The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pjabber, Feb 8, 2017.
First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last
  1. froes
  2. PJABBER
    You bought the Benjie BT-6 directly from a China reseller? AGPtek sells and services their version in the rest of the world but they do not, and should not be expected to, support devices you did not buy from them.

If you read the first post I made in starting this thread you will see that I recommend contacting whomever you bought the device from for service.

Trying out different firmwares is completely on you, as is also outlined in my post.

3. nadezhda 6004
    1. You're right. I shoulda asked about Agptek.
    2. Not quite correct. The description (point 6) reads "Update: the player can not be operated when the screen is off. (Former version: when the screen is off in the list interface, you can press the up/down arrow buttons to scroll up/down)"
    3. Then (after pressing the power button) it's not in "screen off" mode (which I need).
    4. I am not saying it's a bug. I am asking for the firmware to enable the player operate with the screen off.
    Thank you for taking part in the discussion of my problem.

4. Stormbringer888
    Firmware 1.2 allows me to change volume while screen off, but not changing songs

5. nadezhda 6004
    I don't know what is wrong but even the first Agptek firmware does not enable to change songs with the screen off. They claim it does, though.
    Does anybody have the original T6 firmware? I asked the seller but he said he'd ask the factory about it. It's already been 2 weeks since that time. Still no response.

6. Stormbringer888
    BenjieT6 v1.04 firmware download link is actually on first page, which is https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sel0j3p7ve7vpb/update.upt . Last time I check it's still very much available. The GUI isn't exactly sight for sore eyes. If the skip buttons won't work with screen off I think playlist might be a solution, I mean how many times will you need to skip your own selection.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    alex5908 likes this.
  7. LostEchoes
    Rockbox for AGPTEK Rocker / update

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51653.30.html

8. alex5908
    Del

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  9. nadezhda 6004
    Thank you for the link.
    Could you elaborate on screen off and a playlist. Do you mean that I can change songs with the screen off but only in playlists?

10. bsoplinger
    I think that the playlist feature does not work in that early Benjie firmware is what he meant. But it did (or might, I'm unsure) have the buttons work while screen is off feature.

nadezhda 6004 likes this.
  11. nadezhda 6004
    Thanks. I'll try it today.

12. Stormbringer888
    I didn't play much with Benjie firmware since I instantly switched to Agptek's, so you'll have to find out yourself. I've shared a simple tutorial somewhere in this forum so you can easily make playlists using Windows. A lot more convenience than using T6.

13. Planet Patrol
    Is the Benjie BJ-T6 V1.04Beta still the latest firmware?
    Regarding sound and GUI im really happy with my T6 but the battery drains, even when its off :frowning2:
    I had hoped to find a newer firmware that solves this problem.

14. bsoplinger
    I noticed that this store is selling the Benjie T6 for $40 on Aliexpress.com. Pretty good price for a non holiday. I see that AGPtEK has a V2 Rocker which seems identical to the V1 other than the case having rounded corners. Could be why the price is reduced, getting rid of older inventory. Link provided because sharp corners on the case or not, $42 (with e-packet shipping) is a good deal for this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...r-1-8-LCD-Screen-Support-DSD/32803991999.html

15. breeman
    Yeah, Aliexpress is where I got mine, and it's consistently been $40 there, except it was on sale for $35 when I got it (which is a steal!)

First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last