a few days and by reading back here i just am so happy i decided to go with these instead of the Grado 225i. OH MY GOD I cannot wait, im so excited :]

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #434 of 467
I just got my 750s and have used them for a little while and i dont think I enjoy the sound very much. It's weird...idk if i like it yet because its just totally airy. It's odd...

i made a mistake in not researching the cord, but i am happy it detaches. So far, it's not so good for rock. Freaking awesome for classical and anything sound stage related. But i was hoping for an amazing rock experience, its heavily lacking in rock and metal. I think the Grado 225i may have been the better choice for me, as it was my other choice.

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #435 of 467
I can't listen to 75% of my pop music with ultrasone pro headphones because the soundstage in the recording is so bad.

The unnatural sound of pro headphones don't really go away from what I've tried unless you cotton mod
tongue.gif
they can be helped by changing up the rest of your setup though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back