The Single Power ES-1/2 repair and restoration thread
Sep 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #154 of 157
I don't want to speak on anyone else's behalf but I'm guessing he likes it sounds ~fabulous~ once it's properly built.

I've never heard a BHSE, but I just finished up my own variation on the ES-X and t's a huge step up from the SRD-7 and SRM-1 mk2. I also got to try it with the SR-007, and the SRM-1 mk2 didn't stand a chance against it. Spritzer kindly sent me a schematic for a version with current sources on the output, which I built. I've since added current sources to the input as well- not a huge difference as far as I can hear. Mine's with 12AT7 like the original SR-X, and EL34s on the output.

I'd definitely encourage people to try it as a DIY project. It's fairly inexpensive and simple to build (no hard to source parts!), and I'd be surprised if any of the first party amps sounded as good. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #156 of 157
That would make a killer office setup! How small can you get the power supply? I got the 2u chassis just to fit the transformer and cap bank, but I'm guessing it'll be tiiiny and run way cooler if you forgo the ccs and EL34s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back