The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pjabber, Feb 8, 2017.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. spudmachine
    I would second Larry's comment. I bought the AGPTek version, but I gather the Benjie is exactly the same hardware, and you can install the AGPTek firmware on it. So why would you pay extra for the AGPTek? I have bought other stuff from AliExpress (I like in UK), and everything arrived without an issue.

The player is excellent. I agree the user interface is a challenge - but that's exactly the same with all of these low cost players. The important thing is that the audio quality is great for this price range. Bluetooth support is great.

I like the fact that there is no internal storage, and everything is stored on the micro SD card. This means that there's no weird asymmetric functionality that you get with some players (ie. one UI for the internal memory and another for the card).

Some people comment that they don't like the sharp corners. I can see their point of view, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

2. breeman
    The sharp corners did bother me, but then I bought a case for it (the Zune 4GB/8GB silicone case fits almost perfectly)
    It adds some nice padding to the corners making it much more comfortable to hold. The case is slightly too big on top so it tends to slip off a little. And you have to pull it aside to access the SD card slot (which is sort of plus because it covers the SD card slot, preventing the card from falling out if dropped) but it is soft silicone so that's not much of a bother. It is open on the bottom so you still have access to the charge and headphone ports, and you can pretty easily use all the buttons.

http://amzn.to/2Bx30MB (clear white)
    http://amzn.to/2ByBazS (black)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  3. spudmachine
    Great tip, breeman. Thank you!

4. larry piencenaves
    i have a question guys, is benjie t6 a clear step up compared to a regular smartphone?

5. bsoplinger
    That's sort of an apples and oranges type question. It or the bevy of even less expensive but still good sounding Benjie products like the K9 or S5 or X1 are much smaller than any smartphone. Won't be draining the battery of valuable talk time just to listen to music. Can play for hours more than a smartphone charge with 20+ hours on some models. Won't be filling up the memory with songs. Etc. OTOH its another thing to remember to grab when you're leaving wherever. Another place to transfer files to from your computer. Where exactly did you put that micro SDXC card reader anyway?

Sound wise pretty much the various Benjie players mentioned here have a rather nice sound especially considering the price. But many smartphones have decent audio so if and how much better the player is compared to your smartphone is very dependent on your smartphone. Of course if you have an Apple product a stand alone player has a headphone jack and there's no need for a lightning to audio adapter.

6. Vytautas
    Which is better for classical, jazz music? NiNTAUS X10 or Beinje T6?

How does these two compare to 10 year old (2004-2006) Rockboxed Ipod's with Wolfson DAC's: Ipod 4 classic (30GB), ipod nano 2 (2,4,8 GB)?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  7. bsoplinger
    The NiNTAUS X10 doesn't have gapless playback. It does have cue support so you could rip classical music as 1 big flac file and create a cue sheet for it instead of ripping as separate tracks. The Benjie T6 does have gapless playback so you can just toss a CD's worth of files in a directory and its good and I have no idea if it supports cue files. The X10 requires you to use DriveSort or another program to make sure that the time stamp gets modified to match alphabetical order. I'm unsure if the T6 requires that or can sort by file name because I shift cards between players so always format in FAT32 because DriveSort requires it and some players don't read exFAT or NTFS although I believe both of these aren't limited. The display is bigger on the X10 compared to the T6. The resolution is better too but the artwork gets displayed in about the same size with more info on the X10 screen.

Both have crazy long battery life, are relatively small (especially when compared to a smartphone) and take a single micro SD card but have no internal memory.

8. bsoplinger
    The NiNTAUS X10 doesn't have gapless playback. It does have cue support so you could rip classical music as 1 big flac file and create a cue sheet for it instead of ripping as separate tracks. The Benjie T6 does have gapless playback so you can just toss a CD's worth of files in a directory and its good and I have no idea if it supports cue files. The X10 requires you to use DriveSort or another program to make sure that the time stamp gets modified to match alphabetical order. I'm unsure if the T6 requires that or can sort by file name because I shift cards between players so always format in FAT32 because DriveSort requires it and some players don't read exFAT or NTFS although I believe both of these aren't limited. The display is bigger on the X10 compared to the T6. The resolution is better too but the artwork gets displayed in about the same size with more info on the X10 screen.

Both have crazy long battery life, are relatively small (especially when compared to a smartphone) and take a single micro SD card but have no internal memory.

9. Vytautas
    How does T6 compares to Xduoo X2 soundwise? Is T6 much better? Amp? DAC?

10. PJABBER
    Guys, please take a moment to read the first post of this thread, I try to keep it updated and it answers many of the questions you are posting. There are also longer reviews posted on the Benjie T6/AGPtek Rocker in the Head Gear section of this web site, reading those first will keep your questions and comments relevant.

If you bought this player, please post your reviews and comparison to other players you have or have tried. As I have mentioned before, AGPtek, and maybe Shenzhen Benjie, do check these reviews out and can improve their devices based on your input.

Having said that, yes, the T6/Rocker does support cue sheets.

I have both the T6 and the X2 and I have come to prefer the T6 for build quality and the convenience of a better screen. The X2 screen is impossible to read in normal daylight, it is OK indoors or in the dark. I also prefer the sound of the T6 but that might be biased by opting to use it more often than the X2. The X2 is a very light device so I opt to use it when when I don't want my shirt pocket to get dragged down, but that is about it.

Vytautas likes this.
  11. Vytautas
    Does anybody has tested T6 and Xduoo X3? What are their sound similarities and differences? Which is better for complex music?

The price difference is 19 eur now. X3 costs 56 eur on Ali, and T6 37 eur on Ebay.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  12. larry piencenaves

base on my readings here in headfi, x3 is better in sound quality

13. nicholast
    Hi everyone,

I just got my Benjie T6 (K1). Using a bluetooth earphone I can control the volume and pause/skip tracks etc. However, the buttons on a wired earphone does not seem to do anything at all.

Is this to be expected?

Thanks in advance.

14. Chamelleon
    Same here, only Bluetooth remote is working. I think it has only 3 pole audio port.

15. crabdog
    I noticed that too. It's quite strange because they DO work fine on their cheaper models (K6, X1).

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31
Next

Last