The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Jan 12, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #437 of 775
I sent them a message yesterday but they ask about Amazon order number.

Can anybody share Amazon order number for T6 purchase? Another option for those who bought the player at Amazon to send them this message and post their answer here.
Here's the message to support@agptek.com.

"I bought Benjie T6 player and updated the player's firmware with Agptek firmware.
The latest AGPtek Version 1.2 does not allow to change tracks with the screen off.
I've downloaded v. 1.04Beta from your download site (which was supposed to enable the operation of the player with the screen off) but it did not help. I crosschecked the FW after downgrading and it shows that the player has v.1.04Beta now. The most this FW can do is fastforwarding with Left and Right buttons. Up and down buttons do not work with the screen off.
Could you please help me with this matter?"

Sorry if it seems weird to you but please try to help me solve this matter.

You bought the Benjie BT-6 directly from a China reseller? AGPtek sells and services their version in the rest of the world but they do not, and should not be expected to, support devices you did not buy from them.

If you read the first post I made in starting this thread you will see that I recommend contacting whomever you bought the device from for service.

Trying out different firmwares is completely on you, as is also outlined in my post.

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #438 of 775
Hi Alex,
1. Well your first problem is that you told them you bought a Benjie, and not an AGPtek :)

2. Also, I assumed that when the screen goes off the device goes into a "lock mode" by design so that you don't press buttons by mistake. Other DAPs have an explicit "lock" function.

3. To get the device to respond again, just press the power button.

4. So I would think you are not describing a bug, but a feature :)

1. You're right. I shoulda asked about Agptek.
2. Not quite correct. The description (point 6) reads "Update: the player can not be operated when the screen is off. (Former version: when the screen is off in the list interface, you can press the up/down arrow buttons to scroll up/down)"
3. Then (after pressing the power button) it's not in "screen off" mode (which I need).
4. I am not saying it's a bug. I am asking for the firmware to enable the player operate with the screen off.
Thank you for taking part in the discussion of my problem.

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #440 of 775
I don't know what is wrong but even the first Agptek firmware does not enable to change songs with the screen off. They claim it does, though.
Does anybody have the original T6 firmware? I asked the seller but he said he'd ask the factory about it. It's already been 2 weeks since that time. Still no response.

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #441 of 775
I don't know what is wrong but even the first Agptek firmware does not enable to change songs with the screen off. They claim it does, though.
Does anybody have the original T6 firmware? I asked the seller but he said he'd ask the factory about it. It's already been 2 weeks since that time. Still no response.

BenjieT6 v1.04 firmware download link is actually on first page, which is https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sel0j3p7ve7vpb/update.upt . Last time I check it's still very much available. The GUI isn't exactly sight for sore eyes. If the skip buttons won't work with screen off I think playlist might be a solution, I mean how many times will you need to skip your own selection.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #442 of 775
Rockbox for AGPTEK Rocker / update

So I restarted my work on the port. Today I got sound working. I am still pissed off by the Agptek's GPL voilation. Shame on you Agptek!!!! The bad news is I don't see any easy way for installation. Rootfs is ubifs which is not easily repackable. Maybe someone has some experience with handling ubifs images?

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51653.30.html

Feb 1, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #443 of 775
Del

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #445 of 775
Thank you for the link.
Could you elaborate on screen off and a playlist. Do you mean that I can change songs with the screen off but only in playlists?
I think that the playlist feature does not work in that early Benjie firmware is what he meant. But it did (or might, I'm unsure) have the buttons work while screen is off feature.

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #447 of 775
I didn't play much with Benjie firmware since I instantly switched to Agptek's, so you'll have to find out yourself. I've shared a simple tutorial somewhere in this forum so you can easily make playlists using Windows. A lot more convenience than using T6.

Feb 7, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #448 of 775
Is the Benjie BJ-T6 V1.04Beta still the latest firmware?
Regarding sound and GUI im really happy with my T6 but the battery drains, even when its off :frowning2:
I had hoped to find a newer firmware that solves this problem.

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #449 of 775
I noticed that this store is selling the Benjie T6 for $40 on Aliexpress.com. Pretty good price for a non holiday. I see that AGPtEK has a V2 Rocker which seems identical to the V1 other than the case having rounded corners. Could be why the price is reduced, getting rid of older inventory. Link provided because sharp corners on the case or not, $42 (with e-packet shipping) is a good deal for this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...r-1-8-LCD-Screen-Support-DSD/32803991999.html

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #450 of 775
I noticed that this store is selling the Benjie T6 for $40 on Aliexpress.com. Pretty good price for a non holiday. I see that AGPtEK has a V2 Rocker which seems identical to the V1 other than the case having rounded corners. Could be why the price is reduced, getting rid of older inventory. Link provided because sharp corners on the case or not, $42 (with e-packet shipping) is a good deal for this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...r-1-8-LCD-Screen-Support-DSD/32803991999.html

Yeah, Aliexpress is where I got mine, and it's consistently been $40 there, except it was on sale for $35 when I got it (which is a steal!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back